Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

@Weetart  Oooh fun! Love mask hauls! ๐Ÿ˜ I just recently bought the two blue and purple masks (on top) as well and I'm excited to try them! Hope you enjoy them all!

looks like a great variety @Weetart 

Can't wait for you to try them all @Weetart!

@Weetart Oooh how fun!

Oh oh oh!!! @Weetart ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™Œ

@lmaster I was shocked at how fast they arrived! Fastest delivery from them ever. 

F is for Firms. Iโ€™m stretching it for this one. I had a sample of Purlisseโ€™s Watermelon Energizing Marshmallow Peel Off Mask. โ€œPurifies pores, brightens skin, visibly forms and tightenโ€. If you love watermelon products and havenโ€™t tried any of Purlisseโ€™s watermelon line. I strongly suggest it. Super yummy. Their moisturizer is great! But this mask, itโ€™s a decent light peel off, of that makes any sense. I would say itโ€™s perfect for those who find the more grippy peel offs too intense. Iโ€™m more of a super grippy peel off mask person. But my face was soft and brighter after using this. The smell is amazing. I have no idea about the marshmallow part of the name. Absolutely no clue. Itโ€™s worth trying and I recommend to those looking for more delicate peel off mask. 

F94A94B8-B186-405C-963F-19AEA2229043.jpeg

โ€ƒ

E155D357-E160-45F9-8972-7E4ADE84A383.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Weetart  you had me at watermelon!

I have not tried the sheet mask! Didn't even know they had one.... I'll have to look into it. @itsfi @Shosh85 

The Purlisse watermelon sheet mask is a love for me @Weetart; I'll have to look into this one. ๐Ÿ‰

@Weetart  I haven't tried this one, but I do love the sheet mask! I wonder if they have the same scent, because the sheet mask smelled delicious too! ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ‰ Glad you've been enjoying it! 

@Weetart same @eshoe ever since I used that lace peel off mask,,, I've been done with those kinds,,, but this one sounds better!

โ€˜Peel-offโ€™ always scares me, @Weetart - but you say this is a gentle one? Iโ€™ve tried the cleanser from this line and agree with you in the scent. I will keep my eye out for this one, might be fun to try:)

U is for unforgettable and F is for Fabulous

IMG_20201117_205112011.jpg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
This mask is a gel/ hydrogel that fit excellent, I did have the chin area popping up about 5 minutes after applying, not a deal breaker. The gel sheet has what I am considering faux hemp leaves imbedded in the gel,,, wish I would of taken a picture ๐Ÿคฆ you couldn't feel them. There was a bit of extra serum, I'm pretty sure it had a greenish tint to it. The scent was not what I expected, but in a good way!! It smelled fresh/ clean. Wear time was 20 minutes, after removing I applied the extra serum from the packet on to my face as well, it just smelled so good!! This mask claims to mattify and I could see that, it is hard to describe the results, I more so felt like it was balancing, a bit hydrating, maybe even purifying. All I know is my skin felt outstanding!! No lasting tackiness either,,, this will be a repurchase A+

Whoa that's a rave review @lmaster! I'm curious if it smells similar to the Hemp wipes. I received those in gratis and it just isn't a scent for me.

@ShortErica I have not smelled the wipes, it was a very pleasant scent in the mask ๐Ÿคท

Wow @lmaster, your results from this 

mask sounds wonderful. I also like that it has a fresh / clean scent to it. With the original line, I didnโ€™t have much luck with the masks in the square packaging and have only tried one from the new clean line. I may give this hemp one a try at some point though. 

You definitely should! @itsfi I think you will like the material and it offers so much for your skin

*adding it to the list. @lmaster-approved masks go a long way in my book! ๐Ÿ˜

Oh interesting about the leaves and I need to know more about the scent, @lmaster. I imagine it as patchouli๐Ÿค” It sounds like a ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ all around!

@eshoe it was an unexpected scent and I love it!! Makes the mask that much better, because I'm not a fan of patchouli

testing