Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

@itsfi Ahahaha the blackberry review. I love it.

I didnโ€™t want the blackberries to feel left out @Samtian! ๐Ÿ˜†  They were as much a part of the masking experience as the mask itself. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@itsfi  I saw this mask on Amazon and almost bought it (along with the avocado version), but I couldn't find the full ingredients list so I resisted. I was also a bit skeptical because I didn't see it listed at Innerest's site (they do have the clay masks listed there); I wondered if these 2 sheet masks were brand new releases or old/one-off release masks. Hmm... can you post the full ingredients, even if it's just a screenshot of the back of the sleeve in Korean? (I can get it translated.) 

I'm still waiting for Farm Skin to release a watermelon sheet mask. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@WinglessOne, I wholeheartedly second a watermelon sheet mask!! ๐Ÿ˜ It would be a perfect addition to their salad line. Please, oh please, be listening, Farm Skin! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hereโ€™s a pic of the inci list from the back of the packaging. I wasnโ€™t able to find it online. Let me know if you have a hard time reading it; I can type it out this weekend.

Farm Skin Biocellulose Inci.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Thank you @itsfi ! ๐Ÿ™‚ Whew, you just saved me some money: I see lavender, my face's arch nemesis. That makes this mask a hard pass for me. Too bad, because there's lots of truly beneficial stuff in the ingredients list. But I'm glad it worked well for you! 

Now I wonder what's in the avocado version. I know it contains rosewater, something my face is not a fan of. Hmm... asking Google again... oh wow, now I see both these masks at Farmskin's site (not Innerest) and I can't do the avocado one either, thanks to lemon fruit extract. Otherwise, the avocado mask looks really nice. The rosewater comes from rosa centifolia, not damascus rose: the former is far less irritating to my face than the latter. And there's niacinamide, peach extract, adenosine, Farmskin's usual ferment, pomegranate extract, rooibos tea extract, and of course avocado oil... man, if it weren't for that dang lemon extract, I'd absolutely buy this mask to try. If you try it, I hope you like it! 

In case anyone's curious about the avocado version's ingredients: 

Spoiler
EB287B11-8361-4F70-9170-433AC703E626.jpeg

@WinglessOne, youโ€™re welcome. Itโ€™s really good you know what ingredients will not work for your skin. Yes, saves money but also saves you from having a bad reaction. 

This was an interesting read, @itsfi. I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve ever considered the generational aspect of biocell masks. It appears they allow for superior absorption, and then I found this from lemasque:

โ€œA bio cellulose sheet mask goes even further. Bio cellulose can retain 100 times its dry weight in fluid โ€“ and after a 20-minute application, the bio cellulose fabric loses less than 10% of its fluid (water and serum). After 1st generation cream masks and 2nd generation paper-sheet mask,  bio-cellulose is the 3rd generation mask. The bio-cellulose sheets are 100% natural; they are made through  biotechnological fermentation of coconut water.โ€

So Iโ€™m curious where hydro gels stand๐Ÿค” 

Will need to test this out, blackberries are a sweet little guilt-free treat;)

Thatโ€™s good info @eshoe. If I were to hazard a guess, Iโ€™d say hydrogels are either part of the 3rd generation along with bio-cellulose masks or perhaps they are 4th. Thatโ€™s just a  guess though. Yes to the absorption power of biocellulose masks. I was always amazed by how my skin looked and felt so hydrated by it after a professional peel.

@itsfi  Yum! A fruity biocellulose mask with great results sounds perfect! (Those blackberries look pretty perfect too!๐Ÿ˜‹) Farmskin really makes some great masks! I'm planning on picking up the Fresh Food Salad line, so I'll definitely have to pick up this and the avocado ones when I do!

@Shosh85, looking forward to get your thoughts on Farm Skin's bio-cellulose sheet mask line. They also have clay masks that you mix yourself. 

Farm skin clay mask.jpg

The plan is put this to use this weekend. ๐Ÿค” Nothing has gone quite according to my masking plans the last couple of weeks so we shall see. ๐Ÿคฃ It does look interesting. 

@itsfi  I have seen these - they look fun! l

I'll definitely be interested to hear your thoughts on it! 

At first glance I thought you were showing me ice cream and the cravings instantly started flowing in ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿฆ @missjeanie 

Oh, I could go for some ice cream ๐Ÿจ @Shosh85! ๐Ÿ˜‹ Iโ€™m just not sure Iโ€™m motivated to crawl out from under the warm covers right now to get some. ๐Ÿค” I suppose ice cream for breakfast tomorrow isnโ€™t a good idea. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I know better at my age but that doesnโ€™t mean I wonโ€™t think about it. ๐Ÿคช

@itsfi  Honestly, I could eat ice cream any time of day....... just as long as I'm right next to a heater ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿฅถ @missjeanie 

@Shosh85@missjeanie, fine. You've both convinced me. ๐Ÿคฃ Now the only thing left to decide is which flavor to pick up or have delivered . . . 

• Brookies 'n cream - yep, that's not a typo! Chocolate brownies + gooey chocolate chip cookies + vanilla bean ice cream
  • Salted Caramel
  • Honey Fig & Cardamom with Toasted Walnut (special for the month)

Some decisions are so hard. As with most things, I *need* them to have a mini sampler set. (Talk about first world problems here, @missjeanie!)

Dang @itsfi These all sound amazing... but I think today I'd go for the special.  Just because it may not be there next time.  But I certainly wouldn't fault any other choice.  I'm an equal opportunity ice cream lover. lol

"I'm an equal opportunity ice cream lover." As we all should be @missjeanie

I think I may need to pick up more than one pint. Yep, that sounds like a good idea.

I was actually wondering why not just get all three @itsfi ?  I mean... don't want any flavour to feel left out lol

@missjeanie, I think this sums it up best . . . 

convince.gif

@itsfi  Mmmm, Brookies 'n' Cream sounds delicious! Tomorrow is my son's birthday and I'm totally looking forward to the ice cream cake! ๐Ÿ˜‹

Ohhh, ice cream cake!!! ๐Ÿจ๐ŸŽ‚ The best of both worlds! Yum!!! ๐Ÿ˜‹ Yeah, I'm leaning towards that brookies 'n cream. Happy early birthday to your son @Shosh85๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ

birthday party gif.gif

@itsfi  Thank you so much! What's funny is that the ice cream cake is just for my husband and I! Haha! Because of my son's autism/sensory issues there's not a lot he'll tolerate eating. Growing up, it was a tradition for my husband to get an ice cream on his birthdays, so we're trying to carry out the tradition for the boys, whether they eat it or not!

1 Reply
testing