Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 Mask of the Week Challenge 😌💖

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar that give your skin the perfect AM glow! Another nod to @keana1 for this week’s challenge🙌🏼

Letter of the Week:  M

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@eshoe your masking session reads like a dream, can you rewrite 2020 for us? 😂 But seriously, those masks sound awesome!

@ShortErica if only ☺️

I just noticed you can see the mask in the Ingredient photo; the yellow shows through the packaging. It’s great but something in the future I would use for a special occasion as I’m pretty frugal when it comes to masks. $6 for a single use, I just don’t know...

Yep, that's definitely spendy @eshoe

Love those thin hydrogel masks @eshoe 

This was the thinnest, @lmaster! I wish they were less, I cringe at spending more than a few $ on a mask🤨

@eshoe  I've never heard of Whamisa

but this mask sounds wonderful! I'll have to add this to my list - do you remember where you bought it?

I think you would really like this one, @Shosh85. I found it on iHerb, they have the other two I mentioned as well. They carry a variety of k-beauty masks & other products, and ship fast!

@eshoe  Good to know! I'm pretty sure I've bought something from that site before 🤔😂

The Whamisa mask sounds really lovely, @eshoe!

It really was, @quspork. I’ve been interested in calming/soothing masks more recently, and this one fit the bill nicely 👍🏼

I had a hard time coming up with a "gross mask," but I really wanted to contribute. I don't personally find this gross because I like kimchi, but I could see how it may not seem that appealing (as well as the imagery on front)

Anyhow, I used Yadah's Daily Vegi Kimchi Mask. The advertised key ingredient is Bacillus/Cabbage Leaf Ferment Extract Filtrate. Don't worry - it definitely didn't smell like fermented cabbage. The smell was very light and pleasant, and I couldn't detect a kimchi smell. It fit my face quite well, which is always a pro. In terms of effects, it was very refreshing, comfortable to wear, and hydrating. I would definitely repurchase this one.

1.jpg2.jpg

lol @PrettyPaint I saw the photo and thought it was a bacon mask with a veggie name.  I'm not a huge kimchi fan myself but it sure sounds better than the bacon mask I was envisioning!  I'll have to keep an eye out for this one, it actually sounds quite lovely. 

@missjeanie  Oh my goodness! Haha. Could you imagine a bacon mask? I think my entire face would break out if it contained bacon grease.

Some masks you want it to smell like the name and others not so much. Glad this one worked out so nicely @PrettyPaint!

@ShortErica Totally true! 🙂 I do wonder if there are any masks that actually have a savory food smell!

@PrettyPaint this one sounds awesome!! Glad it didn't smell like cabbage!! 😆

@lmaster  I really liked it! 🙂 And yes, I'm definitely glad it didn't smell like spicy cabbage. I definitely don't do well with gross smells.

@PrettyPaint  Hmm, I don't think I've seen this one before. The ingredients look solid to me, except for orange peel listed among the ferments... I wonder if my skin could still handle it, though. I might have to look for one of these to try! Bonus points for not smelling like kimchi. I mean, I like tasting kimchi but wouldn't want my face to smell like it. 😂 I'm glad this mask worked well for you! 

@WinglessOne  Thanks so much! Oh yikes, I didn't notice the orange peel in the ingredients. I know you definitely have some trouble with the citrus skincare. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like a sheet mask would be a very easy product to do a patch test with!

@PrettyPaint  To patch test a sheet mask, I usually apply some of the serum to one or two of my usual patch test areas and then put the opened sleeve (with mask still inside) in a zip-top plastic bag. If the serum passes the test within 1-2 hours, I'll use the sheet on my face. Ideally I'd wait 24-72 hours for results but I don't like leaving mask sleeves open that long, even if sealed in a plastic bag—which is kinda funny, considering how much I do trust LuLuLun's resealable multi-sheet pouches. Anyway, it's easy to patch test a sheet mask, though the test is shorter than usual. ) 

@WinglessOne  Oh, so you do test sheet masks? That's smart. I should probably start doing that because I'm afraid one of these days I'm going to have a disaster. I hadn't thought to wait just two hours or so, but I think I usually can tell if my skin is going to react to something pretty quickly.

1 Reply