Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Itโ€™s May, Hurray! ๐ŸŒธ We are almost 1/2-way through this yearโ€™s challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Mask with a Partner! @Alphaboo gives us this weekโ€™s fun challenge: Letโ€™s make an excuse to mask togetherโ˜บ๏ธ

Letter of the Week:  T

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

Im embarrassed to say I have yet to try these. Maybe I'll wear one tomorrow while I'm cooking/getting ready for a party.๐Ÿ˜ I think i have all the variations too. @itsfi glad to hear its a good one, im just so bad about using eye masks. And I should since i always get the "you look tired". Duh, people. Duh. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

What @sonnydee?!!! People tell you that you look tired?! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I hope they were discreet about it. I shouldn't be surprised; in the past, there's been more than one occasion where I was told "oh, you really don't look so good." Thank you for that; no really; thank YOU! ๐Ÿคฃ Hahaha! The things people say. I've have these in my mask bin for ages it seems. I sometimes forget they are there but after using this one, I'm reminded how well these will come in handy when periodic breakouts or maskne means it might be better to not use a sheet mask on my chin / jawline area. Hope this one works out well for you. Have fun at your party!!! 

Not really discreet ๐Ÿ˜ณ@itsfi. and i even had that comment come up not just from family or "friends" but even acquaintances. And even if I have a newborn. Smh. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ i havent heard it fairly recently since weve been at home more but I'm sure it's coming

Ugh! ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ So sorry @sonnydee

Its ok @itsfi just helps me sharpen my wittiness/sarcastic responses. And if i don't like the person...๐Ÿ˜พ...im not even joking the things I come up.with. Some people just lack common sense/manners/courtesy. 

Excellent outlook @sonnydee! ๐Ÿค— Itโ€™s good to have a healthy dialogue of wit and sarcasm with yourself every now and again! Keeps the mind sharp! ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

I was watching a 5-minute crafts beauty hacks video this morning and I saw this ๐Ÿ˜ณ

2801E8AB-2699-4822-997E-BD56FAECDBBF.jpeg

โ€ƒ

0D78C11F-FA56-4621-B51E-66A2746B62F6.jpeg

DIY fruit and veggie mask maker?!?! I know what is going on my Christmas wish list ๐Ÿ˜‚

@eshoe That is interesting. The mask looks like cat food. 

@Samtian technically, you are correct.

BBDCEA18-00D6-42FF-8B9B-68764B858339.gif

โ€ƒ

@eshoe The kittens eat pate style food so that is immediately what I thought of haha. 

@eshoe  Omg. Soooo cool!!! 

It looks fun @ather, and I finally found a simple mask mold without the machine (which...whatever is that for, idk) for around $12. Looking forward to playing around with it, sounds like an experiment for the little ones, too๐Ÿ˜‰

Wow, now that's interesting, @eshoe. It looks more effort than I'm willing to put in lol, but I'd be so curious to hear reviews on how it actually works out from anyone who does decide to pick one up. I can only imagine how easy it would be to create a mask that could irritating to skin though. 

I think there is potential there, @quspork, but  I am wondering just how much of a chemist you need to be to make something worthwhile. I mean...how does it stick together, and could I just use it to make jello masks? (Actually it appears there are lots of recipes for gelatin peel-off masks, so who knows๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ).

Whaaaaaa? I have not see it. @eshoe So intrigued. Does it have reusable or plain sheets that the fruit goes onto in the tray? 

I havenโ€™t looked into it further, @Weetart but I will update if itโ€™s anything worth delving into. Iโ€™m not completely sold on it yet!

@eshoe  That is so cool. I never have seen such a thing. I'm definitely curious what the fit would be like from the mold. 

In the back of my mind, I am thinking disaster @PrettyPaint- but it might be lots of fun, too!

@eshoe  Oooh, that looks fun! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I'd be curious to know how much fruit you'd need for one mask ๐Ÿค”

Me too, @Shosh85 , though I imagine you could use slices too, to make it look pretty ๐Ÿคฉ

lol @eshoe I've seen this advertised a few times in my social media feeds.... I was wondering how long it would take for someone here to take the plunge!

3 Replies
Photos1,712
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg