Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

Oh my goodness! How do you come up with these things @Samtian?!! ๐Ÿ˜† Too funny! Go avocaDO!! ๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿฅ‘

@itsfi Haha I have no idea. They just pop into my head.

@Samtian Hey why not blend the two together?

C27F4143-71F5-410E-9F8C-AE6BEDF9C589.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@eshoe YUCK

@Samtian Yeah Iโ€™m pretty sure I could pass on these as well๐Ÿ˜‚

Thank you @eshoe! There's a time and place for gummies and snack time sounds like the right time. ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi great theme and photo!! I couldn't agree more with the texture of the keihls! 

Thank you @lmaster๐Ÿ˜ I feel like that Kiehl's avocado ๐Ÿฅ‘ mask had such potential, but the formula just makes it an avocaDON'T. โ˜น๏ธ Such a bummer.

@itsfi  Mmmmmm...avocado. That looks like a delicious one. Whenever I purchase some, there's about a 1/3 chance that it will be a decent one, sadly. That garnier mask is a great one. I tried it out thanks to this board. ๐Ÿ™‚ I never thought to use it as a leave in conditioner. My hair may be a bit too thin, but I think I'll give it a try. Gives me an excuse to repurchase! 

@PrettyPaint, grrr, thatโ€™s such a let down when an avocado order is so hit or miss. ๐Ÿฅ‘ The individual strands of my hair are very thin; I just have a lot of hair (though I feel like I have much less than I did before ๐Ÿ˜Œ). Iโ€™ve learned over the years (and the hard way, of course) that itโ€™s best for me to care for the thinness, regardless how much of it I have.  When I use the mask as a leave-in, I take a very small amount and  work it through from the middle to the ends and then as the very last step, Iโ€™ll use whatever is left of the product thatโ€™s on my hands and run it quickly and lightly through the top, just to give it some conditioning but making sure to do what I can to keep it from being too heavy and making it flat.

@itsfi  That sounds pretty similar to my hair. Hairdressers usually say my hair is fine/thin but there's a lot of it. Thanks for the tips - I'll definitely give that a try. My ends are dry and straggly, so they could use some conditioning for sure. I wish I was a person with good hair skills, but I am most certainly not. 

@PrettyPaint, "good hair skills" is not something I can take claim too; to say I have "skills" would be a stretch. ๐Ÿ˜ I pat myself on the back for the "extra effort" if I do anything to my hair in addition to using shampoo and conditioner. Hahaha! I feel so fancy on days when I use a hair mask. ๐Ÿ˜‚

@itsfi  What a great theme! ....All of a sudden I have craving for avocados. Haha! That toast looks delicious! ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿฅ‘ 

Happy to hear you're enjoying the Garnier mask line! That papaya one is definitely a favorite, and so is this line, especially for the price. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I love avocados @Shosh85๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿฅ‘ My skin was happy with ending the week with a bunch of avocaDO masks. ๐Ÿคฃ Oh yes, 100% agree, I think the papaya mask is the best one of the Garnier Fructis line and you just can't beat the price! 

Love the AvocaDO theme here.  @itsfi mmmmmmmm

Thank you @missjeanie! ๐Ÿค— Weโ€™ll blame my craving for avocado toast ๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿž on Friday for enabling the avocaDO ๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿฅ‘ masking sessions this weekend! ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

I was watching a 5-minute crafts beauty hacks video this morning and I saw this ๐Ÿ˜ณ

2801E8AB-2699-4822-997E-BD56FAECDBBF.jpeg

โ€ƒ

0D78C11F-FA56-4621-B51E-66A2746B62F6.jpeg

DIY fruit and veggie mask maker?!?! I know what is going on my Christmas wish list ๐Ÿ˜‚

@eshoe That is interesting. The mask looks like cat food. 

@Samtian technically, you are correct.

BBDCEA18-00D6-42FF-8B9B-68764B858339.gif

โ€ƒ

@eshoe The kittens eat pate style food so that is immediately what I thought of haha. 

@eshoe  Omg. Soooo cool!!! 

testing