Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

๐Ÿคท still Tylenol grape chewables to me @lmaster ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

@sonnydee  Yummy! I just wish they made minis of them more available! It has taken me SOO looong to finish the FS berry I have! I do really want to try this and the lemon one though! ๐Ÿ˜‹ ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿ‹

Agreed I would rather have minis too @Shosh85 this & the lemon are the only full size i own...i do wish they will add even more flavors too. Pineapple, orange. I like options๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‰

@sonnydee  Mmm, I wouldn't mind peach too ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‹

Wednesdays masking

D32D1E5D-5296-405F-92C7-97207D0E3AD0.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
So I started off this morning using the farmskin kale mask.  Guys... I think Kale is disgusting.  This qualifies as a mask of the week for me lol.  All that said, this mask had no real scent to it, and had the same mask texture and fit as the other farmskin masks, it had a lot of serum soaked into the fabric and fit nicely.  I keept it on for 20 minutes while I got my coffee ready and convinced myself that I did indeed need to go to work (I'm not much for mornings).  After removal I'll honestly tell you my skin just looked like it always does after a face mask, a bit more hydrated, a bit more bouncy, but nothing crazy out the ordinary wowing.  Now... After having my skincare and make up on for about 13 hours I have to say my skin looked great!  Was it the skincare I put over it, the foundation I picked today, or the morning mask? Who knows but I liked it.  I'm going to do the same skincare and foundation tomorrow and see if a completely unscientific experiment will prove kale a new love for me.  

When I finally removed my makeup (I was honestly sad no one was seeing me up close and I had to take it off, it looked that good) I went in with the Beauty Diary's Hyaluronic Aid Ultra Moisturizing Mask.  I think I convinced myself this qualified as a G mask since there were gems on the front package.  I picked this knowing I'd be using a drying treatment serum tonight so I wanted to give my skin a pre-treatment boost.  The scent on this was super light and clean.  The material is a bit more paper like than the mornings farmskin, but it had pre cut slits that worked well enough that I didn't bother snipping the bridge of the nose. My skin felt really nicely hydrated after 20 minutes and the extra serum massaged in quickly with no real tackiness to speak of. Mid summer I could probably get away without a moisturizer after this one.  This time of year, I'll still need one for my dry skin. I have a couple more of these and I wouldn't shy away from trying out others from the line at some point. 

You don't like kale @missjeanie?!!! I don't have it nearly as often as I used to - a few years ago, kale was the main veggie in my life. ๐Ÿคฃ It, along with spinach, served as the main ingredient in my morning green smoothies. I'd have it in salads and even made kale chips and kale pesto. It was bit much, I admit. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I feel like I have this Farmskin mask in my stash; will have to look for it and try it out as a morning mask, before my makeup. 

@itsfi I just can't do it.  I mean if it's mixed into something I'll eat it, but I'm not the one ordering a kale salad. lol. I think I've always found it a bit too substantial for my liking I prefer a more generic romaine or spinach for my green salads and banana's and berries for my smoothies. I'm totally not the best at adulting with my foods.  Cookies deserve to be a breakfast food dang it! lol I'm trying to be better the last few years, and generally I do much more balance than at once point, when a loaf of bread and cheese was a full meal, but I just can't do some of the super healthy stuffs yet.  

I actually was reminded how much I do enjoy the farmskin masks last week.  I'm on a bit of my own 'theme' this week but I'll be happy to use up the ones I do still have in my stash!  The kale was for sure the surprise of the bunch.  

I used kale in a vegetable soup and enjoyed it @missjeanie but don't think I've had it any other way. I need to use the rest of the bag. How have you had it? I doubt I would like it raw. Anyway, glad the kale mask was a winner!

@ShortErica I've had it in salads and as 'chips'.  Neither impressed me.  I'm going to chalk it up to just not being my thing.  We can't like it all right?  That said, I'd try another mask or skincare with the ingredient. 

@missjeanie laughing because I LOVE kale, however in mask form, it never fails to disappoint ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Well @eshoe  I've tried to love it, I really have, but I just can't get there.  I love salads, I grow lettuces all summer, but I just can't do it with kale.  I did do my unscientific experiment and have determined that my skincare makeup combo just works well for me.  I'm back to hating on kale since it wasn't my skincare dream ingredient lol

@missjeanie  Haha. I absolutely love kale. Especially the curly kind - I'll eat a whole salad of it. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@PrettyPaint do you have a secret recipe?  I swear I want to like it, I know it's good for me... but dang it I just can't get there... chips, salads, smoothies I'm maybe just not a kale gal?

@missjeanie  It must just be a tastebud thing. That being said, I find fresh kale from the farmerโ€™s market to be so much better than what is found in the grocery store. 

@missjeanie  Hmmm..... I'll be interested to hear if you get the same results from repeating the skin care/foundation combo! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85  I tried the same thing today without using a mask of any kind this morning (ya girl hit snooze one too many times).  It turns out I can keep hating on kale.... the volition strawberry serum, mushroom serum, milk moisturizer and sheseido sunscreen with the Nars sheer glow, Dior concealer and MUFE powder were apparently the right combo I've been looking for.  Dang it really is wearing well today too.  I'm going to see how long I can keep it on for tonight and return the kale chips from my online grocery cart back to the virtual shelves. 

@missjeanie  Oooh, that does sound like a nice combination - though, I was really hoping the Kale was a contributing factor! Haha!๐Ÿ˜‚

Horse fat for gross week ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿด

F19B03FF-9F9E-42F9-93BD-25AA02F10C8E.jpeg

Spoiler

Mediheal Horse Oil Proatin Mask

This is a medium thickness cotton sheet mask that was saturated with a white, creamy and milky serum. It had both mouth and eye flaps. The scent was pretty pleasant- sort of fresh & clean with a little floral. The fit was ok - a little too long at the chin and not quite wide enough by the ears. It was comfortable to wear, though the extra length at the chin needed some occasional re-patting. I left it on for about a half hour. After removing the mask, I pressed in the leftover serum and it had a tacky feel that lasted about 15 minutes. My face felt great - refreshed, plumped, moisturized, hydrated and had a nice glow.

I really enjoyed this one! Besides the horse fat (6th ingredient) it also has several other ingredients I love as well. Unfortunately it has fragrance halfway down which isn't a deal breaker for me, just something I try to avoid when I can.

I definitely wouldn't hesitate to use again though, especially during the colder months. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

thumbnail.jpg

Ahhhh @Shosh85, I remember using a horse fat mask a couple years ago, or maybe it was more than that, and my skin being very happy with me for choosing it. I've come to conclude that if most people find an ingredient 'gross' or not something they'd really be up for trying, most likely, my skin will loooove that ingredient. Oh yes. That seems to be the pattern. 

By the way, I love that the brand wants us to know that this is made "with Jeju" horse oil. ๐Ÿคฃ As opposed to horse oil from another part of South Korea, or anywhere else for that matter. South Korea is on my list of places I'd like to visit and Jeju Island is one of the spots I'd like to go to while there because well, I feel like I need to experience it, what with all the reference to it in sheet masks and skincare products I use and love. ๐Ÿ˜ My list of places to visit consists primarily of skincare places and food. I know, I'm so predictable! Hahaha! There are other cultural hot spots on that list too. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Most definitely gross, @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ˜† But isnโ€™t that how it works...those masks are the ones that do wonders for the skin.

Love this mask, @Shosh85- I don't know what it is about horse oil but my skin just adores it. Glad to hear it was a good one for you too!

2 Replies
testing