Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

Okay... I''m impressed with the VT mask pack @itsfi ... I think to re-purchases a pack of this size you've gotta like it big time.  I'm going to look more into these once I whittle down my stash.  I'm digging the idea of the packaging that could be recycled. 

@missjeanie, of the larger mask packs I've tried, I probably have 3 I really like - one is no longer available, another has been out of stock for some time (and makes me think it is discontinued), and this one. I'll keep trying other mask packs but the ingredients in this one and the skincare benefits from them make this VT mask pack one that I will come back to.

The VT cica daily masks sound like a good pack to have on hand for winter, @itsfi

@quspork, yes!! This would be great in the cooler months - it'll give some but not too much hydration and provide some calming to any redness from the weather or otherwise. This one is among my favorite sheet mask packs. 

My Monday masks!  Off to a good start with two today.  I'm working from home today and got a call that my presence was requested at work tomorrow for a commercial shoot.  I'm soooo glad they actually told me ahead of time (who are those people that don't give heads up???) anyhow, my tretinoin ride is still producing some flakes so I figured I had to do at least two masks today lol.  I have to say I had fun looking through my collection for possible masks this week that had good band names.  What a great theme!

2CDCED4D-C800-4CFD-845B-E15E91B8A0CD.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
First mask today was from Oozoo, a fantastic band name I think.  I used the Water Bang version and realized as I cut the mask open that I forgot to burst the ear.... oppps.  I popped the ear and spread that serum on my face then applied the mask.  Not exactly use as intended but my skin sucked up the serum today super fast.  My mask was getting pretty dry on my cheeks at 15 minutes so I removed and massaged in the remaining serum on my chin and forehead. Not a lot of tack left with this mask, and the fabric was a good fit and felt comfortable.  There is a slight scent with this that to me just smells like skincare.  Once the mask was on, I didn't smell anything.  I have a few more of these and I love the aesthetic of the packaging so I'm glad to have them.  Skin felt better, but I'm battling flakes so another mask was in order within two hours.  Do I go overboard? Mayyyyyyybeeeee.
Mask 2 is the Too Cool for School Egg Cream mask.  Oh man.  Love this mask.  Its one of my favourites without a doubt.  The material is slightly thicker feeling microfibre and holds a silky feeling milky serum.  This mask felt soooo nice going on.  The material fits so nicely and feels so comfortable.  I stuck my nose in the package and could only detect a super faint fresh laundry scent.  Super light though, you need to be really looking for it.  My skin felt so nice after wearing this for 35 minutes.  Not much for tackiness with this one either, however I applied my moisturizer pretty quickly to prevent moisture loss.  Might see how the night goes and do another sheet mask before my oils and sleep mask tonight.  
What a great masking day.  Two great band names, and two great masks.  My skin is much happier. 

Oooh yes, @missjeanie - OOZOO would make a fantastic band name ๐Ÿ˜‚

I can hear someone hollering it out on a big stage into a microphone in front of a stadium crowd already @eshoe 

@missjeanie  Those are some great band names! I still haven't tried the TCFS mask, but I can't wait to because it seems to get some great reviews! Glad these worked out well for you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I love them all from this line @Shosh85 , something about the serum and the microfibre combo.  The feel is so nice. 

I'm glad to hear this combo helped your skin, @missjeanie! I love the Oozoo bear for a nice hit of hydration. 

I swear sometimes I forget how much I enjoy a mask then when I do use it again, I'm extra impressed all over again @quspork ! lol

I agree - Oozoo is a great name for a band. Love it @missjeanie! โ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธ Love your mask choices too! Thatโ€™s good that they gave you a heads up about the shoot. Youโ€™re a celebrity missjeanie! 

Lol... it was a long day but pretty fun @itsfi , not something that happens in small town Northern Ontario very often!  And my skin was looking great.. under my mask lol

@missjeanie @Both such great masks for sure!! The too cool one has always been one of my favorites 

Such a good one every time @Kim888 ! I need more masks like this! 

Ohhh @missjeanie great choices!! 

It was one of those days where it all came together @lmaster ! 

W is for Wishtrend. Gifted to me from the lovely @eshoe ๐Ÿ˜Š 

5A93BCAB-94C3-4D24-AD19-54FA83CAD8A1.jpeg

Spoiler

Wishtrend Hours-long Moisturizing Gauze Sheet Mask

This is a two piece mask that they say is gauze, but it seemed more like tencel and was coated with a slippery gel serum that felt kind of like firm jello. It reminds me exactly of  the MISSHA Ice Sorbet Cooling Moisture Sheet Mask I've used a couple times and really love. (I think eshoe has mentioned the same thing before too ๐Ÿ˜‰) The scent was light and was a mix of fruity and floral - I thought it was pleasant. It fit good - just a smidge too long at the chin, not quite wide enough by the ears and the mouth hole was a bit too small. The mask was super comfortable to wear and adhered well except for the extra length at the chin that popped up occasionally during 25 minutes I had it on. When I removed it there was a little serum left that was just slightly tacky, but it all absorbed in a few minutes. My skin felt soft, plumped and moisturized and had a nice dewy glow.

I really enjoyed this mask! I'd definitely love to order more!
๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Ingredients:

Spoiler
B0134DBC-E575-49AF-9DCA-AF4FCA6ECEED.jpeg

The mask:

Spoiler
277549D4-3E0A-4B8A-B0FC-FCE642E2D0B7.jpeg

(Not my hand - this picture was borrowed from a site I forgot to write down the name of)

@Shosh85, this is such a marvelous mask. I love the material on it. Happy to hear it worked so well for you! 

@itsfi  Happy to hear you enjoyed this one as well! The texture of it is so unique, I'd definitely love to find more like it! I'm pretty sure the Missha mask that is similar to this is discontinued, otherwise I'd be stocking up on both!

@Shosh85, yes, it is similar to the Missha and a couple of some lanseal masks I used a year or so ago that I really liked. 

1 Reply
testing