Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

1113202020.jpg

โ€ƒG for Green tea

Fit?one of the better fitting CS masks. Almost perfect

Smell?maybe like a sweet green tea? It was pleasant to me & I don't like green tea so i think if it was a true GT scent....i would not have lasted long at all๐Ÿคง

Consistency?almost soapy, you heard & saw lil bubbles when you moved the mask or pouch around. The serum was clear & the mask was saturated nicely, but no extra in the pouch 

Ease of use?no issues. I think I wore this about 30 min. I took it off when it started drying out. 

Would I  purchase/try again? Absolutely! I even checked to see if I had more. ๐Ÿ˜ณ I don't. ๐Ÿ˜žEverything soaked in almost immediately without tack. My skin looked matte aka good! But was still soft. ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š really enjoyed this freebie from a CS order. 

I wonder if the bubbles are form the glycerin @sonnydee (if that ingredient is in it). Nice freebie! Iโ€™ve yet to order direct form them, nice they threw in a little freebie for you๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜Š

They throw in about 2-3 free masks with your order @eshoe just some that are about to expire. Not going to complain, I'll take free masks. Will check ingredients, im so bad about taking pics of those๐Ÿ˜ฃ

You have the best collection of these fusion masks @sonnydee so many I've never seen before

Thanks @lmaster I do love the fusion line! ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š

@sonnydee Happy to hear this turned out nice for you!  It's been awhile since I've tried this one, but I remember really liking it too!

I think they discontinued this one ๐Ÿ˜ฅ@Shosh85 they dont have it on their site. 

@sonnydee Well, I wouldn't be surprised. ๐Ÿ˜• It seems like all the good stuff gets discontinued. ๐Ÿ‘Ž

Glossy and Glossier masking for last night:

5545BE07-B1DE-4EE0-825D-621779AC0727.jpeg

Spoiler
The Nuori Supreme Moisture Mask is a repeat, and a current go-to for masking I donโ€™t have to think about; I can forget Iโ€™m wearing it. It absorbs completely after around 25 minutes, but I still rinse my face before moving in to a sheet mask. I applied a little of the Glossier balm dotcom, which seems more like an all-purpose deep conditioning salve than a lil gloss to me. It is very similar (though slightly thicker) than the Innisfree balms in consistency, for reference.

The Whamisa Organic Seeds Hydro Gel mask is one Iโ€™ve been eyeing for awhile, so I was very excited to try it. 

This was easily the thinnest hydrogel Iโ€™ve ever tried, tucked inside a single protective layer. The pale translucent citrine-hued mask has a faint, soft scent of marigolds, lightly herbaceous and gently similar to Kiehlโ€™s Calendula toner. The fit was near perfect, and for a hydrogel, adhered exceptionally well. It wore more like a biocellulose, in fact. I left it on for at least a half an hour; both parts! Usually the bottom half is removed after a few minutes out of frustration. Not the case with this one. After removing, zero tackiness. My skin looked fresh and slightly plumped. There are a couple of other masks in this line that I hope to try; organic fruits and organic flowers. This is a definite repurchase!

Ingredients:
Spoiler
8EEE6BFB-8B99-49F4-8454-EC41FC1868DF.jpeg

@eshoe what a lovely masking session!  Everything looks like it all came together for a wonderful session. 

I would like to pick up more of this mask, but unless they go on sale, will limit myself to trying the other versions for now @missjeanie. Itโ€™s unfortunate because it was so good, my skin looooved it!

@eshoe your masking session reads like a dream, can you rewrite 2020 for us? ๐Ÿ˜‚ But seriously, those masks sound awesome!

@ShortErica if only โ˜บ๏ธ

I just noticed you can see the mask in the Ingredient photo; the yellow shows through the packaging. Itโ€™s great but something in the future I would use for a special occasion as Iโ€™m pretty frugal when it comes to masks. $6 for a single use, I just donโ€™t know...

Yep, that's definitely spendy @eshoe

Love those thin hydrogel masks @eshoe 

This was the thinnest, @lmaster! I wish they were less, I cringe at spending more than a few $ on a mask๐Ÿคจ

@eshoe  I've never heard of Whamisa

but this mask sounds wonderful! I'll have to add this to my list - do you remember where you bought it?

I think you would really like this one, @Shosh85. I found it on iHerb, they have the other two I mentioned as well. They carry a variety of k-beauty masks & other products, and ship fast!

@eshoe  Good to know! I'm pretty sure I've bought something from that site before ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜‚

The Whamisa mask sounds really lovely, @eshoe!

It really was, @quspork. Iโ€™ve been interested in calming/soothing masks more recently, and this one fit the bill nicely ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

1 Reply
testing