Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

***2022 Mask of the Week Challenge***

Open for input and suggestions๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿผ

Spoiler

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Animal Print Masks - Lions ๐Ÿฆ, tigers ๐Ÿฏ, pandas ๐Ÿผ, and bears ๐Ÿป, oh my! None other than the lovely @Shosh85 brings us this smile-worthy challenge๐Ÿ˜„

Letter of the Week:  Q

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

Oh my goodness @missjeanie I guess we think alike, you are just a few steps ahead of me โ˜บ๏ธ Hectic would make a great band name! 

@eshoe  I did look at the 7am one... I just knew I couldn't do it at 7am and still make my morning on time lol

It was more like 7pm for me, @missjeanie ๐Ÿ˜‚

Love that you used the 10:00 p.m. mask at ... 10:00 p.m. @missjeanie! Something just so poetic about that! I'm digging 10:00 p.m. and Hectic for band names.

"I can't ever buy a mask as a one... always gotta get at least two just in case I love it." That's a really good and sound approach, missjeanie. Well, more sound than picking up a box of masks at the outset. Wait ๐Ÿ˜ฎ, who would do that?! Hahaha! ๐Ÿคฃ I've lucked out with the various boxes of 10 masks I've picked up, but I will aim to be better at managing my mask library this coming year. 

Oh @itsfi  I assure you there are a lot of 10 packs I pick up too.  I'd actually be super happy if 5 was a more popular pack number.  Lets just say it's been a mask learning experience the last few years.  I feel like 2 is way more appropriate than 10... but dang if I happen upon a 10... sooooo basically I can't ever just buy one. 

Hahaha @missjeanie! I find that when I buy just one mask, it ends up that I pick up a lot of different masks. For next year, Iโ€™m giving myself limits on how many masks I can have โ€œin stockโ€ at any one time. 

@missjeanie  haha! I love that you were hoping for a grape scent because of the purple! Grapes were the first thing that came to mind when I saw the package too ๐Ÿ˜‰

The Hectic mask sounds nice!... and I totally agree, it would make a cool band name!

I had to check myself for a second when I realized I was disappointed in the lack of scent @Shosh85 .... I mean... can I really be disappointed when it was apparently just my mind that thought there should be grapes in there?

@missjeanie oh wow a two step hectic mask,, sounds interesting, I wouldn't mind a warming sensation right about now ๐Ÿ˜†

Preach @lmaster !

W for Winter Masking:

8ECA7E3A-DFEB-4988-9AD6-F40653B05AC8.jpeg

Spoiler
The Farmacy Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask is a winter must-have for my skin. There are a couple of masks that while Iโ€™m wearing them, just feel like they are locking in hydration. This is one of them, and one I hope to always have for wintertime. 

The PAT McGRATH LABS Lip Fetish Balm Tin (๐Ÿค— @SportyGirly125 ) is quickly becoming a must-have. Wearing it yet again tonight. It is similar to the Laneige with a bit more slip๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’“

Finally, I could hardly wait to try out one of the new masks from my incredible Secret Santa, @tjffc. The Crรจme Shop Gudetama Fusion Essence Mask has both vitamin C (which my skin loves) and AHAโ€™s, which...still kind of intimidate me! Which is why I was careful to pack it in between a superior hydrating wash-off and an ultra-rich moisturizer (Bloom Effects Royal Tulip Nectar). 

It is printed and of course, in the most perfect way.
Spoiler
5B81B214-D9BC-48BC-9F69-37EDBE981F43.jpeg

โ€ƒ

It began to tingle slightly after a few minutes; nothing crazy but enough to make me think. Ah, AHA! I debated removing it but instead left it on for about 20 minutes. The scent was typical sheet mask, fit was typical CS (no eye flaps, whew!). After removing I did find a slight tinge of red to my cheeks, but knew there was nothing to be concerned about as chemical exfoliants like AHAโ€™s can do that.

I slathered on on a thick layer of moisturizer and followed it up when I woke around 2 with Origins Mini Drink Upโ„ข Intensive Overnight Hydrating Mask with Avocado & Swiss Glacier Water 1 oz/ 3... . My skin was well-hydrated and brighter than usual this morning, a win for the skin!

Hard to go wrong with Gudetama @eshoe.

For a smile, @itsfi, nope! 

@eshoe  Awe, I love the "cheek-on-cheek" illustration! Gudetama's bare bum always cracks me up! ๐Ÿ˜‚ So happy to hear it turned out nice for you!

Love the Farmacy and Origins masks! Definitely both winners for me as well! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Gudetama always makes me crack a smile, @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Good way to use those sequins @eshoe ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜

Yes, finally@sonnydee! Iโ€™ve had them in a little box just waiting for their moment to shine ๐Ÿ˜‚

This mask sounds too perfect!! @eshoe 

It was definitely fun, @lmaster! The chin flapped around quite a bit, but Iโ€™ve had worse:)

Ha, love the print on the Creme Shop Gudetama mask- how cute, @eshoe!

Gudetama prints rarely disappoint, @quspork ๐Ÿ™‚

2 Replies