Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

@PrettyPaint, ahhh, good intel on the tomato! ๐Ÿ… Iโ€™m tucking that knowledge into my noggin ๐Ÿง  to pull out one day, maybe while at a meal that includes tomatoes. That would be so fun and the reactions on peopleโ€™s face would be funny. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Iโ€™ll have to look up what that โ€œtomato as a vegetableโ€ tax was all about. ๐Ÿ˜† Love that your kids are into tomato classification! โ™ฅ๏ธ

Alright, hopefully third time is the charm here! The Sephora App has been, soooo bad lately, the latest update screwed up BiC so bad it's nuts. So, my review is much less detailed than the first two times I wrote it...

E is for essential and v is for vitamin.

In the morning I used a Vitamin C mask from... okay the photo I have is so blurry I can't even read it and I already tossed the package away. But it was from motm or from unicorn mail... maybe someone else recognizing the brand, starts with an A. There was some assembly required, and luckily it was fairly obvious because all the instructions were in Korean. ๐Ÿ™‚ First remove the "bottle" and remove the sticker seal on the mask half. Then open the bottle and squeeze the contents into the mask side. I squished it around a bit and the mask totally soaked up all the serum. When I took the mask out some parts were still dry so I mushed it all around a bit until it was all soaked. And see those dots? They are have pin like pokies on them, much like many acne patches. I assume this is so the serum can seep into the skin better. I wasn't paying attention to the time and when I took the mask off it was dry, but my skin was very tacky still. I noticed my skin was a bit pink, not quite RED, but definitely pink. So this was a strong formula. It didn't sting or anything though, so there is that. It was definitely an interesting mask that I have not encountered before!

In the evening I went with something I know, through experience is very mild on my skin and soaks everything up. Lots of excess serum. Neogen Milky cream something. It was the last of a ten pack and honeslty, I'm not going to buy it again. While it works well and my skin looks great and hydrated after it has a very strong baby powder scent to it. And, I hate the smell of baby powder, well, maybe hate is a strong word. But it's pretty accurate. I prefer it smelling a bit odd chemically than baby powder. 

Oh, and there is my eye mask of that night... I used an unscented because I didn't want the scent to interfere with my pillow perfume. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

IMG_2017.jpeg

You and @missjeanie were mask twins!! And I actually used the lavender eye mask two days ago @Weetart 

Grrr! Sorry to hear about the pinkness from the mask @Weetart. I second @Shosh85โ€™s vitamin C sensitivity as the culprit theory. The type or amount of vitamin C on those dots might not be something that plays well with your skin. Sorry too about the issues youโ€™ve been having with the app - kudos for you to posting from the app though. Iโ€™ve found the app to be the most challenging for that and usually limit my usage of it to tracking purchases or accessing an app only deal. 

@itsfi @PrettyPaint @Shosh85 oh, there is absolutely no question it was the vitamin C. Happens each time, I seriously don't know why I keep testing my limits with it. Temptation I suppose? I do looooove orange juice. lol anyway, I honestly think I need to give away every product I have with it, not worth it. Anyone looking for some vitamin c masks?? My complexion looks awesome in a routine without... so why mess with what works? I also have to be really careful products... I tried OLEHENRIKSEN Glow2OH 7% AHA Exfoliating Dark Spot Toner on one cheek and it destroyed my skin. Like totally weakened it, it's been close to a year and I still have discoloration on that spot... another recent product test was The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum  total epic fail. I tried that when it first came out and holy cats, bad news. Yet, retinol and retinoids, perfectly fine! In fact when I am breaking out or having irritation using them makes everything go back to normal. /shrug

@Weetart  Oh hmmm...I bet it was the vitamin C that caused some sensitivity. And I love, love those steam masks. @itsfi introduced them to me and I now constantly must have them on hand! 

I have been having app issues as well, by the way. I can't seem to post on mobile devices too well these days.

Love, love, looove those steam eye masks @PrettyPaint @Weetart @Shosh85! โ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธ     They are definitely โ€œmust havesโ€ in my book. 

@Weetart  The Juice Cleanse Mask is made by Ariul. Sorry it left you pink! Are you sensitive to vitamin c? I've heard the little vitamin c dots have caused irritation for others as well. Hopefully the pink-ness didn't last too long!

Sorry the app is giving you problems- using the browser always seems to work better for me. ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Weetart I just used one of the Neogen Milk Cream masks this week as well.  I had some flakiness and found that it was so nice to help with that.  I didn't notice the scent, but baby powder isn't one that I'm particularly adverse to. 

V is for Venofye. Mask twinning with the beautiful @lmaster ๐Ÿ˜Š

D060F3CA-CD35-486B-8EF2-AF825580156E.jpeg

Spoiler

Venofye Royal Honey Sheet Mask

This is a thin cotton sheet mask that was drenched with serum and had a lovely scent of sweet honey & almond. The mask fit great - just a bit too long at the chin. The adherence was good and it was comfortable to wear. I kept it on for about a half hour. When I removed it I rinsed my face with water as directed. (I didn't realize it was a a rinse off the first time I tried it.)  My face looked a smidge brighter, my skin felt comfortably hydrated and was super soft & smooth. 

I really enjoyed this one and I'm sad this was my last one. ๐Ÿ˜ข I'd definitely repurchase these if I found them at Ross again, but I'm 100% positive I wouldn't repurchase them at their retail price of $50 per mask ๐Ÿ˜ณ It was a great mask, but not that great!

A8FDF30F-64F6-4F53-8189-B36D59337F78.jpeg

@Shosh85, I remember when you shared about finding this mask! What a find, too! ๐Ÿ˜ The โ€œsweet almond and honeyโ€ scent you describe sounds decadent and adds to the luxe-ness of this mask. 

@itsfi  Definitely a nice find! Went back several times to find more, but no luck. ๐Ÿ˜ข I loved the combo of almond oil and honey ๐Ÿ˜‹

I would say it is a luxe mask @Shosh85 but I'm thinking more like 7-10$ range that's pricey to me ๐Ÿ˜†

@lmaster  Yeah, it's nice, just not $50 nice! ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜‚

@Shosh85  Almond and honey? Yum! I was about to do a search for them, but I definitely couldn't do $50 for a mask...haha. So cool that you were able to find them at ross.

@PrettyPaint  Yup, definitely a yummy scent and nice results, but would never pay $50 for it! ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Whoa @Shosh85 !  Sounds like a lovely mask... but 50$ a mask is waaaayyyy more than I'd be willing to shell out too.  At that price it would need to buy me dinner first or make me look like I was 20 again lol

@missjeanie  Bahaha! Right!? For 50 bucks I'd definitely expect it to do A LOT more! I've bought $2 masks that had pretty much the same results. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Still a great mask though and I'd snap it up in a heartbeat if I saw it that cheap again!

Two masks gifted to me from the sweet as can be @Shosh85 thank you!! 

E for Enrich and V for Venofye

IMG_20201124_130439107.jpg

โ€ƒ

IMG_20201125_205301653.jpg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
The oozoo enrich mask is new to me, it  has a cute honeycomb shape filled with serum, you pinch it and the serum escapes to the package. then you massage the package for about 5 minutes to make sure that extra serum gets absorbed into the sheet. The scent was slight honey not overwhelming. The sheet was a  medium thickness flexible and adhered well to my skin. There was extra serum in the package. Where time was 15 minutes after I removed my skin felt soft and nourished a little hydrated and a touch moisturized. I did really enjoy this mask and it's one that I would repurchase on my own.
Next is the venofye mask. It it felt also like more of a medium thickness saturated nicely and adhered well to my skin if it was really good I left it on for 15 minutes it does say to rinse off the residue with water so I took that as you needed to rinse off the serum that was just placed on your skin. I didn't notice much of a scent at all. I did go ahead and use a damp warm makeup eraser to remove the mask, and after I did so my skin felt so soft kind of if I had used an exfoliator of some sort. The results from this mask were great my skin felt perfectly moisturized perfectly hydrated and perfectly soft. An A mask for sure!!

@lmaster  Love the honey theme. It sounds like your face is feeling nice and hydrated! ๐Ÿ™‚

@PrettyPaint yes yes yes!!! These both were so wonderful to my skin โ˜บ๏ธ

testing