Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

@Shosh85, โ€œbulbousโ€ is a great descriptor for the cap! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ The scent was suuuuper subtle, along the lines of the skin on grapes ๐Ÿ‡, maybe. Itโ€™s not a full on sweet, grape scent at all, and is very fleeting. I was trying to see if I could pick up an apple ๐ŸŽ scent, but nope.

I like the idea of the cap.๐Ÿค” I always have a hard time using hair masks because I would want to use it in the shower....may have to use just a regular cap dedicated to my hair masks. Have to admit, feel a bit dumb not thinking of it before๐Ÿคฆ @itsfi happy to hear about the good results though. And grapes are delicious! Would've happened at my house too๐Ÿ‡

@sonnydee, I highly recommend having a shower cap just for hair masks. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ  It took me a while to think of it but it really comes in handy. It doesnโ€™t have to be a fancy one either. I use the plastic ones that I can just rinse out after using a mask. The complementary shower caps that are in hotels work too.

Ohhhh good idea about the plastic hotels ones. I do have the cheap ones lying around since teeni likes having her hair colored crazy. @itsfi I don't know bout you but I take everything from hotels when I stay. Within reason of course๐Ÿ˜‰ but I did go to HS with a girl when we were at state competition, fell head over heels with the down comforter & she took it home with her. ๐Ÿฉ

@sonnydee, I used to take pretty much all the complimentary toiletry items from hotels. I wouldn't use the shampoo/conditioner or lotion during my stay (unless I forgot to bring my own and there wasn't a drugstore nearby or the hotel gift shop was closed), particularly when my stay at the hotel was work-related and I was there with other coworkers - my not using these items was because I didn't want to smell like everyone else. Hahaha! I know, I know - who thinks like that?! Well, clearly younger me did! LOL. Truth be told, I probably still feel the same way. Ha! In the last 5 or 6 years though, I've become very selective of which of the toiletries I take, in large part because I had accumulated so many DS and foils that I wanted to use up. I will take the mini sewing kit (comes in handy) and the shower cap; and, if there was a product or brand I liked. 

Hubs usually use them when he goes out of town. @itsfi it saves him from having to use mine. ๐Ÿ˜‰

hahaha gif.gif

Oh my goodness! My tummy and cheeks hurt from laughing @sonnydee! I'm still laughing. It's too much!

She took the comforter?!!! Noooooo!!! I'm assuming they charged her for it, yes?

I have no idea. It was our senior year, 3 months away from graduation. But we were there for school -public high school -so whoever reserved/paid for the rooms. But yeah she rolled it up and stuffed it in her pillowcase I think? walked out with it. @itsfi 

F is for factor and foam! This mask really did have a foam like texture that adhered well to my face. Not much excess serum. Not surprised because of the material. It was hydrating and had a pleasant fresh scent. Good one. And yes, I have difficulties posting images when I use the Sephora app. 

B36691C0-7718-428B-BAEC-FD571ED29908.jpeg

โ€ƒ

8166621B-9CA2-4CDD-845F-62708561006C.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Weetart ohhhh I have tried a couple from this brand,, but not this one!! Love foam!!

oh a foam mask sounds like fun @Weetart . I seem to have so many issues on the app too.  I keep deleting and reinstalling thinking I'll like it better. 

@Weetart  Foam masks are fun and this one definitely sounds nice! Glad you enjoyed it! 

Okay I ordered masks from Missha that day brought up  the sale and they arrived already! @lmaster 

image.jpg

โ€ƒ

The tomato and broccoli masks are lovely, and so soft @Weetart!!!

What an awesome haul @Weetart !

I see snail sheet masks! ๐ŸŒ And, honey ones as well! ๐Ÿฏ  *squee ๐Ÿ˜

I spy a lot of other fun masks too! Nice selection @Weetart! Happy masking!

@Weetart  Oooh fun! Love mask hauls! ๐Ÿ˜ I just recently bought the two blue and purple masks (on top) as well and I'm excited to try them! Hope you enjoy them all!

looks like a great variety @Weetart 

Can't wait for you to try them all @Weetart!

@Weetart Oooh how fun!

Oh oh oh!!! @Weetart ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™Œ

testing