Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

That's an awesome tradition @Shosh85๐Ÿ˜ Also, very good of you and your husband to be willing to eat the ice cream cake. That's sacrifice! Hahaha! Now, onto the important question . . . what flavor ice cream cake?

@itsfi @Shosh85 Ice cream for breakfast is totally acceptable because of your age!  You're an adult... you can have ice cream for breakfast and not make it a daily occurrence.  Live it up fellow BIC enthusiasts!!!  Butter Pecan for breakfast up here in Canada today!! 

"You're an adult...you can have ice cream for breakfast and not make it a daily occurrence." I feel like you have more faith in my maturity than I do, @missjeanie๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Hahaha!!  @itsfi I mean.... gotta enjoy life right?

@missjeanie  Bahaha! I like your thinking! ๐Ÿ˜‚

this looks super interesting @itsfi !  And now I'm moving from berries to guac with my cravings... ahhhh the masking thread where all I want to do is eat lol

@missjeanie, we may be sharing the same brain today!! I literally just texted my SIL that chips and guacamole sound really good right now. ๐Ÿ˜‹ 

64F7D38F-A83E-46CD-8FD0-BAC287F2227D.png

Hahaha! Yeah, sorry about that. Food and masking are two of my loves! โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜โ™ฅ๏ธ

@itsfi I swear chips and guac could be a daily staple for me if I allowed it.  Might need to make another batch again today now that I saw that picture lol. It's been so sad the last months as my favourite Tex-Mex restaurant is on the US side of the border.  Total first world problems, but I've seen them online cutting back hours and now they're back to a curbside only for the time being... I have to think that part of it is that I'm not there twice a week anymore. 

Yes @missjeanie! I will join you in chips and guacamole as a daily staple!!! That's fantastic that you went twice per week! Years ago, I went to a Tex-Mex place with co-workers probably once per month and I would always just eat chips, salsa and guacamole and pretty much whatever I ordered for my meal would end up being my dinner that evening or lunch the next day. It got to the point where a couple of the servers would just bring me my own basket of chips and just automatically pack whatever I ordered in a "to go" box or bowl. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ Priorities, missjeanie; priorities!!! 

Exactly @itsfi !  The little place here is right down the street from where my ex used to live so we'd be there all the time.  I swear chips and guac or queso were as much a staple for me as water. 

Ohhh!!! Queso!!! With fresh tortilla! Nom, nom, nom! Excellent choices @missjeanie!

@itsfi !! You FYI had me! My thought through readying your whole review centrรฉd around wondering what kind of berries I should get with my groceries! I love that both the berries and the mask were a hit.

Ahhh @missjeanie, thank you!!! I'm glad you get me. I couldn't help but include the FYI. I couldn't let the blackberries feel left out of the review. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ It worked out well that my face and tummy were happy with the blackberry theme! ๐Ÿ˜†  Did you end up getting blackberries or another type of berry at the grocery store? 

@itsfi I went for Raspberries and Strawberries! They were broken into right as soon as I got them home!

Solid choices @missjeanie. I love berries! ๐Ÿ’–

Ohhh those berries look plump and juicy!! @itsfi love your review,, sounds like a nice mask

@lmaster, I love blackberries and it was fun to be able to pair it with a good mask! ๐Ÿ˜

So long story, I bought a bite holiday kit for holiday 2017. I enjoyed the lip mask, was okay with the lip balm but was not a fan of the scrub. So I was excited for holiday 2018 with the 3 mini lip masks. Then something odd happened, my lips were irritated and cracking. I suspected the bite lip mask formula (old) was causing me problems which was so odd because I loved it. I took a break and let my lips heal and started using Laneige. I preferred bite's lasting power. I decided to give my two unopened as stocking stuffers but kept the one I opened to try again. Florida finally had some cool days and I was excited to use the bite mask (maple). After night 1 I didnt notice anything. Then today after a 2nd night wearing it, the borders of my lip feel sore and irritated. And now I've noticed the center of my top lip is getting cracks. I'm tempted to keep it for one last test but should really just declutter now. Anyway I'm looking for help determining the cause. I read a lot about allergies to lanolin but I have other products with that as an ingredient and never have issues with them. Help maskers! Any advice is appreciated.

@ShortErica  Sounds like you've already decided to toss it, which is a good idea. ๐Ÿ™‚ Bad reactions to products don't always happen immediately, or even with 48 hours. It can take weeks, months, or even years for skin to finally shout "I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE" and throw a tantrum over a product you thought was working well. Happened to me with lavender and other essential oils/high-fragrance-component ingredients. (Glaring at you, Origins Checks & Balances face wash.) That's because skin's sometimes quite good at hiding damage. 

I don't know what the old Bite balm/mask was made of, but the irritation culprit could be any ingredient. Lanolin's certainly a prime suspect, since several people are sensitive to it. If the mask contains any essential oils, they could also be cause for irritation. But really, folks can develop sensitivity to anything. 

Thanks for all the info @WinglessOne. Hopefully if I have a reaction to something else I will just toss it out vs making myself a science experiment.

@ShortErica I was going to suggest concentration but it appears @missjeanie @has already covered that. Have you tried any of the reformulated versions? I havenโ€™t but I am wondering if they would be a better match for your skin since they are now vegan.

4 Replies
testing