Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

I'm so glad this one was excellent despite the wateryness of the serum @sonnydee .  Gotta love a two piece mask, always fit so nicely. 

Maybe when I'm no longer as lazy ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‰ I will just start cutting all my masks in half @missjeanie 

I've thought about doing that too @sonnydee ... but I'm joining in on the lazy instead!

If you could find it, @sonnydee? I loved this mask, of course it must be discontinued/OOS. I will have to keep my eyes out for it now!

You can get the wash off version mask still at Ulta @eshoe 

Not a band name or maybe Your Ex's? ๐Ÿค” but it is a subject that gets sung about a lot! 

1202201117.jpg

โ€ƒThis was a gift from the extraordinary @eshoe

Fit? Almost perfect just a lil bit of roz

Smell?it did have a strong scent but between my hair -fresh out of the shower, stuffy nose, & trader joes gingerbread body scrub. I really couldn't tell exactly what it was. Maybe typical sheet mask scent? But it was pleasant enough

Consistency?gel like, before it soaked in, left a shiny, tacky residue. It had be a bit worried. But you do have a lot to go around

Ease of use?no issues

Would I  purchase/try again? After it soaked in, was left without tack. Not sure of the exfoliating powers but did like this mask. It delivered good hydration & my skin was soft in the morning. Thank you @eshoe for sharing this with me!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Love the band name @sonnydee! Love Leaders masks too! You're making me want to break open my TJ gingerbread body scrub now!

Since it was 12 days & I bought it perfectly timed with minis bday. I used the calendar with her to count down til her birthday (today) it was fun & she enjoyed smelling all the goodness with me. @itsfi 

Awww, fun @sonnydee! Happy birthday to mini! ๐ŸŽ‚

power puff bday.jpg

Love how you incorporate the name with the theme @sonnydee ๐Ÿ˜†

Ha yes @sonnydee seems like most music is about that, doesnโ€™t it ๐Ÿ˜† Now the gingerbread scrub sounds delicious! I need to get to my Trader Joeโ€™s sometime before the year ends. I miss my fill of peppermint Joeโ€”Joeโ€™s.

It was a mini in the advent calendar. My TJ did not have a good selection of holiday goodies or at least i didn't see that much. I did get some peppermint hand wash. @eshoe but that was pretty much it.

Bahahaha, I love how you fit it into the theme @sonnydee !

Thanks @missjeanie 

tenor (22).gif

โ€ƒ

Challenge Theme: Masks that would make a good band name

Band Name: The Gastropods ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ (Ohhhh yeeeaaah!!! Had to get this one in!)

The Gastropods.jpg

Spoiler
The light floral scented gel in this Look At Me Best Friend (Snail + Green Tea) Face Mask imparts a lovely cooling sensation as thin Tencel material holding the serum rests softly and comfortably against my face and after some adjustments to the chin/jawline and corners of the eyes and mouth, the fit feels nice as well. Half an hour of wear results in some excess serum that absorbs fairly quickly as you press and pat it into the skin. It doesn't take too long for the slight tacky-to-the-touch feel that remains to fade away, leaving skin soft, smooth, slightly bouncy and nicely hydrated. Skin looks and feels revitalized as claimed. While I wouldn't say my skin felt taut, it did look and feel less puffy so I can see that the firming claims may have some support with more regular use, but not with one single use, and that's to be expected. This is a good snail mask and one I would use again, but not necessarily one I would seek out, though that has more to do with the fact that I have a nice supply of snail sheet masks that I like a lot.

I think this'll be my last entry for band names as far as masks go. This made for a lot of fun for the first half of the week @PrettyPaint! Thank you so much for suggesting it! ๐Ÿ’–

Bahaahaaaa ๐Ÿคฃ @itsfi we are the gastropods!!! ๐Ÿ™Œ

Yes, we are @lmaster! Yes, we are! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ

Iโ€™m actually surprised we havenโ€™t heard of this band yet, @itsfi - love your take on the snail-inspired band name! What a fun theme @PrettyPaint suggested ๐Ÿฅฐ

Well @eshoe, if I were to hazard a guess, it's likely because The Gastropods move at a snail's pace. ๐Ÿคฃ I'm sure the band will be topping the charts any day now...

@itsfi Iโ€™ll be waiting!

3043E8A2-E107-425B-84BE-37DA0CA77145.gif

...any day now, any day now๐Ÿ˜„

@itsfi  "The Gastropods" is an excellent band name! Haha! I love it! ๐ŸŒ

testing