Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a 💰mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@sonnydee I am always astounded by the number of different variations creme shop has! Glad this one worked well for you!

There has been a few- I mean few, like 2, that have been meh....😑 for me @Kim888 but they were not part of the fusion line. Love it! @Shosh85 

@sonnydee  This one sounds nice! The Fusion line is definitely my favorite from The Creme Shop! 🌹

So excited to do the theme - Gross/Odd/Unusual Ingredients! Last time I was busy playing the expiration game but this time it's spirulina and snail and donkey, oh my!

Thanks to @quspork for the donkey and Leaders snail! I used the donkey one first

20201110_132901.jpg20201110_132908.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20201110_134340.jpg
The scent was not something I expected and very interesting - almost like a hot cinnamon candy scent. The serum was creamy lotion-like but most stuck in the package vs on the mask. Because of that, the mask wasn't moist enough to stick on face. Solution: cut open and apply serum on mask to make it wet and stick to my face. I also put some on my neck. I wore it 20 minutes. Due to my uneven excess application, some areas of face had serum remaining. I massaged it in and my face felt soft and moisturized. I had no tack. After I applied eye cream but not moisturizer and my face felt nice. I think the scent and needing to transfer the serum onto the mask make the experience a B+ but I'd be up for doing a donkey mask again. My skin was definitely moisturized and I liked the serum, just wish more of it was on the mask to begin with.

Next is Leader snail. You really can tell the difference between the lines. Insolution is superior to the Mediu line I picked up at TJ Maxx/Marshalls

20201111_091258.jpg20201111_091304.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20201111_092830.jpg
This had a mostly plain scent on the mask itself but floral notes when smelling package. It was dripping out of the package so I tried to apply it quickly. It had a good fit, just some slight smooshing by the chin. I wore it 20 minutes then put it on my neck. It left a slight tack. The tack remained at least 10 minutes but didn't touch face for a while (hour) and it was gone then. So somewhere in between it disappeared which is good. My face looked even and nice. The nice fit, mild scent masks are the ones I tend to enjoy most. I wish I felt to see how long the tack really lasted. A-

Next was spirulina from @lmaster - definitely not something I've run across before

20201112_201711.jpg20201112_201718.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20201112_202124.jpg
I peaked at @Shosh85's review. I wanted to not be biased but I was too curious. It had a very good fit for me. I think I got more floral + grassy. I wore it 30 minutes then accidentally 20 min on neck. My skin felt hydrated but intense is a stretch for its claims. I'd say I enjoyed it because I didn't notice the scent during wear but it was strong in the package. Nothing to run out and buy but I'd use one again. B+

I tend to buy 10 packs and then not try them until later on, you know, too many masks problems. I figured it was a good time to throw in the Yadah Royal Snail I bought not too long ago

20201113_202110.jpg20201113_202120.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20201113_203358.jpg
So I have enjoyed most things Yadah (except you nose strip!), though not all may be my preference but I can appreciate them. When I saw this in the store similar to the Collagen, Aloe, and Rose I was like okay, break the no buy, this should be good. Collagen was my favorite, aloe was fine, and I'm not big on rose but I liked it well enough. So going in my expectations were high.

So talk about disappointment when the smell out of the package was herbal/medicinal with floral. Luckily it didn't linger during wear/I had to search for it when the mask was on to notice it. The mask did have a good fit but touched my hairline lightly by ears. There were a few folds around chin. There was a generous amount of extra serum I used the next day on face and entire top half of body. I think the fit is just like the others so the scent and the lack of helping wrinkles was a let down. My guess is collagen is still my favorite followed by aloe then not sure between rose and this one - I will showdown in the future. B+ and I'll use the pack (doing the showdown will help with motivation) but will not repurchase.

I took another snail out of a Masks on the Move box. I am familiar with the Frudia blueberry, grape, etc. line but this one was intriguing with its different style

20201115_130711.jpg20201115_130717.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20201115_131944.jpg
It was a very plain scent with the package having a tiny bit of floral. This had a similar good fit to the Yadah, and touched my hairline slightly by the ears. I wore it 20 minutes then on my neck. There was a slight tack. My skin looked fine and I used moisturizer. I did get pilling after applying moisturizer so not sure if I didn't let serum absorb enough. I don't know that I'd seek this out but I would use it again. Points for good fit and mild scent so I'm leaning A-.

Glad you were able to try them, @ShortErica! I do agree with you about wishing more of the serum was on the actual mask with the Elizavecca one. That seems to happen (for me at least) with some of the thicker cream serums. 

@quspork I'd say I've only tried a handful of masks with thicker serum. Good to know it's typical. It has been so fun trying so many different masks this year thanks to all my sweet BIC friends. 😊

Nice mix of masks, @ShortErica@quspork sent me that mask last year and I can almost guarantee that had it been labeled anything other than ‘Donkey Steam’ I probably would have left it on more than a few minutes😂 My stomach is just not that strong. The serum was fantastic, though. 

HAHA, @eshoe! It can be hard to get over some of the more squeamish ingredients! 

You have helped ease my fears a little bit, @quspork 😉

Yes, the creamy lotion serums are very nice @eshoe. Next time have you daughter open the mask so you dont know what it is 😂

She would probably pick that one out because it looks interesting @ShortErica. She is not squeamish at ALL😆

excellent theming @ShortErica .  I didn't even realize there was a Yadah snail in that line.  I used the snail one from Frudia the other day and remember thinking that it was good, but not amazing.  I wonder if I'm getting a lot harder to impress with sheet masks lately?  A lot of them fall into the 'fine' category, but aren't anything wowing like this one. 

Agree @missjeanie. There are so many where it is an enjoyable masking session and the mask was nice and I'd use again but don't feel motivated that I need to buy it. That's probably a good thing since I went wild last year.

Great reviews and I love the masks you used for theme @ShortErica 

Thanks @lmaster!

@ShortErica  Looks like a nice round of masks! 

I really love the masks with milky/creamy serum and the Donkey Steam mask is one I've always wanted to try! I'm super intrigued by your description of the scent - I think I'm even more interested in trying it now 😃🤔

I plan to do a showdown between those 3 Yadah too! I think I remember liking the Aloe the most, but it would be good to refresh my memory. 😉 I was so excited when I saw that Yadah Royal Snail mask, but that scent is kind of a bummer. I definitely would be more excited and motivated to buy it if you had said it smelled like honey! 

I know I can be picky about scents like I don't like tea tree at all so maybe someone else would appreciate it @Shosh85. I was hoping for honey with whatever snail is (usually I feel they do some floral fragrance with it). Now I want to compare them for results. I've been not analyzing my before and after faces as much as I used to.

And yeah, I was so not expecting that scent for the donkey one. I'll be interested in what you think.

Missha Real Solution Tencel Sheet mask featuring Glutathione that claims “Pure Whitening.” Hard to tell about the brighter skin claim, other parts of my routine already successfully have been handling that. But it felt nice. Soooo much serum, enough for tattoos etc. It suggested 10-20 minutes. Can certainly stay on longer. But I was in a rush. I recommend. Left my skin soaked and the tackiness when away with a little pat pat here and there. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ooooh, a Tencel fiber sheet mask @Weetart? It sounds wonderful. 😁 I used a daily sheet mask pack that had hyaluronic acid and glutathione as the key ingredients and really liked it. *adding this one to my list of masks to try. 

@itsfi Yup yup! It's a great one and great ingredient combo for sure. So, did you include that daily sheet mask pack on the thread? There are so many posts I miss quite a few. I've been using the Murad Age spot remover to even out the skin tone at a faster rate... working like a charm. so I've been really careful mask wise. Buuuut. That sounds like something I'd be way into after I'm done with it.

@Weetart, I used that particular daily sheet mask pack a year ago - A'Pieu Hyaluthione Soonsoo Daily Sheet. It looks like it's out of stock in most places but you can sign up for notification of any restock at sokoglam (dot) com. At the time, I didn't know what "hyaluthione" meant but now I know if it's a combination of the ingredients hyaluronic acid and glutathione. Good grief! I was slow on the uptake with that one! 😆 

apieu hyalutione.PNG

1 Reply
testing