Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

If you havenโ€™t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Most Innovative Mask - the latest tech + beauty ideas to try in 2021 (please let me know who to credit if you know, for this new theme!)

Letter of the Week:  E

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

Love aloe @Weetart! I have aloe sheet masks and aloe gel around all the time, and have since picked up an aloe plant. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ You raise such a good point about how a mask can perform differently for us depending on whatโ€™s going on with our skin on a particular day. Will keep that in mind with the Vita Jelly mask. 

@Weetart my gma had an aloe vera plant โ˜บ๏ธ the best ever to have on hand!! What happened to make you have a sensitive reaction?

@lmaster I used Tonymoly Vital Vita 12 jelly  face wash. I actually have made an appointment to the dermatologist, to deal with it. I have also had this particular reaction to Aveeno products. I get a blistering rash in spots and my skin is extra sensitive for months after. Maybe I should compare the ingredient lists and see if there are commonalities. Iโ€™m also careful around โ€œnatural productsโ€ in general, food and otherwise because they can be more of a miss than hit.

Oh my!! @Weetart that sounds painful ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

@Weetart  Isn't that really the key with all masks... figuring out when the right time to use them is!   I'm sorry you're running low on the look at me masks, they really are a solid go to.  I can't get into a TJ's at the moment either (border is closed) but I've perused their online site a few times.  Maybe you could come across them there?

@Weetart  It's too bad the Jelly mask caused some irritation, but it sounds great otherwise!

Glad the Look At Me mask could help soothe! It's always a great idea to have an aloe mask/aloe on hand! 

@Weetart such fun jello packaging! Sorry to hear it made you a bit red but it sounds like you like it overall!

Did these earlier in the week and just now remembering to post...

The Dr. Althea was for the letter V - it's the "Natural Brightening Velvet Mask." It contains rice extract and and oatmeal, and I found it had lots of extra creamy serum. It fit comfortably to the face and adhered closely to the skin. It was also nicely hydrating and calming.

The other two (the milk eye gels and the OleHenriksen Cold Plunge Pore) I believe I've posted about before, but they were meant for the morning/pep-to-step theme. Both are good to help get me going in the morning.

1.jpg2.jpg

Great masking combo @PrettyPaint! ๐Ÿ˜ That Dr Althea sheet mask sounds fantastic - my skin loves creamy serums this time of the year. โ™ฅ๏ธ Iโ€™m pretty sure I have a couple of Dr Althea masks in similar packaging; making a note to check if itโ€™s this one. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Absolutely love the cold plunge! @PrettyPaint 

@PrettyPaint Do you like the Milk eye gels?  I've looked a few times at them, but they never quite get into my basket.  Are they very moisturizing?

@missjeanie  They are more cooling than moisturizing, I would say. They really adhere strongly to the eye area. If my skin is feeling particularly sensitive, they almost tingle a bit. I think a lot of people like them; they are decent, but I probably wouldn't repurchase personally.

Good to know, thanks for the review @PrettyPaint , I look more for moisturizing eye patches so they might not be for me. 

@PrettyPaint  The Dr. Althea mask sounds like a winner! I love masks with creamy/milky serum - definitely sounds soothing! Glad to hear you enjoyed it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Thanks @Shosh85. Yes, this is one of my favorite type of serum consistencies around this time of year. I wish more masks had the milky-type texture! ๐Ÿ™‚

Tried the Sephora Coconut Sheet Mask. No!! It was dingy and dirty looking, brownish. The smell was not pleasant. 

@Danielle103, sorry to hear this one really didnโ€™t work out for you. ๐Ÿ˜” A coconut mask seems like one of those that would be refreshing and hydrating. Itโ€™s too bad that was so far from your results. Too Cool For School Coconut Ceramide Mask is my favorite coconut mask; I wish Sephora still carried it. 

@itsfi  Do they still make that TCFS mask and sell it elsewhere?  I grabbed a couple when I spotted some at Ulta last year, but I hadn't seen any since.  I've quite liked all of the TCFS products I've tried... I should try to find  a distributor who ships up here.... hmmmm... might have just given me an idea that I really didn't need (lol) for an afternoon googling. 

@missjeanie, I really hope they haven't discontinued the ceramide sheet mask; it's such a great mask! It seems to be OOS at my usual go-to's for it - yesstyle, Bloomingdale's, revolve, ulta, etc. Hmmm... ๐Ÿ˜‰ I shall tell myself it is just being repackaged for now. I'm also making a mental note to start thinking about what coconut mask would be either a good dupe for it until it comes back online or which will take its place. 

I did a bit of a quick look yesterday to see if I could find anymore that shipped to Canada and didn't notice any available anywhere @itsfi .  I hope that they come back too.  I try to be sparse with the coconut on my skin... but these ones are soooo nice. 

@Danielle103 always a bummer when the scent isn't quite what you were hoping for. 

8 Replies