Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

I used my tretinoin last night I got my butt going quickly this morning so that I'd have time for a mask to try and stave off any flakeyness.  The quest for my version of perfect skin continues!

5FE59A2D-D23A-4400-855C-F862C81A4B4E.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
First mask of my morning was the Tony Moly Pureness 100 collagen mask.  I find I'm more successful with my masking if I pull out a small collection to choose from for the week at the beginning of the week.  I have no idea why I pulled this one (I usually try to pull within the theme).  Was Pureness 100 a band name in my mind?  Anyhow, for some reason I was hoping that this would have a grape scent.  It doesn't.  I'm 73% sure that I was only hoping or it because there's purple on the mask.  The fabric on this one looked a bit 'dirty' since the cotton wasn't bleached, but that makes no difference to me.  It actually fit nicely around my face, where some masks around the temple can cover a bit of my hair (I'll just fold them if they do), this one was good to go.  It did pop up at the chin a touch, but nothing that was bothersome.  My skin did feel nice after this mask, but I didn't see it being life changing.  I had no flakes this morning when I woke up, so this was harder to see a difference than some others I've been doing of late.  I'm happy to use up more of these, I think I have two more?  I can't ever buy a mask as a one... always gotta get at least two just in case I love it. I can't say I'd rush to buy more of these, I'd rather try something new.  But I also can't say that this was a fail.  It was just a good mask.  Make up did look lovely after this, but I always use different bases these days so who knows if it was the mask or not.
Evening mask was the Hectic 10pm mask.  I know I thought Hectic could be a cool band name.  Frankly, so could "10:00pm".  In a fun twist, I actually did this mask at 10pm.  There is a scent to the first step, but I can't place it.  It's fresh, and maybe a touch fruity, but I can't tell what kind of fruit.  Scent wasn't strong and went away as soon as I had it on my face.  The microfibre material here is nice, but just not as nice as the Too Cool For School that I used the other day.  The chin did pop up after about 10 minutes, instructions that I found online said to wear step 1 for 5-10 minutes so I took that as my cue to remove the mask.  This mask comes with a step 2, two glacier water pads that you're meant to wipe your face with.  Does this step remove step 1? Neutralize it?  Instructions I found online were vague at best, probably should have looked a bit harder than the first screen of google results.  I did feel a bit of a reaction when using them, I don't want to say a burn, but there was a warmth.  There is a bit of tackiness left on my skin as I use some eye patches now (trying to use up a jar that is meh).  The tackiness however isn't enough that it wouldn't go away with moisturizer, which I plan to slather on tonight.

Oh my goodness @missjeanie I guess we think alike, you are just a few steps ahead of me โ˜บ๏ธ Hectic would make a great band name! 

@eshoe  I did look at the 7am one... I just knew I couldn't do it at 7am and still make my morning on time lol

It was more like 7pm for me, @missjeanie ๐Ÿ˜‚

Love that you used the 10:00 p.m. mask at ... 10:00 p.m. @missjeanie! Something just so poetic about that! I'm digging 10:00 p.m. and Hectic for band names.

"I can't ever buy a mask as a one... always gotta get at least two just in case I love it." That's a really good and sound approach, missjeanie. Well, more sound than picking up a box of masks at the outset. Wait ๐Ÿ˜ฎ, who would do that?! Hahaha! ๐Ÿคฃ I've lucked out with the various boxes of 10 masks I've picked up, but I will aim to be better at managing my mask library this coming year. 

Oh @itsfi  I assure you there are a lot of 10 packs I pick up too.  I'd actually be super happy if 5 was a more popular pack number.  Lets just say it's been a mask learning experience the last few years.  I feel like 2 is way more appropriate than 10... but dang if I happen upon a 10... sooooo basically I can't ever just buy one. 

Hahaha @missjeanie! I find that when I buy just one mask, it ends up that I pick up a lot of different masks. For next year, Iโ€™m giving myself limits on how many masks I can have โ€œin stockโ€ at any one time. 

@missjeanie  haha! I love that you were hoping for a grape scent because of the purple! Grapes were the first thing that came to mind when I saw the package too ๐Ÿ˜‰

The Hectic mask sounds nice!... and I totally agree, it would make a cool band name!

I had to check myself for a second when I realized I was disappointed in the lack of scent @Shosh85 .... I mean... can I really be disappointed when it was apparently just my mind that thought there should be grapes in there?

@missjeanie oh wow a two step hectic mask,, sounds interesting, I wouldn't mind a warming sensation right about now ๐Ÿ˜†

Preach @lmaster !

W for Winter Masking:

8ECA7E3A-DFEB-4988-9AD6-F40653B05AC8.jpeg

Spoiler
The Farmacy Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask is a winter must-have for my skin. There are a couple of masks that while Iโ€™m wearing them, just feel like they are locking in hydration. This is one of them, and one I hope to always have for wintertime. 

The PAT McGRATH LABS Lip Fetish Balm Tin (๐Ÿค— @SportyGirly125 ) is quickly becoming a must-have. Wearing it yet again tonight. It is similar to the Laneige with a bit more slip๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’“

Finally, I could hardly wait to try out one of the new masks from my incredible Secret Santa, @tjffc. The Crรจme Shop Gudetama Fusion Essence Mask has both vitamin C (which my skin loves) and AHAโ€™s, which...still kind of intimidate me! Which is why I was careful to pack it in between a superior hydrating wash-off and an ultra-rich moisturizer (Bloom Effects Royal Tulip Nectar). 

It is printed and of course, in the most perfect way.
Spoiler
5B81B214-D9BC-48BC-9F69-37EDBE981F43.jpeg

โ€ƒ

It began to tingle slightly after a few minutes; nothing crazy but enough to make me think. Ah, AHA! I debated removing it but instead left it on for about 20 minutes. The scent was typical sheet mask, fit was typical CS (no eye flaps, whew!). After removing I did find a slight tinge of red to my cheeks, but knew there was nothing to be concerned about as chemical exfoliants like AHAโ€™s can do that.

I slathered on on a thick layer of moisturizer and followed it up when I woke around 2 with Origins Mini Drink Upโ„ข Intensive Overnight Hydrating Mask with Avocado & Swiss Glacier Water 1 oz/ 30 mL . My skin was well-hydrated and brighter than usual this morning, a win for the skin!

Hard to go wrong with Gudetama @eshoe.

For a smile, @itsfi, nope! 

@eshoe  Awe, I love the "cheek-on-cheek" illustration! Gudetama's bare bum always cracks me up! ๐Ÿ˜‚ So happy to hear it turned out nice for you!

Love the Farmacy and Origins masks! Definitely both winners for me as well! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Gudetama always makes me crack a smile, @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Good way to use those sequins @eshoe ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜

Yes, finally@sonnydee! Iโ€™ve had them in a little box just waiting for their moment to shine ๐Ÿ˜‚

This mask sounds too perfect!! @eshoe 

It was definitely fun, @lmaster! The chin flapped around quite a bit, but Iโ€™ve had worse:)

Ha, love the print on the Creme Shop Gudetama mask- how cute, @eshoe!

1 Reply
testing