Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

@Samtian oh man!!!

Oh no @Samtian! So sorry this one didnโ€™t work out for you. I wonder if thereโ€™s an ingredient or more than one that your skin is sensitive to. ๐Ÿค” 

@itsfi I know Vitamin C but beyond that I don't know. 

Bummer you couldn't get the scent from this one @Samtian .  If memory serves I only get a faint scent from it.  I'll have to try it again soon to make sure my memory is intact. 

Aw, I'm sorry this ended up being disappointing for you, @Samtian. I hope your redness faded quickly!

@quspork Thank you, thankfully it did!

@Samtian  Man, it seems like you have the worst luck with masks! Do you have sensitive skin? ๐Ÿค” Glad this one was at least ok for you. I feel like all the Hello Kitty masks are just ok. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป 
Have you tried any sheet masks you like?

@Shosh85 Haha I have been having not the best of luck lately. Oh I've had masks I love. My skin isn't usually so sensitive until the last few months. Tea smelling things always smell good so that made me sad.

Tonightโ€™s masking with Volcanic and Vita:

2C729DDE-2FE9-4CB7-B913-1FA28250F575.jpeg

Spoiler
The innisfree Volcanic Cluster Pack has been on my to-do list for a while now. It is a chalky grey, shiny clay that applies smoothly and seamlessly. No scent that was obvious or worthy of noting.
4A2028F1-A1E4-4A19-96D7-4B3CFD5E828C.jpeg

After leaving it on for nearly 45 minutes, it still had not dried, nor was it tight. After rinsing, my skin felt smooth and refreshed, highly unusual for a clay mask. I can see why this one is a favorite, it will be a repeat for me for one!

The Orjena Moisture Essential Vita Mask showcases โ€˜Cellulose Maskโ€™ at the bottom, which I hadnโ€™t noticed when purchasing. I was pretty elated and opened to inspect it closer. It did not appear to be a biocell mask, although the material conformed similarly well to my skin. It also felt close to one, although definitely not on par with the strict adherence of one. As with the innisfree, I did not detect a scent. It fit well on my face, and I left it on a good 30 minutes before removing. No remaining tack, plumped skin - this was a lovely mask and one I would repurchase in a heartbeat! I have a couple of others from the brand which I am now very excited to try.

Ingredients:
Spoiler
Spoiler
E24A0EA7-3EF4-44BA-807C-B213A90734FE.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Is this the same mask as innisfree Super Volcanic Clusters Pore Clearing Clay Mask ? @eshoe 

Yes. @lmaster, just the baby version ๐Ÿ˜‰

The Innisfree mask is a nice one @eshoe. Good to hear it worked well for you. 

I am (very) late to the game with that one, @itsfi, but happy to have tried it. I believe I have seen it in a pump, so I hope to try that after finishing my Pacifica Charcoal mask.

@eshoe I felt the need to keep repeating to myself... "I don't need more masks right now" while reading your review lol.  What a great set to put together though!

It must be the new thing in masks, @missjeanie. I am using another one tonight that acts like a hybrid. Feels great but the fit is so awful๐Ÿ˜‚

The Innisfree volcanic mask sounds so nice, @eshoe. I love seeing clay masks that don't overly dry the skin. 

Me too, @quspork. They are few and far between. I tend to forget I am wearing a wash-off unless it becomes uncomfortable. I prefer to wear a mask that way so itโ€™s an added bonus:)

@eshoe  Happy to hear you enjoyed both of these! I have wanted to try that Innisfree mask for awhile now, because of all the positive reviews - it definitely sounds great!

Itโ€™s one of the better truly clay masks Iโ€™ve used, @Shosh85. Zero drying down was exceptional for me. I think there are a couple (at least two?) versions of this mask, need to research but I would like to try the other one as well.

I did intend to check my pores for any actual โ€˜actionโ€™  i.e. clearing but was sidetracked with the sheet mask texture. I have another use in the pack I received and will make a mental note to report on that as well.

E is for Erno Laszlo (forgot to take a picture, so I borrowed one from the internet ๐Ÿ˜‰)

FE12A237-0FB6-4BD6-9432-CED542CEE937.jpeg

Spoiler

Erno Laszlo Firm & Lift Firmarine Lift Face Mask

This mask comes with two packets - one with liquid and the other with powder. It had a sort of minty scent that I think smelled very similar to the mouthwash I use. I dumped both packets into a bowl and stirred until thoroughly mixed. It turned into a very messy and goopy consistency, which made it challenging to spread evenly on my face, and was constantly trying to droop off. It took less than 10 minutes for it to set up and had a nice, light cooling sensation while it was on that felt pretty refreshing. I was able to remove it in one piece and there were only a few little bits from the edges of the mask that were left behind, but was easy to clean up just rubbing my finger on it a bit. My face looked brighter, felt so soft and smooth and had some bounciness to it. My skin did feel just a tiny bit on the dry side, but for me it's to be expected with these kind of masks.

This has great results and is a fun one to do if you're in the mood for the extra work that's involved. ๐Ÿ˜‰I'd definitely use again but probably not repurchase, especially for full price, just because slapping a sheet mask on is much easier ๐Ÿ˜‚

Ingredients:

Spoiler
88D322B0-E134-4183-B552-AC772361A9B2.jpeg

My face:

Spoiler
D28A247B-4CA6-4993-8FDF-BAFFACA3ABE7.jpeg

Yep @Shosh85 I'm too much of a procrastinator for this mask ๐Ÿคฃ

testing