Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Itโ€™s May, Hurray! ๐ŸŒธ We are almost 1/2-way through this yearโ€™s challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Mask with a Partner! @Alphaboo gives us this weekโ€™s fun challenge: Letโ€™s make an excuse to mask togetherโ˜บ๏ธ

Letter of the Week:  T

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

Nice lineup here!! Love the Annie's way!! @missjeanie 

@lmaster  Iโ€™ll keep happily using the Annieโ€™s way for the yummy scents alone! They totally make the experience for me! 

Yeah, the no thinking masks are moving up my personal rank @missjeanie. I still want to be cautious of 10 packs but it's great to discover our preferences with all this masking. Great job on your 2 a days!

Right @ShortErica I'm hoping no one takes my 'no thinking masks' as a bad thing.  I see them as an easy option when I look at a totally overwhelming collection where I know I'll be happy. 

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

G for Gold

Fit?Ok,normal extra in the chin

Smell?roses. I think it stayed the whole time

Consistency?clear,almost gel like but absorbed every thing without tack. No extra in pouch but mask was nicely saturated enough to be able to use on your neck & have some to rub on your hands

Ease of use?no issues

Would I  purchase/try again? I enjoyed this mask. I forgot to look in the mirror last night after removing but looked at it when i woke up & my skin looked good, mattified, like I had a filter on my face but not sure if that was this mask or the new moisturizer I tested. ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน

1115202014.jpg

โ€ƒ

Rose and gold @sonnydee sounds like my kind of mask ๐Ÿ˜‰

@sonnydee, I like that TCS is creating new masks in their fusion line, as itโ€™s the line I find I consistently like the most from the brand. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ This one sounds good, and it has be curious whether it was the mask or moisturizer (or combination of the two) that left a mattifying effect. ๐Ÿค” 

Hmmmm I curious about the new moisturizer @sonnydee ๐Ÿค”

Fenty new overnight @eshoe 

1027201218.jpg

โ€ƒ

Havenโ€™t tried any of her skincare products yet, @sonnydee...love the gloss though!

@sonnydee I am always astounded by the number of different variations creme shop has! Glad this one worked well for you!

There has been a few- I mean few, like 2, that have been meh....๐Ÿ˜‘ for me @Kim888 but they were not part of the fusion line. Love it! @Shosh85 

@sonnydee  This one sounds nice! The Fusion line is definitely my favorite from The Creme Shop! ๐ŸŒน

An "H" mask from last week, for hydration

Merbliss Intense Hydration mask.jpg

Much has been written on the masking thread about Merbliss Wedding Dress Intense Hydration Mask so I will try to keep this post deep-and-brief. ๐Ÿ™‚ As someone with dehydrated skin year-round, the promise of "intense hydration" is always so attractive. However, since my skin also wavers between combination (oily T-zone, dry-ish elsewhere) to dry, there are times when I need to be more mindful of how much hydration certain parts of my face receive as it may be too much. It's a delicate balancing act. ๐Ÿ˜‰ That being said, while a mask like this is definitely a "go to" for me most days, it is a welcome treat in the cooler months.

Spoiler
In a NutshellMerbliss Wedding Dress Intense Hydration Mask is a light, soft, extra thin and transparent cellulose fiber mask that while leaning on the larger side overall, wears comfortably as it lovingly wraps the face in a gentle embrace, allowing the hydrating and anti-aging/antioxidant properties of the three different forms of hyaluronic acid, peptides and various botanical extracts contained in the clear, slightly runny, thin, watery and subtly floral-scented essence to absorb more deeply, leaving skin instantly (and as claimed, intensely) hydrated, super soft and smooth, with a dewy, fresh-faced glow. 

What I Liked: The second-skin feel and performance of this mask, along with the results were excellent. The ingredients list is amazing, too. A very luxurious mask, indeed! โค๏ธ

Area(s) For Improvement: To be nitpicky, added fragrance. It's in the middle of the ingredients list too, or at least, it is on the ingredients list on the back of my mask. I've seen a few online retailers that list the fragrance in this mask as the last ingredient, which is odd given the inci list on the reverse side of the packaging has it a lot higher up. In any event, there's probably not a lot of fragrance volume-wise. Also, I wouldn't mind in the least if this mask (and the aloe one in the collection) were made available as part of a daily sheet mask pack. Or, if the essence / serum were available separately for purchase.

Would I Repurchase?: Absolutely. โค๏ธ

What a great mask @itsfi , I've often thought about how nice it would be to buy just the serum from some masks.  While I have no business buying a 7 day pack (at least for a few years) I do understand the draw!

BTW.... gorgeous ring!

Yeah @missjeanie, there are quite a few things I have no business buying . . . or even thinking about buying for that matter, so I hear that! ๐Ÿ˜‚ The Merbliss sheet masks are quite nice and they do have some skincare, but I'll be good and not add anything new to the Merbliss goodies I already have. Well, for now, at least. ๐Ÿ˜‰

@itsfi  I don't think I've ever heard anything negative about a Merbliss mask! So happy to hear this one works great for you! The only Merbliss mask I've tried is the Nurse Healing one and I loved it, so I definitely would like to try more from the brand! What others have you tried?

@Shosh85, the Nurse Healing one is a good one too. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ My favorite from the brand so far is another one from the Wedding Dress range - the aloe honey soothing version. Iโ€™m excited to give the other ones from the range a try. 

@itsfi  I'm not surprised the aloe/honey is your favorite! That is one that's on the tippy top of my list! I have a feeling it'd be my favorite too. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I haven't been to TJ Maxx/ Marshall's since February, so my mask buying has definitely gone way down. 

@Shosh85, itโ€™s nice that our mask stashes are whittling down, isnโ€™t it? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I know @sonnydee has found these and other Merbliss masks at her local TJM/Marshalls. I have a few of these that donโ€™t expire for a while and thatโ€™s good for me, but the Merbliss ones and the aloe honey in particular are definitely ones that I would consider making staples and repurchases in my mask collection when itโ€™s time to replenish the supply. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

All the ones-merbliss- I have been finding at TJ/M have exp dates in 2023. ๐Ÿค— @itsfi 

1 Reply
Photos1,726
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg