Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

@itsfi the experience is worth the price ๐Ÿ˜† usually

I just ordered one. Ugh. The smell is going to be a killer for me too. 

@Danielle103 I'd love to know what you think of these masks, we can compare scents โ˜บ๏ธ

Too bad only the one was a good one for you @lmaster .  Good on you for giving it a fair shot after a nasty scent though!

It literally reminded me of the smell of a poorly kept pond @missjeanie 

@lmaster  Aww, dang. Sorry to hear this one didn't turn out so well! A bad scent and unimpressive results definitely sound like a fail to me. ๐Ÿ˜•

@Shosh85 ughhhhhh major fail ๐Ÿ˜’

@lmaster  Ewwww. Do you like the smell of aloe? Seems so weird it wouldn't smell like that.

I never had an issue with aloe @PrettyPaint but this is not what I have experienced aloe smelling like ๐Ÿ˜†

Major shame on the scent for this one, @lmaster. Too bad it didn't work out!

@quspork at times I can let a scent go, but the overall claims were not even met here ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

Same, @lmaster - for totally wowing results, I can look the other way on a less than desirable scent, but if the mask doesn't perform that well, then it just gets added to the list of reasons to not repurchase haha. 

image.jpg

โ€ƒ

image.jpg

โ€ƒ

image.jpg

โ€ƒ

F is for Frost! Nabbed this sucker from the motm. Like I saw and and grabbed it as if I was fighting over who would get it first. I have a soft spot for anything Sanrio and so many of cremes Hello Kitty masks are enjoyable. This was very relaxing, I used the eye flaps, my eyes are like WAY strained from staring at the computer all day. And come on, look how adorable Hello Kitty is being Santa. ๐Ÿ˜ it did sting on two spots that had sensitive skin. So I wiped the serum off and put little cotton pad buffers on those little spots. Smelled refreshing and worked awesome after I made my little cotton blockers. 

@Weetart, very nice call on the cotton blockers! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ There were a lot of good masks in The Creme Shop x Hello Kitty collaboration and this one was one I really enjoyed! Happy to hear itโ€™s one you liked as well. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Super cute mask @Weetart !

@Weetart  Awww I love Sanrio too. Super cute.

So cute, @Weetart! Glad you were able to find a workaround for the sensitive areas. 

@Weetart these are so cute!! I wonder if they will have more holiday masks this year ๐Ÿค”

@Weetart  Love the packaging on these! Glad to hear the cotton blockers helped make it a more enjoyable experience! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

So cute, @Weetart!

I don't think I I posted this one yet for F week, though I used it early on in the week and am just going by memory. This brand was new to me, but it's the Beauugreen Firming Collagen Mask. I thought the fit was quite good, and I found it to be moisturizing. My skin also felt nice and smooth and possibly even a bit firmer to the touch. But...per the letter F, the fragrance was on the strong side for this one. If you are sensitive at all to fragrances, this one probably wouldn't be for you. There was a bit of a perfume-type scent that was somewhat noticeable the entire wear time.

1.jpg2.jpg

testing