Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

Iโ€™m so happy to finally have a use for those PMG sequins, @missjeanie! They are so pretty, just needed a purpose:)

@missjeanie @eshoe  Haha. I was wondering if they were the PMG sequins! ๐Ÿ™‚

Yep, @PrettyPaint - Iโ€™ve had them tucked away for awhile now. Finally time for some glitter โ€˜n shine๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ˜Š

D is for deep moisture

E9A2B597-1D3D-440D-A594-02397AF31032.jpeg

Spoiler

Isntree Ceramide Deep Moisture Cream Mask

This is a thin/medium soft cotton sheet mask that was loaded with a slippery, sort of milky-gel serum and had a typical sheet mask kind of scent. The fit was great - just a bit long at the chin. It had great adherence and it was super comfortable to wear the 40 minutes I had it on. My skin felt very happy after removing - hydrated, nicely moisturized, soft and plump. This is another one I'll be adding to the (long) list of repurchases!F86BE729-A967-472F-AEF7-363FE60B441A.jpeg

@Shosh85 this mask looks like it would be great at moisturizing!! 

@lmaster  Yup, definitely a good soother for dry skin! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Oooh the serum in this one sounds just about perfect, @Shosh85. Adding it to my list as well!

@eshoe  I definitely love milky serum! It's so soothing on dry skin, especially in the wintertime! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Silky and moisturizing you say??? Sounds like one I might need to add to my list too @Shosh85 .  Thanks for the review!

@missjeanie  Yeah, this one felt so nice! It's definitely a good winter soother! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Ahhhh, I see "ceramide" on a sheet mask, and I smile, @Shosh85! Then my smile widens at the words "milky-gel serum". I have a couple of Isnttree masks but I'll have to double check to see if this is one of the ones in my bin. It sounds wonderful!! Perfect for this time of the year! ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi  Yep, I love ceramide masks, especially in the winter! The milky serum feels so good on my dry skin! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

100% agree @Shosh85๐Ÿ‘Š For whatever reason, I haven't tracked how different ceramide masks stack up against one another. No time like the present, I suppose; putting that on my "to do" list for this winter. 

W is for Wow!

D is for dream mask for dry, dehydrated and/or dull skin

Vitabrid.jpg

Spoiler
The 411: The soft, thin microfiber of the Vitabrid Dual Mask Age-Defying Firming is a perfect accompaniment to the milky liquid essence. The mask makes some big claims - hydrating, moisturizing, age-defying and firming - and while I find the latter two claims to require more than a single use for review purposes, the ingredients list on this Vitabrid mask nonetheless supports its claims, with notable ingredients including but not limited to niacinamide, Vitamin C, a host of peptides and essential oils, Co-Q10, sodium hyaluronate, and allantoin. Other than the routine minor adjustments to the corners of the eye and mouth hole to make for a better fit, the mask adhered beautifully, wore comfortably the entire 40 minutes I had it on, and performed amazingly well. My skin felt soft, smooth, hydrated and moisturized and my complexion had that clear, bright, fresh-faced lit from within glow to it. 

What I Liked: Milky liquid essences in sheet masks usually make for a great pairing with my dehydrated and dry skin and such was the case here. This mask has so much going for it - soft, comfortable material; wonderful results - softens, hydrates, moisturizes and brightens skin. And let me just say it again, that milky liquid essence - ahhhh. What's even better is that there's a generous amount of this essence in the packet. Yessss!!!! 

Area(s) For Improvement: Just a few small ones. Slightly wider holes for the eyes and mouth would be helpful. Also, including the full ingredients list on the brand's website (it would make it easier to cut and paste and I do attribute where it comes from; that's easier than typing the list out from the back of the mask). I know the brand has a Vitamin C serum but I'm wondering if they carry the essence from this mask as a standalone product. If not, "Dear Vitabrid, please consider launching this essence as its own product."

Repurchase?: I received a few of these masks as gwps and in unicorn mail, and haven't purchased one of these myself yet. While it's not the most expensive mask we've seen, at $8, the price might elicit another D - "D'oh!!" That said, I would shell out my own money for another one of these masks after I've used up the ones in my current stash. I'd even consider treating myself to it every now and again at full price. 

My Two Cents: Dry skin? Dehydrated skin? Skin in need of a little pick me up? This mask is worth trying if you answer yes to any of these questions. I do note that I experienced a very slight amount of tingling which I attribute to the vitamin C, but it was very brief. My skin felt very well nourished by this mask and it's been a while since my mug looked so bright and glowy. This is one of the best masks I've used and an absolute love. Great for a special occasion or just because. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Ingredients: (as listed on back of packaging)
Spoiler
Water, Methylpropanediol, Glycereth-26, Niacinamide, 1-2 Hexanediol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucuose Distearate, Polysorbate 60, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Trehalose, Tocopheryl Acetate, Betaine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Tocopherol, Zinc Oxide, Glutathione, Hippophae Rhammoides Callus Culture Extract, Punica Granatum Callus Culture Extract, Rubus Idaeus Callus Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavendar Oil), Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Ascorbic Acid, Ubiquinone, Caprylyl Glycerol, Lecithin, Cymbopogon -Martini Oil, Ethylhexylgycerin, Resveratrol, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Rose Flower Oil, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4, Adenosine, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Arginine 

One of the best masks you've used?? @itsfi I love how nourishing you say it is!!

Another milky serum for the win, @itsfi. Your roller is nice, too - very soothing in appearance.

Yep @eshoe, the milky serums are wonderful for the dry skin, especially in the cooler seasons. ๐Ÿ˜ Rollers are great, to use on their own or with a mask; this one was gifted to me by the lovely @heartsmyface๐Ÿ’

@itsfi You gifted me this one and I definitely remember loving it! If only it was a tad bit cheaper I'd stock up! Happy to hear it's a love for you as well! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

It's so good @Shosh85! I had a sample of another product from the brand and liked it and it jogged my memory that I have a few of these I haven't used. So glad I used it. I should use the other sheet mask from this brand soon, too. Good reminder. I need to sort through my masks and figure out which ones to use / try before year end. Who knew having just one face would cause so many problems?!? ๐Ÿคฃ

S is for sold me on it! @itsfi This sounds like my perfect mask... minus the price point.  Have you noticed it sold with many different retailers?  Okay... went and did a quick check mid response... looks like Amazon USA has it, and they have a US store that ships free over 40$ (this mask pack was 5$ less expensive on their store).  I may need to wait till I can get to my mailbox, but I've bookmarked their site! Thanks for the stellar review Fi!

Oooohh, thanks for the shopping intel @missjeanie! That's good information. I told myself I could hit 'pause' on my 'sheet mask no buy' once before the end of the year, but I'm wondering whether I should just hold off and wait for after the New Year, as I don't need more sheet masks. As that really hasn't stopped me in the past, we shall see ... 

testing