Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 Mask of the Week Challenge 😌💖

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Morning Masking to get up and Glow, Glow, Glow!!💖

Letter of the Week:  P

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

Love that you used the 10:00 p.m. mask at ... 10:00 p.m. @missjeanie! Something just so poetic about that! I'm digging 10:00 p.m. and Hectic for band names.

"I can't ever buy a mask as a one... always gotta get at least two just in case I love it." That's a really good and sound approach, missjeanie. Well, more sound than picking up a box of masks at the outset. Wait 😮, who would do that?! Hahaha! 🤣 I've lucked out with the various boxes of 10 masks I've picked up, but I will aim to be better at managing my mask library this coming year. 

Oh @itsfi  I assure you there are a lot of 10 packs I pick up too.  I'd actually be super happy if 5 was a more popular pack number.  Lets just say it's been a mask learning experience the last few years.  I feel like 2 is way more appropriate than 10... but dang if I happen upon a 10... sooooo basically I can't ever just buy one. 

Hahaha @missjeanie! I find that when I buy just one mask, it ends up that I pick up a lot of different masks. For next year, I’m giving myself limits on how many masks I can have “in stock” at any one time. 

@missjeanie  haha! I love that you were hoping for a grape scent because of the purple! Grapes were the first thing that came to mind when I saw the package too 😉

The Hectic mask sounds nice!... and I totally agree, it would make a cool band name!

I had to check myself for a second when I realized I was disappointed in the lack of scent @Shosh85 .... I mean... can I really be disappointed when it was apparently just my mind that thought there should be grapes in there?

@missjeanie oh wow a two step hectic mask,, sounds interesting, I wouldn't mind a warming sensation right about now 😆

Preach @lmaster !

W for Winter Masking:

8ECA7E3A-DFEB-4988-9AD6-F40653B05AC8.jpeg

Spoiler
The Farmacy Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask is a winter must-have for my skin. There are a couple of masks that while I’m wearing them, just feel like they are locking in hydration. This is one of them, and one I hope to always have for wintertime. 

The PAT McGRATH LABS Lip Fetish Balm Tin (🤗 @SportyGirly125 ) is quickly becoming a must-have. Wearing it yet again tonight. It is similar to the Laneige with a bit more slip💓💓💓

Finally, I could hardly wait to try out one of the new masks from my incredible Secret Santa, @tjffc. The Crème Shop Gudetama Fusion Essence Mask has both vitamin C (which my skin loves) and AHA’s, which...still kind of intimidate me! Which is why I was careful to pack it in between a superior hydrating wash-off and an ultra-rich moisturizer (Bloom Effects Royal Tulip Nectar). 

It is printed and of course, in the most perfect way.
Spoiler
5B81B214-D9BC-48BC-9F69-37EDBE981F43.jpeg

It began to tingle slightly after a few minutes; nothing crazy but enough to make me think. Ah, AHA! I debated removing it but instead left it on for about 20 minutes. The scent was typical sheet mask, fit was typical CS (no eye flaps, whew!). After removing I did find a slight tinge of red to my cheeks, but knew there was nothing to be concerned about as chemical exfoliants like AHA’s can do that.

I slathered on on a thick layer of moisturizer and followed it up when I woke around 2 with Origins Mini Drink Up™ Intensive Overnight Hydrating Mask with Avocado & Swiss Glacier Water 1 oz/ 3... . My skin was well-hydrated and brighter than usual this morning, a win for the skin!

Hard to go wrong with Gudetama @eshoe.

For a smile, @itsfi, nope! 

@eshoe  Awe, I love the "cheek-on-cheek" illustration! Gudetama's bare bum always cracks me up! 😂 So happy to hear it turned out nice for you!

Love the Farmacy and Origins masks! Definitely both winners for me as well! 😃

Gudetama always makes me crack a smile, @Shosh85 😉 

Good way to use those sequins @eshoe 😉😍

Yes, finally@sonnydee! I’ve had them in a little box just waiting for their moment to shine 😂

This mask sounds too perfect!! @eshoe 

It was definitely fun, @lmaster! The chin flapped around quite a bit, but I’ve had worse:)

Ha, love the print on the Creme Shop Gudetama mask- how cute, @eshoe!

Gudetama prints rarely disappoint, @quspork 🙂

I love so much about this post @eshoe !  Cheek on Cheek may be the absolute best thing I've seen so far this week!  And you moisturize when you wake up at night?  Thats dedication.  Glad that you ended up with such a good mask from your Secret Santa.  Good reminder to pull out my Farmacy as well.  What a lovely masking experience for you with all the lovelys.

Ha that might even make a good band name, @missjeanie 😂 Loving the theme this week! @PrettyPaint 

Oh yes, my pup wakes me at least once in the middle of the night to go out, so I am often up and I may as well put that time to good use, right? 

@eshoe  I give you props!  When I wake up in the middle of the night, no matter the reason I'm pretty much a zombie lol

15 Replies