Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

That's so super sad too,,, that was a wonderful mask @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ˜’

Oh yay, @Shosh85! I was so excited when @PrettyPaint sent this one to me, I had to share:D The texture was different than I expected, but in a good way. This is the only other mask Iโ€™ve tried that mimics the Ice Sorbet one, which is very cool indeed. Happy to hear your skin enjoyed it, too!

@eshoe  Thank you so much for sending me this one! I never thought I'd run into one that was so much like the Missha mask! The texture of it really does feel so nice! 

That is so great to hear, @Shosh85

34DA8CE6-B4D7-4F54-8C4A-705E5D219403.gif

โ€ƒ

Oh this sounds like a great mask @Shosh85 Gotta say, your description of the texture had me hooked.  Might need to look this one up!

@missjeanie  I really loved the uniqueness of it! I definitely need to get more! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

This morning I went with Vita Jelly Sheet mask. The serum has that awesome jelly texture that feels great. I have used these many times before with no problems, but I think I should have waited a month or for my skin to calm down because it left me a bit pink after. Not painful like the last one, but it was definitely a bb cream day. I do strongly recommend these masks though, I've used them many times with awesome results. But now I know when to use them and when not to!

So, to soothe everything I went with lookatme Aloe Vera. Worked great, obvs. I grew up with a giant Aloe plant in the backyard and would break off a bit and squeeze out the aloe and use it as a homemade mask at the end of a day. This was the 80s-90s so it's been a while. I've been on a lookatme kick lately and I think I may only have one left! Noooooo!!!! I'm in a COVID hotbed area and probably can't even get into a TJMaxx if I wanted to. So, I'm going to wait to go out on the hunt again. As a note for those with sensitive skin I do have a container of Nature Republic Aloe gel and when I had that major skin reaction it helped a lot in conjunction with Aquaphor and cortizone on the major burn/blister type spots. I think I want to experiment homemade formulas using my reusable mask, something that really really hydrates and soothes.

And chamomile heat mask, of course a winner.

WhatsApp Image 2020-11-30 at 2.33.50 AM.jpeg

Love aloe @Weetart! I have aloe sheet masks and aloe gel around all the time, and have since picked up an aloe plant. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ You raise such a good point about how a mask can perform differently for us depending on whatโ€™s going on with our skin on a particular day. Will keep that in mind with the Vita Jelly mask. 

@Weetart my gma had an aloe vera plant โ˜บ๏ธ the best ever to have on hand!! What happened to make you have a sensitive reaction?

@lmaster I used Tonymoly Vital Vita 12 jelly  face wash. I actually have made an appointment to the dermatologist, to deal with it. I have also had this particular reaction to Aveeno products. I get a blistering rash in spots and my skin is extra sensitive for months after. Maybe I should compare the ingredient lists and see if there are commonalities. Iโ€™m also careful around โ€œnatural productsโ€ in general, food and otherwise because they can be more of a miss than hit.

Oh my!! @Weetart that sounds painful ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

@Weetart  Isn't that really the key with all masks... figuring out when the right time to use them is!   I'm sorry you're running low on the look at me masks, they really are a solid go to.  I can't get into a TJ's at the moment either (border is closed) but I've perused their online site a few times.  Maybe you could come across them there?

@Weetart  It's too bad the Jelly mask caused some irritation, but it sounds great otherwise!

Glad the Look At Me mask could help soothe! It's always a great idea to have an aloe mask/aloe on hand! 

@Weetart such fun jello packaging! Sorry to hear it made you a bit red but it sounds like you like it overall!

Did these earlier in the week and just now remembering to post...

The Dr. Althea was for the letter V - it's the "Natural Brightening Velvet Mask." It contains rice extract and and oatmeal, and I found it had lots of extra creamy serum. It fit comfortably to the face and adhered closely to the skin. It was also nicely hydrating and calming.

The other two (the milk eye gels and the OleHenriksen Cold Plunge Pore) I believe I've posted about before, but they were meant for the morning/pep-to-step theme. Both are good to help get me going in the morning.

1.jpg2.jpg

Great masking combo @PrettyPaint! ๐Ÿ˜ That Dr Althea sheet mask sounds fantastic - my skin loves creamy serums this time of the year. โ™ฅ๏ธ Iโ€™m pretty sure I have a couple of Dr Althea masks in similar packaging; making a note to check if itโ€™s this one. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Absolutely love the cold plunge! @PrettyPaint 

@PrettyPaint Do you like the Milk eye gels?  I've looked a few times at them, but they never quite get into my basket.  Are they very moisturizing?

@missjeanie  They are more cooling than moisturizing, I would say. They really adhere strongly to the eye area. If my skin is feeling particularly sensitive, they almost tingle a bit. I think a lot of people like them; they are decent, but I probably wouldn't repurchase personally.

Good to know, thanks for the review @PrettyPaint , I look more for moisturizing eye patches so they might not be for me. 

@PrettyPaint  The Dr. Althea mask sounds like a winner! I love masks with creamy/milky serum - definitely sounds soothing! Glad to hear you enjoyed it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

testing