Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

Agree @missjeanie! ๐Ÿ˜ There are some masks that I wonder how they can keep the essence from dripping everywhere, especially those masks that lean on the thin to ultra thin side. I mean, I love that combination but I'm always curious how they do it! 

I agree @itsfi with @Shosh85 the serum in this mask sounds very nice!

The serum is great @lmaster! ๐Ÿ˜ Definitely one that is very well suited for anyone with dry or dehydrated skin or anyone struggling with dryness this time of the year! 

@itsfi  Oooh, I love the milky masks and this one definitely sounds great! 
I tried to do a quick little search, but couldn't figure out what "black" is referring to - I did see other masks (non-goat related ๐Ÿ˜‰) that said "black" as well and also others that said, "prime," "clear," "rose," and "rice." ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป If you figure out what it means, let me know! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, the serum in this mask is very nice, consistency and formula-wise. Yeah, the "black" in the name is stumping me. ๐Ÿค” I may pull some of the other JMsolution masks I have and do some more sleuthing over the holiday weekend next week. Will definitely keep you posted if I find out. 

@itsfi  My first thought was that it has something to do with the ingredients, but that wouldn't explain the ones that say, "prime" or "clear." I wonder if it has something to do with how their lines are categorized- black line, prime line, clear line, etc. ๐Ÿค”

@Shosh85, I think you are into something with it being how their lines are categorized. ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ Good thinking. ๐Ÿง I went onto the companyโ€™s website the other day to see if I could find out info about lines but didnโ€™t get very far. To be continued...

This evening I went for both the ick and G. Lookatmeโ€™s best friend Snail and Green Tea. I donโ€™t know anyone that doesnโ€™t like these masks. It claims to be rejuvenating and firming. I agree . Snail mucin has done wonders for my sensitive aging skin. Love it. Tons of serum my face soaked up, very delicate green tea scent. Tattoos got the extra serum . I wish Iโ€™d find 10 packs of these at TJmaxx

image.jpg

โ€ƒ

image.jpg

โ€ƒ

Ahhhh!!! Snail and green tea!! ๐Ÿ˜ @Weetart, those are two ingredients that work well separately; love that h the combo of the two are just as good! โ™ฅ๏ธ

favourite for sure @Weetart !

@Weetart yep this one is a favorite for me ๐Ÿ˜†

@Weetart  I think out of the 7 I've tried, this pleas one of my favorites!.... but I agree, they are all pretty nice ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I have this one I still have to try @Weetart. The watermelon was really nice but I thought the aloe was just meh. 10 packs at TJ Maxx are so awesome at those prices!

@ShortErica I absolutely never find them at TJMaxx, I think I have someone else in the same area who as is much of a fiend as me and beats me to it.... I need to ask the staff about their stocking date and time.

I'd accuse @sonnydee but I don't think you live in the same place @Weetart ๐Ÿ˜‚

CB3F0E2D-CF2D-4AAE-9E80-8A5B36791249.jpeg

โ€ƒ

T is for thyme. (Itโ€™s an ingredient waaay down the list) After a driving all yesterday i woke up with puffy under eye bags. Moments like this definitely qualify for taking out a Skyn Iceland hydro cool firming eye gels. Oooh they feel way better. I love how they donโ€™t slip and have that foam consistency. Always need a pack of these on hand. skyn ICELAND Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels 8 x 0.11 oz/ 3.2 g pairs of eye gels 

There are good masks for when you canโ€™t sit still, @Weetart ๐Ÿ˜‚ Love how well they adhere to your skin!

@Weetart  Love these! Glad to hear you feel the same! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Really enjoy the Skyn and got them for 50% at Ulta but keep forgetting to use them. Thanks for the reminder @Weetart!

@Weetart  These are quite nice. Fortunately I seem to get a lot of them in ulta gifts! 

Same @PrettyPaint ! And they are 50% off at Ulta all the time. So one way or another there are a handful in my eye mask coffer. 

testing