Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights 💮

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

Whoa @Shosh85 !  Sounds like a lovely mask... but 50$ a mask is waaaayyyy more than I'd be willing to shell out too.  At that price it would need to buy me dinner first or make me look like I was 20 again lol

@missjeanie  Bahaha! Right!? For 50 bucks I'd definitely expect it to do A LOT more! I've bought $2 masks that had pretty much the same results. 😂 Still a great mask though and I'd snap it up in a heartbeat if I saw it that cheap again!

Two masks gifted to me from the sweet as can be @Shosh85 thank you!! 

E for Enrich and V for Venofye

IMG_20201124_130439107.jpg

IMG_20201125_205301653.jpg

Spoiler
The oozoo enrich mask is new to me, it  has a cute honeycomb shape filled with serum, you pinch it and the serum escapes to the package. then you massage the package for about 5 minutes to make sure that extra serum gets absorbed into the sheet. The scent was slight honey not overwhelming. The sheet was a  medium thickness flexible and adhered well to my skin. There was extra serum in the package. Where time was 15 minutes after I removed my skin felt soft and nourished a little hydrated and a touch moisturized. I did really enjoy this mask and it's one that I would repurchase on my own.
Next is the venofye mask. It it felt also like more of a medium thickness saturated nicely and adhered well to my skin if it was really good I left it on for 15 minutes it does say to rinse off the residue with water so I took that as you needed to rinse off the serum that was just placed on your skin. I didn't notice much of a scent at all. I did go ahead and use a damp warm makeup eraser to remove the mask, and after I did so my skin felt so soft kind of if I had used an exfoliator of some sort. The results from this mask were great my skin felt perfectly moisturized perfectly hydrated and perfectly soft. An A mask for sure!!

@lmaster  Love the honey theme. It sounds like your face is feeling nice and hydrated! 🙂

@PrettyPaint yes yes yes!!! These both were so wonderful to my skin ☺️

@lmaster I just did the Venofye one too! So happy to hear you enjoyed these! It's hard to go wrong with honey! 😋🍯 

Thank you so much!! @Shosh85 they both were excellent!!

Sweet masks to a sweet lady from another sweetie! @lmaster Two real winners here.  Glad you and your skin enjoyed them. 

@missjeanie they both were fabulous!!! Thanks sweets ☺️

Excellent masking @lmaster! Super sweet and generous of @Shosh85 to send these your way!! ♥️ I have that Venofye mask on deck for later this week; excited fo give it a try. Lots of good reviews on it from fellow BIC maskers. 😍

Thank you!! @itsfi I know you will enjoy it

Both of those masks are lovely, @lmaster - lucky you and I bet your skin is extra happy for the 💓🥰

@eshoe they were both so very awesome for my skin!!

E is for Elmolu, energizing, and elasticity. The Day Nature Mask was very awesome for a morning mask. Was able to leave it on for an extended amount of time and it didn’t dry out on me. And after this mean red blemish was fairly neutralized and well, not red, but still a slight bump. It wasn’t a thick material and at a glance it didn’t look like I was wearing a mask. Of course I have a very fair complexion... but it fit well and didn’t have any bunched up bits. And my evening mask was look at me’s collagen face mask. Isn’t that little cute pig in a bow adorable?!?! The tencel sheet held a lot of serum that my skin loved. Very relaxing... want more. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

@Weetart  Glad these both turned out great for you! I've never heard of the Elmolu mask before, but it's definitely going on my list! 😃

The Elmolu mask sounds nice @Weetart! As does the LookAtMe Tencel mask. 2 great masking experiences - yaaay! 

Another 👍🏼 For the Elmolu, @Weetart @Kim888 yep going on my list!

I love the lookatme masks!! @Weetart 

This whole look at me line is just divine @Weetart , the piggie one included!  He really is so cute. 

v is for volition and e is for elmolu

Spoiler
the volition detox mask is a repeat for me - one of my fave clay masks! I still think the formula changed slightly between my first and second jar but overall it’s a great clay mask for dry skin! 

the Elmolu mask was interesting . I’m not sure what “ac control” is supposed to mean on a mask haha. This was one of those thicker gauzey makes. It was well saturated and had a fresh scent. It had a slight cooling effect when on. After my skin felt hydrated and was non tacky. I would use it again 

2871FDB1-FD60-4B37-8257-08C81B9C4017.jpeg

@Kim888 the volition is one I need to try 🤔

9 Replies
testing