Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Itโ€™s May, Hurray! ๐ŸŒธ We are almost 1/2-way through the challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: โ€œFavorite Mask in Your Regular Routineโ€ - the lovely @itsfi would like to know - which mask do you buy in bulk, to always have on hand? 

Letter of the Week:  S

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

@missjeanie  haha! I love that you were hoping for a grape scent because of the purple! Grapes were the first thing that came to mind when I saw the package too ๐Ÿ˜‰

The Hectic mask sounds nice!... and I totally agree, it would make a cool band name!

I had to check myself for a second when I realized I was disappointed in the lack of scent @Shosh85 .... I mean... can I really be disappointed when it was apparently just my mind that thought there should be grapes in there?

@missjeanie oh wow a two step hectic mask,, sounds interesting, I wouldn't mind a warming sensation right about now ๐Ÿ˜†

Preach @lmaster !

D for Dearpacker & also these words have been in quite a few famous bands. Guns & roses, Black Sabbath, Black eyes peas...so many more. 

1202202113a.jpg

โ€ƒ

Fit?it was a 2 part mask so I could adjust to make a perfect fit

Smell? Like rose tea

Consistency? WATERY. drippey mess. This mask was a true hydrogel but also felt net like. I think if the serum was thicker it could hold onto the mask better. I think this mask i barely got 15 min out of it before it started feeling dry. It also had bits of tea leaves implanted on the mask (see pic)

Ease of use?no issues

Would I  purchase/try again? Yes, if i could find it๐Ÿ™.This was a cool mask. There was so much serum & it was so watery i dropped in a blank pellet to use again,. it's now

1202202113.jpg

โ€ƒ

sitting in the fridge. My skin does feel good & I fell asleep before i could remember to use a night moisturizer but my skin was still hydrated & soft in the morning. I also didnt find any stray leaves after using on my face some reviews mention that๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค

@sonnydee, this mask sounds fantastic! I used to see this one at Riley Rose, an off-shoot of Forever 21. Now, I just see the wash off version of this mask. Hmmm.... ๐Ÿค” Fingers crossed we'll see more of these soon.

@sonnydee  This one sounds lovely! It's such a bummer you can't find it! 

I thought they had these through Ulta @sonnydee ๐Ÿค”

They did @lmaster that's where ive been buying mine. But i think they are not carrying them anymore, there selection is shrinking

You're right!! @sonnydee I looked yesterday,,,, yeah slim pickings now ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

I'm so glad this one was excellent despite the wateryness of the serum @sonnydee .  Gotta love a two piece mask, always fit so nicely. 

Maybe when I'm no longer as lazy ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‰ I will just start cutting all my masks in half @missjeanie 

I've thought about doing that too @sonnydee ... but I'm joining in on the lazy instead!

If you could find it, @sonnydee? I loved this mask, of course it must be discontinued/OOS. I will have to keep my eyes out for it now!

You can get the wash off version mask still at Ulta @eshoe 

Two masks gifted to me from the sweet as can be @Shosh85 thank you!! 

E for Enrich and V for Venofye

IMG_20201124_130439107.jpg

โ€ƒ

IMG_20201125_205301653.jpg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
The oozoo enrich mask is new to me, it  has a cute honeycomb shape filled with serum, you pinch it and the serum escapes to the package. then you massage the package for about 5 minutes to make sure that extra serum gets absorbed into the sheet. The scent was slight honey not overwhelming. The sheet was a  medium thickness flexible and adhered well to my skin. There was extra serum in the package. Where time was 15 minutes after I removed my skin felt soft and nourished a little hydrated and a touch moisturized. I did really enjoy this mask and it's one that I would repurchase on my own.
Next is the venofye mask. It it felt also like more of a medium thickness saturated nicely and adhered well to my skin if it was really good I left it on for 15 minutes it does say to rinse off the residue with water so I took that as you needed to rinse off the serum that was just placed on your skin. I didn't notice much of a scent at all. I did go ahead and use a damp warm makeup eraser to remove the mask, and after I did so my skin felt so soft kind of if I had used an exfoliator of some sort. The results from this mask were great my skin felt perfectly moisturized perfectly hydrated and perfectly soft. An A mask for sure!!

@lmaster  Love the honey theme. It sounds like your face is feeling nice and hydrated! ๐Ÿ™‚

@PrettyPaint yes yes yes!!! These both were so wonderful to my skin โ˜บ๏ธ

@lmaster I just did the Venofye one too! So happy to hear you enjoyed these! It's hard to go wrong with honey! ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿฏ 

Thank you so much!! @Shosh85 they both were excellent!!

Sweet masks to a sweet lady from another sweetie! @lmaster Two real winners here.  Glad you and your skin enjoyed them. 

2 Replies
Photos1,704
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg