Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

Interesting @Kim888 thanks for including this! Maybe outside the challenge but so within our interests.

@Kim888 Thanks for the reviews! What is the vanishing cream supposed to do? Also how did you use the lotion to remove mascara?

@Samtian @The vanishing cream says itโ€™s a moisturizing primer thats supposed to give skins. Mattifying look and apparently help with fine lines over time. I feel like thatโ€™s a big ask haha

@Kim888 Yeah it is, but sounds nice!

@Kim888  Thanks for the tag and info!  My samples just came today so I'm especially glad to see this.  I'll take it easy with the day cream. ๐Ÿ™‚

@Ispend2much6 great - I'll be interested to hear your thoughts as well!

Oooh thank you so much for the review on these, @Kim888! I was very curious. I love the Glossier Rich Moisturizing Primer, so that one sounds especially intriguing.

Super interesting @Kim888 , Thanks for the reviews.  I really like the sound of the cold cream.  It just sounds like a vintage product, perfect for their aesthetic.  I always think of my grandmother using cold cream when I was little, but I've never tried it myself.  It feels like a very classy product that I might need to try out!

@Kim888 thanks for the tag!! Love to read your thoughts on these

And tonights 

G for Glamglow ๐Ÿ˜ & to hopefully remove some Gross Goo from my nose

Glamglow is a love & a HG. I love it, it works for me. 

The other set...๐Ÿ˜‘ I had high hopes for it,would use again if I got it for free..maybe. But in its defense, my blackheads on my nose are small & stubborn. It came with a mask & a chin piece. You remove before it dries, I think I had it on my nose for about 20 min & it was still pretty wet. It doesn't stick,it just lays there. And the chin part does move. It's not uncomfortable but I didnt see anything I needed to swab away with the stick. So no for repurchase. It doesnt irritate your skin though so ๐Ÿ–ค

1115202023_HDR.jpg

โ€ƒ

Sorry it was a dud!! @sonnydee 

@sonnydee, too bad the nose strip didnโ€™t work out. I find that the Biore ones are the best for my nose, in general and the original is still tops. Gotta love the GlamGlow SuperMud! A tried and true favorite! โ™ฅ๏ธ

@sonnydee   Well it's too bad the blackhead strips didn't work out so well, but at least you can always count on SuperMud! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Yup, I multi masked at the same time that night. @Shosh85 Supermud was on my jaw line - & the strips were in my nose & chin. The kids looked at me weird that night๐Ÿค—

Your getting gross goo off your nose cracked me up, @sonnydee. At least you didnโ€™t have a bad reaction from these!

True @eshoe really no reaction except for a shiny nose today. 

Interesting set for the chin and nose @sonnydee , I've never seen them where you pull it off before it dries.  

@missjeanie smh my first thought was go for peace out but then these popped out when I went to get out PO., ๐Ÿ˜ฃ oh well, at least I know that these are pretty much a waste of money & time. But they are out of my stash!

Funny enough I did one today that was a rub off @sonnydee .  I was less than enthused with the experience.  But now that you mention it... I think I know how I'm going to tackle this weeks theme!

Happy to help @missjeanie ๐Ÿค—

G for Gold

Fit?Ok,normal extra in the chin

Smell?roses. I think it stayed the whole time

Consistency?clear,almost gel like but absorbed every thing without tack. No extra in pouch but mask was nicely saturated enough to be able to use on your neck & have some to rub on your hands

Ease of use?no issues

Would I  purchase/try again? I enjoyed this mask. I forgot to look in the mirror last night after removing but looked at it when i woke up & my skin looked good, mattified, like I had a filter on my face but not sure if that was this mask or the new moisturizer I tested. ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน

1115202014.jpg

โ€ƒ

1 Reply
testing