Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

Absolutely love the cold plunge! @PrettyPaint 

@PrettyPaint Do you like the Milk eye gels?  I've looked a few times at them, but they never quite get into my basket.  Are they very moisturizing?

@missjeanie  They are more cooling than moisturizing, I would say. They really adhere strongly to the eye area. If my skin is feeling particularly sensitive, they almost tingle a bit. I think a lot of people like them; they are decent, but I probably wouldn't repurchase personally.

Good to know, thanks for the review @PrettyPaint , I look more for moisturizing eye patches so they might not be for me. 

@PrettyPaint  The Dr. Althea mask sounds like a winner! I love masks with creamy/milky serum - definitely sounds soothing! Glad to hear you enjoyed it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Thanks @Shosh85. Yes, this is one of my favorite type of serum consistencies around this time of year. I wish more masks had the milky-type texture! ๐Ÿ™‚

Tried the Sephora Coconut Sheet Mask. No!! It was dingy and dirty looking, brownish. The smell was not pleasant. 

@Danielle103, sorry to hear this one really didnโ€™t work out for you. ๐Ÿ˜” A coconut mask seems like one of those that would be refreshing and hydrating. Itโ€™s too bad that was so far from your results. Too Cool For School Coconut Ceramide Mask is my favorite coconut mask; I wish Sephora still carried it. 

@itsfi  Do they still make that TCFS mask and sell it elsewhere?  I grabbed a couple when I spotted some at Ulta last year, but I hadn't seen any since.  I've quite liked all of the TCFS products I've tried... I should try to find  a distributor who ships up here.... hmmmm... might have just given me an idea that I really didn't need (lol) for an afternoon googling. 

@missjeanie, I really hope they haven't discontinued the ceramide sheet mask; it's such a great mask! It seems to be OOS at my usual go-to's for it - yesstyle, Bloomingdale's, revolve, ulta, etc. Hmmm... ๐Ÿ˜‰ I shall tell myself it is just being repackaged for now. I'm also making a mental note to start thinking about what coconut mask would be either a good dupe for it until it comes back online or which will take its place. 

I did a bit of a quick look yesterday to see if I could find anymore that shipped to Canada and didn't notice any available anywhere @itsfi .  I hope that they come back too.  I try to be sparse with the coconut on my skin... but these ones are soooo nice. 

@Danielle103 always a bummer when the scent isn't quite what you were hoping for. 

@Danielle103  Aww, well that's disappointing! I stopped buying Sephora masks because of the strong/bad fragrance. Sorry to hear this one was a bummer!

@Danielle103  Awww, that's too bad about the smell. I would have hoped it had a nice coconut scent. 

@Danielle103 I wasn't too fond of the scent either

So Excited when I saw these masks, had to get them. After spending a week camping in the outdoors for Thanksgiving it was time I was able to use it! ๐Ÿฟ

โ€ƒ

Fit? Not bad, the above the lip part was annoying so I actually just "hung" it on my nose. Only a slight extra roz { trying out a nickname for the extra chin part. I don't know why but everytime I thought to what to call it. This character from monsters Inc came to mind.}

Screenshot_20201123-225811.png

โ€ƒ

Smell?not popcorn๐Ÿ™ but did have a pleasant mix of honey & butter

Consistency? The serum was on the lighter side but still had a good, thicker consistency. It was clear. I was afraid of the butter but no issues with it being oily. 

Ease of use?no issues, I even ate some pie with this mask - after hanging the bit on my nose๐Ÿ˜‚

Would I  purchase/try again? Absolutely. I left this on for about 30 min. Extra serum in the pouch. Everything soaked in with absolutely no tack. I dont think drier types would be to impressed with this mask but for my oily skin, it was perfect. Finished off with some farmacy honey moisturizer & called it a night. ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ

1119201427.jpg

@sonnydee, pie and masking? ๐Ÿ’ก I havenโ€™t tried that but now itโ€™s on my to do list. Of course I have to ask, what kind of pie? ๐Ÿ˜† 

This mask looks so fun (I snacked on some popcorn while reading your review, because why not?! ๐Ÿ˜Š) but it might not be hydrating enough for my skin this time of year. I may keep it in mind and be on the lookout for it when summer rolls around again.

itsfi_0-1606916748047.gif

Pumpkin complete with cool whip๐Ÿ˜ @itsfi yea, it was a lightweight hydration. Good for me but I could see it being not so great for drier types. It was a fun mask. 

Oooh, yummy pie selection @sonnydee! ๐Ÿฅง 

@sonnydee  How perfect would these be for a movie night.  I love that they're suitable for pie eating as well!

As long as you get the above lip part out the way @missjeanie if not, you will have a mess on your hands & mask....lesson learned from experience

8 Replies
testing