Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

@Shosh85, you always make masks look good! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ The results on this one sound wonderful! ๐Ÿ˜ I have a box (hmmm, probably more than one ๐Ÿ˜”) of these and have just been waiting for the day when I am, as you so aptly put it โ€œin the mood for the extra work thatโ€™s involved.โ€ ๐Ÿ˜ Iโ€™ll try to muster up my mood to get this one in before the end of the year. 

@Shosh85 I have some of these and quite enjoy them, but like you said... I need to be in the mood to put in the effort. 

@missjeanie  I still have a couple more to get though as well, but it is so hard for me to get motivated for it! It's definitely more fun when you're doing it with someone ๐Ÿ˜‰

This sounds like it turned out nicely and was worth the extra effort, @Shosh85 but I'm like you, most of the time just give me a sheet I can slap on and call it a day. 

@quspork  Yup, most days I'm not patient enough for it, but I do love how my skin feels after! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 That looks awesome! But way too much work for me. 

@Samtian  Yep, I totally know what you mean. It's not too often I'm in the mood for the extra work ๐Ÿ˜„

From last week, F for firming in the Manyo Bifida Ampoule Wrap mask

PXL_20201123_210522646.jpg

This is a seaweed gel mask that promotes skin barrier health and turned out quite nice. It's a 2 piece mask so lends itself to a nice fit. There was a ton of clear serum left in the package as well. It is quite scented but nothing offensive. It had an earthy scent with a hint of mint. I'm assuming that's all in the rosemary water, Irish moss water, and eucalyptus leaf oil coming through. While on, it felt very cooling, almost tingly- quite invigorating. It did seem to dry out quicker than I would have liked, less than 15 minutes in. After removal there wasn't too much tack left and while I didn't notice a visual difference in my skin, my skin did feel nice. I'd probably use this one again in the morning for a nice wake-up-the-skin mask. 

Then for Flash masks, the Patchology Flashmasque Illuminate 

PXL_20201123_210542055.jpg

Well, I finally found a Patchology mask that I would not repurchase. I usually love their masks, but this one just wasn't kind to my face. It's a cotton sheet with a super cute lace design on it. But that's really where the positives end. The scent, ugh, the scent. It smelled like acetone. It was quite off-putting. The fit was 100% terrible- far too long and narrow. If you're insanely skinny with a Tyra Banks 5-head though, you may have better luck in that arena. While my skin did feel a little softer and smoother after removal, there was no brightness as one would expect with an "illuminating" mask and I did have bit of redness. That went away after a couple hours, but still, not ideal. They can't all be winners!

Ohhhh the scent acetone ๐Ÿ˜ฃ yikes sorry about that one!! @quspork 

@quspork, Iโ€™m intrigued by the Man:yo mask; Iโ€™ve heard good things about their skincare in general. The Patchology mask though is a pass for me, but I loved reading your review. ๐Ÿ˜ I think Tyra Banksโ€™ forehead has me beat on being extra, and it cannot be said that Iโ€™m insanely skinny so this one doesnโ€™t seem like it would be a good fit. 

I've heard good things about the ampoule that the Manyo mask is based on, @itsfi, but I haven't tried too much from their brand yet. A lot of it looks nice though! 

@quspork  Haha! Your "Tyra Banks 5-head" comment cracked me up! ๐Ÿ˜‚ The scent alone would keep me from trying this one!๐Ÿ˜ฌ Sorry to hear it was unimpressive! 

I used to watch a lot of America's Next Top Model, @Shosh85 - that phrase is etched in my memory ๐Ÿ˜‚

Love the two piece masks @quspork , but you're right, they can't all be loves, at least now you know that that Patchology mask is a pass. 

So true, @missjeanie - at least it frees up future purchasing for better masks!

I've tried a ton. Miss Spa's Hemp seed mask is great. Avon's Put Your Cool Face On mask is my all time favorite. I love how they are cut, it provides lift. It's calming effects are phenomenal. I recently tried Neutrogena Hydro Boost and did not like it. I did not like the consistency, the fact it came in two halves. Would not recommend. 

@Danielle103, I didnโ€™t even know Avon carried sheet masks. I tend to just restock what I need when Iโ€™m on the site, and maybe get lost in the various lip balms they have ๐Ÿ˜† but will make a note to check out that mask as it sounds wonderful! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

The bottom piece was slipping off. I couldn't even talk. I haven't tried many others in the Miss Spa collection, I ordered some today.  The Avon one is cut like a face lift. I ordered some more from there today. I will let you know. 

@Danielle103 I haven't thought to check out masks from Avon, great idea!  I love two piece masks, mostly so I can get a better fit and can take off the bottom if I want to snack lol.  Hope you find some new fun masks on the thread!

E for Vitamin E

IMG_20201117_205103782.jpg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
This is the last mask for the 3 pack I tried. Out of the 3 this one is my least favorite. The sheet was fine, same as the others, the scent was horrendous,,,๐Ÿคฎ an absolute deal breaker. To me it smelled foul, that's the best description. Wear time was 15, I wanted to give it a fair shot despite the scent. It completely was underwhelming!! It claims quenching,,,I felt very minimal hydration, nothing screamed soothing and nothing felt moisturizing about this mask. Major fail. 

Ack!! ๐Ÿ˜ซ Sorry to hear this 3-pack was underwhelming @lmaster. ๐Ÿ˜Œ Appreciate your thoughts on each of the masks. Knowing masks that are not worth picking up is just as helpful as knowing the good ones. 

1 Reply
testing