Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

@PrettyPaint, the results from this mask sound good, but Iโ€™m not sure I could handle a perfume scent for the entire wear time, though. ๐Ÿค” 

@itsfi It didn't make me feel sick or anything, but I could do without ๐Ÿ™‚

Sounds like a nice one, @PrettyPaint!

@quspork  I always enjoy a mask that makes my skin feel smoother! 

@PrettyPaint love the packaging

It is pretty cool! @lmaster 

@PrettyPaint  it's too bad about the fragrance, but at least you got some nice results out of it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85  Yeah, it definitely wasn't unbearable, but it seemed to smell a bit too much like perfume.

Couple of masks to update on.  I have been seriously slacking on my two-a-day skincare workouts.  My willpower to followthrough is lacking.  Gotta redouble efforts!

Spoiler
I 100% copied this mask session from @itsfi earlier in the week.  I honestly didn't think that I had any quickie masks until I saw her post.  
The SC Spirulina mask is one that I enjoy each time I remember to pull it out.  It goes on easily with what I assume are bits of spirulina that give some physical exfoliation in the stick.  The exfoliation actually feels lovely while rubbing the stick on, I'm a gal who enjoys physical exfoliation on any day.  The mask left a thin layer on my face, which was nice, since I tend to over apply a lot of clay masks.  Having the stick form to apply really makes it clean and easy.  I have a tendency to have a few little blackheads at times on my chin, nose, and between my brows.  They're super tiny and can usually be removed quite easily with some light exfoliation, and this morning I had a few of them, but the blue smurf mask (in my head this is a smurf mask) took care of them easily.  The directions say to use for 5 minutes but I left it on for more like 10.  I normally do wash offs right before I shower to facilitate easy, mess free removal, but today I washed off in a sink.  This mask was so easy to remove.  I didn't need a washcloth or makeup eraser at all, it came off with just my hands and some cool water.  I really enjoy this mask.  Why they didn't take off more I'm not sure.  I'm hoping they were only pulled for a 'clean' makeover of some sort.  This was the only version that I purchased, but if they popped up again on the site I'd get the rest.  I do have a stick mask from milk makeup, and honestly, I just prefer the SC.  
The SC Spirulina sheet mask was sent to me from Team Bic earlier this year.  I really enjoy the scent to this mask.  It reminds me of the ocean, a little salty, seaweed like, and it brings me back to the days of sailing without a care in the world.  I'll buy this again just for the scent and memory.  This is a eucalyptus fibre mask, I'm not exactly sure what makes eucalyptus a good mask material but it works.  I left it on for about 20 minutes despite the 5 minutes in the directions and it stayed nicely saturated.  This mask is meant to help fight pollution.  Does it do that? Who knows.  It's a lovely masks that gave me the same bit of bounce, glow and hydration that most sheet masks impart so I'm not holding any anti-pollution claims to it. Over all a nice mask that I'll enjoy again mostly due to the scent and the memories it brings. 

IMG_8365.jpg

Spoiler
These are my FU masks... I bought a mixed pack of these masks when I first got into sheet masking a couple years ago and the first one I tried was such a disappointment that they sat in my collection for some time collecting dust. When I saw the U&F week I knew it was time to declutter masks that were in my FU mindset.  After having used both of these... I can confirm they do belong in this category.  The scent is basic skincare scent.  There's no extra serum in the packet, but that's not something that bothers me (sometimes I think too much serum is just a waste, like cut down the serum volume and charge us less?).  The mask material seemed saturated enough, without being overdone, and the mask seemed to be an okay size, with slits around the exterior and eye flaps.  The mask however didn't adhere well to my skin at all.  It started to pop off my chin within a minute and was off the bottom half of my face within three.  I had taken it off after 5, which I guess makes them quickie masks after all since it was falling off and just in the way of life at this point.  I noticed zero difference between these masks and have one left that I'll do shortly.  I strongly suspect there'll be no difference in that one either.  There was no difference in my skin from before and after the mask, possibly due to the lack of time it was on my face. Overall these are major fail masks for me.  I'm glad to have them done and gone.  

EBC91DA1-3C48-40AA-AD4A-81F4EE0A0CA1.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Yaay for the spirulina mask duo @missjeanie! Isnโ€™t it a great combo? ๐Ÿ˜ 

Iโ€™m impressed that you are even working towards on a two-a-day program. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Completely feel ya on the willpower, especially this time of the year. Even though sheet masks work beautifully for giving my dehydrated - dry skin an extra dose of needed hydration during the colder months, itโ€™s been hard at times to get in a sheet mask these days, and Iโ€™m working my way through a daily sheet mask pack, which, if you think about it, should make it easier to mask since it takes the guess work out of which mask to use. ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜” 

P.S. The FU theme!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ I used to see that brand a lot at TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners. Good thing I noticed them after I had picked up a pack (maybe more than one ๐Ÿ˜†) of other masks. Good news is that you are done with them and that means less mask in the mask stash. Better yet, less underperforming masks in that collection! 

@itsfi lol... Those dang FU masks... I'm so happy they're gone.  I have so many masks that are lovely that you're right... I do not need those in my collection!

I've been doing the two a day masking still, but it's mostly a wash off in the morning while I make a coffee to have in the shower (my need for caffeine really should be studied... do other people have iced coffee in the shower ever morning?? lol), then post shower I do an under eye mask.  My sheet mask is done after work in the evening.  I'd like to do more sheet masks on days where I'm working at home... but I've fallen off that a bit.  Gotta get back on it!!

You'd think a daily mask pack would make it easier... but it also doesn't give variety so there's not a ton of excitement to try something new either... I think the points negate each other!

Iced coffee in the shower in the morning @missjeanie? This has me laughing so hard right now. ๐Ÿ˜‚ But also curious. Thatโ€™s some multi-tasking right there! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

No kidding @itsfi ! Itโ€™s my morning routine. Iโ€™m not big on hot coffee, but I have a shelf in my shower where my iced coffee goes. I still remember an ex thinking I was nuts after asking why I kept moving his shampoo. My morning mason jar needed that shelf! Lol 

I knew guys (and letโ€™s face it, I did it too) in college who would have shower beers while they were getting ready for a night out. I just adapted the concept to suit my old age lol๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I'm going to have to remember that @missjeanie! ๐Ÿ—’ I have a bathroom and kitchen remodel planned for either late next year or the year after and I like the idea of your iced coffee shelf. ๐Ÿ˜  As for your ex, he shouldn't have put his shampoo where it didn't belong. Just sayin'! ๐Ÿคฃ 

@missjeanie oh my gosh!!! I've been in that same mindset since October ๐Ÿ˜ฃ I can't stand cold weather,,, I say FU to winter ๐Ÿ˜† I literally don't even like to walk around because I get so ๐Ÿฅถ!!

I'm with you on winter @lmaster ... I think I'm destined to live in a tropical climate lol

@missjeanie it's just so gloomy,,, today it's gray and raining.... Crazy how weather can determine my mood ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

@missjeanie  The Spirulina masks definitely sound like a great combo! Bonus points for turning you into a Smurf! ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Shosh85 The smurf factor really is a highlight! lol

@missjeanie  That spirulina stick mask is really nice. I keep checking the sale section to see if it pops up again. 

U is for Ultra royal glow queen mask. F1E3387B-A678-4536-9B13-C6F8E5DB77C5.jpeg

I really enjoyed this mask. It had a lovely honey scent. The fit was great and it was drenched in serum. The directions said to leave it on for 10 to 20 minutes but I left it on for 30 and there was still plenty of serum to massage in. It absorbed quickly and wasnโ€™t tacky. My face definitely looked glowy. I would definitely use this one again. A+ Thank you @itsfi for sending me this one!

1 Reply
testing