Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

I'm kinda partial to it myself, as well @Shosh85๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ I suspect the band will have a bigger following in some countries over the other. ๐Ÿคฃ First tour stop, the Jeju Islands! 

The Gastropods!!!  I love this one @itsfi !  I can be in this band?  I can't sing. And I can't play an instrument.  Maybe I could be a groupie?

I've always just assumed you were part of The Gastropods @missjeanie๐Ÿ˜ I'm sure we can find you a musical instrument to play. A zipper can be a musical instrument, as can your hands. 

@itsfi  The Gastropods! I love it so much! Do you have a favorite snail sheet mask?

A favorite snail mask @PrettyPaint? I don't know if I have just one. ๐ŸŒ Ones I'm currently loving are:

Jin Jung Sung x CrediThink Snail Honey Jelly Mask@Shosh85 introduced me to this and I love it - snail + honey + jelly serum, yes please! I love that you can pick this up on amazon too!

JMsolution Active Pink Snail Brightening Mask Prime - this mask is a recent discovery and a new love; I picked it up a few at a local Asian beauty boutique pre-covid. It was more I went in a few times and somehow ended up picking up this mask each time. My mistake will come in handy. lol.

Etude House 0.2mm Therapy Air Mask - love how thin the material is and it's affordable

Leaders Snail Therapy Skin Clinic Mask 

TonyMoly has two lines with snail masks I like - one is the Master Lab line and the other is the Prestige Jeju line

Tosowoong, CosRxMissha and Naruko also have snail masks that I really like as well.

Yadah Collagen Mask (it's got snail in it)

Any of the snail sheet masks from the Elensilia Intracell brand have been good to my skin. 

Just typing this out makes me think I could do a month's worth of masking with a bunch of different snail masks if I wanted to. Hmmm.... ๐Ÿค”

Do you have snail masks that you like?

@itsfi  Oh my goodness - this list is perfect. Thanks so much for listing all that out. I didn't mean to ask such a long question! ๐Ÿ™‚  

I feel like I haven't tried as many snail masks as I would like, but they are so, so nice. I think the one I recall liking a lot is Missha's Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Hydro Gel Mask. I liked the yadah too. I'm seriously going to go through your list and try some of these, though. That CrediThink one sounds awesome - I think I'll add that to my next amazon order!!

Not a problem @PrettyPaint; happy to help. ๐Ÿค— It was a good opportunity for me to look at my masks and think about which snail ones I've been enjoying. ๐ŸŒ It also made me go through my skincare bin and I think I may be able to put together a routine centered on l'escargot! ๐ŸŒ I've never done a full routine with snail products (or having the majority of my routine be snail mucin based) but I think my skin would love it; thank you so much for inspiring that. ๐Ÿ˜ 

Oh, I forgot to add the It's Skin also makes a couple of snail mucin masks that I love; both are part of the brand's Prestige collection - one is a 2-step, with a sheet mask and undereye gel patches, and the other is a mask that contains snail mucin and ginseng. 

The Gastropods is a great one! The Escar Go Goโ€™s popped in my head after you saying that. Not nearly as good. @itsfi 

I like Escar Go Got too @Weetart !!  I picture a 60's throwback group in shiny pink dresses, big beehive hair and white go go boots.  Always wanted white go go boots....

"Always wanted white go go boots...."

Do it @missjeanie! ๐Ÿ˜† It could be part of your fashion resolutions for 2021.

Bahahaha @itsfi I'm not too sure I could quite pull them off.... never know though... never know.

@Weetart, The Escar Go Go's is an awesome name. ๐Ÿ˜  Super fun! It's just as good if not better than The Gastropods. I actually like The Escar Go Go's more - it has more whimsy and pizzazz to it. ๐ŸŒ

Challenge Theme: Mask that would make a good band name

Band Name: The Beets (Get it? Beats ... Beets) ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Beets.jpg

Spoiler
Farm Skin Brightening Superfood Salad for the Skin (Beet) is a soft, thin Tencel sheet mask saturated but not quite dripping in a sweet-leaning, subtly fruity scented essence having a traditional sheet mask consistency - slightly viscous liquid, aimed at brightening the complexion. As with most, if not all, Tencel sheet masks I've used, adherence is wonderful. As for fit, it was good, better than most sheet masks for my face size and shape but can be easily tailored to make it suitable for me - I just needed to take off some length along the chin and jawline and make some small incisions to the corners of the eyes. There's some essence remaining after an half hour of wear, but it absorbs quickly as I pat, pat, pat the extra into my skin to help with absorption. Once fully absorbed and the slightly-tacky-to-the-touch feeling dissipated, my skin felt soft, hydrated and a little brighter. The brightening is not an in-your-face blinding light but more of a clear, fresh-faced glow.

Thanks again for the fabulous theme @PrettyPaint! Got some veggies and masking in all at the same time! ๐Ÿ˜  I have The Go-Go's We Got The Beat in my head now. ๐Ÿ˜†

Ok @itsfi did you ever watch the nickelodeon cartoon called Doug?? They literally had a band called the beets ๐Ÿ˜†

The-Beets-PPcorn1.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@lmaster, how did I miss that Doug had a band named "The Beets"? I've seen a handful of episodes. They were ahead of their time. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Oh how I miss the good ol cartoons!! @itsfi 

Yesssss to this @lmaster! โ™ฅ๏ธ They donโ€™t make โ€˜em like they used to, do they? I mean, there are some good animation in film and cartoons these days, but I miss the stuff we grew up watching! 

Iโ€™m just here for the cocokind, @itsfi! I currently have more lip balms than I will ever use, but that doesnโ€™t mean I canโ€™t still be curious ๐Ÿง 

Lol @eshoe ๐Ÿ˜†

@eshoe @itsfi  okay... so long story short... I saw this post right before I went to the drug store for the first time since March.  I had points to spend at Shoppers Drug Mart and they were doing a spend your points event and the drug store was virtually empty.  I went down each aisle and saw this... right after I saw your post Fi.  So I now have this lip balm in 'quarantine' in my garage for another day.  I should have asked if it was great or not... but I figured hey... its a pandemic... YOLO on the lip balms?

@missjeanie @eshoe, I like the Cocokind balm. It has the slightest of tints to it; I actually can't tell that my lips are tinted with it unless I press a tissue to my lips. The initial swipes of the balm has a hard feel to it but once you get a couple of passes through, the entire balm softens and it applies nicely and smoothly. It moisturizes my lips without making them feel greasy, but it's not super moisturizing. I find that the Sephora Collection tinted lip balms to impart more color and more moisture but this one seems to wear longer on my lips than the SC one. 

3 Replies
testing