Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a 💰mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@Shosh85 yaaas on the banana!

Placenta for gross week....... but it really isn't that gross, since it's just soybean placenta- it just sounds gross. ETA: oops, the last placenta mask I used had soybean placenta (soybean phytoplacenta extract) so I just assumed this one was the same - but this one has "hydrolyzed placental extract," which I guess comes from some kind of actual placenta? 🤔😳
A6C1F868-C0B5-4441-B32E-6586DB3BA829.jpeg

Spoiler

Mediheal Placenta Revital Essential Mask Ex

This is a thin cotton sheet mask that soaking in a silky serum and had a light floral scent that wasn't too noticeable while the mask was on. I kept it on for about 25 minutes. When I removed it I pressed in the remaining serum that felt slightly tacky, but it all absorbed in a couple minutes. My face looked brighter and felt a little plumped and moisturized.

This was great mask, with some great results. I'm not so sure I'd pay retail for this one, but I'd definitely repurchase at a good discount or if spotted at TJ Maxx/Marshall's.

Ingredients:

Spoiler
A7BD9FA2-97C5-4A93-887A-0ABADD65662B.jpeg

Okay so as a soybean placenta mask I was just meh on it, but now that it's actual placenta and therefore the gross factor has been upped... I'm waaaayyy more interested to try it @Shosh85 !

@missjeanie  Haha! Right!? Definitely makes it more exciting! 😃

Interesting it’s a new type of placenta! I could swear we debated this before @Shosh85 @lmaster @ShortErica . Wasn’t the soybean belly button a topic of discussion 🤔

A51E3B3C-555E-4F9D-A6C6-EBF58B96FE7E.jpeg

@eshoe  I remember the belly button discussion 😂 this diagram looks like a lady dancing/leaping in the air to me. 😉

Ha it does, @Shosh85! I just envisioned something much cuter out there to post, but this was the best I could come up with;)

That's actually a really cute diagram @eshoe awwwww look at the baby bean 😆

It cracks me up, @lmaster  🌱 

@eshoe I remember hearing about soybean placenta but not animal derived in masks. Thanks for the diagram

Yes I remember 🤞🏼 that the mask I tried was plant-based, @ShortErica. There’s only so much I am willing to try for my skin!

@Shosh85 I looked it up, and I'm getting that it is an animal derived ingredient,,, wonder which animal.. interesting for sure

@lmaster  Right? It sounds like it comes from pigs?👇🤔

0B8CFE11-5D87-481D-9A07-663632BA8023.jpeg

@Shosh85 wow that's one I've not seen before!!

Hmm..yeah, I'd be curious what kind of placenta @Shosh85. Wouldn't stop me from trying though. 😂 Yay for good results!

@ShortErica The Tony Moly mask I used recently had soybean placenta and for some reason I just assumed that's what this was too.  Everything I've read online so far about "hydrolyzed placental extract" says it's from kind of actual placenta. 🧐 (I'll have to keep reading more into that)

It definitely seems like the most unique/weirdest ingredients give the best results!

1113202020.jpg

 G for Green tea

Fit?one of the better fitting CS masks. Almost perfect

Smell?maybe like a sweet green tea? It was pleasant to me & I don't like green tea so i think if it was a true GT scent....i would not have lasted long at all🤧

Consistency?almost soapy, you heard & saw lil bubbles when you moved the mask or pouch around. The serum was clear & the mask was saturated nicely, but no extra in the pouch 

Ease of use?no issues. I think I wore this about 30 min. I took it off when it started drying out. 

Would I  purchase/try again? Absolutely! I even checked to see if I had more. 😳 I don't. 😞Everything soaked in almost immediately without tack. My skin looked matte aka good! But was still soft. 💚💚💚💚💚 really enjoyed this freebie from a CS order. 

I wonder if the bubbles are form the glycerin @sonnydee (if that ingredient is in it). Nice freebie! I’ve yet to order direct form them, nice they threw in a little freebie for you👍🏼😊

They throw in about 2-3 free masks with your order @eshoe just some that are about to expire. Not going to complain, I'll take free masks. Will check ingredients, im so bad about taking pics of those😣

You have the best collection of these fusion masks @sonnydee so many I've never seen before

Thanks @lmaster I do love the fusion line! 💚💚💚💚

6 Replies
testing