Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Itโ€™s May, Hurray! ๐ŸŒธ We are almost 1/2-way through this yearโ€™s challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Masks that Make You Hungry ๐Ÿ˜‹Is it the scent..or the packaging? Which masks make you crave a yummy treat? It is no surprise that this weekโ€™s delicious theme is brought to you by none other than @itsfi! ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿต

Letter of the Week:  U

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

This was the thinnest, @lmaster! I wish they were less, I cringe at spending more than a few $ on a mask๐Ÿคจ

@eshoe  I've never heard of Whamisa

but this mask sounds wonderful! I'll have to add this to my list - do you remember where you bought it?

I think you would really like this one, @Shosh85. I found it on iHerb, they have the other two I mentioned as well. They carry a variety of k-beauty masks & other products, and ship fast!

@eshoe  Good to know! I'm pretty sure I've bought something from that site before ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜‚

The Whamisa mask sounds really lovely, @eshoe!

It really was, @quspork. Iโ€™ve been interested in calming/soothing masks more recently, and this one fit the bill nicely ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Wednesdays masking

D32D1E5D-5296-405F-92C7-97207D0E3AD0.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
So I started off this morning using the farmskin kale mask.  Guys... I think Kale is disgusting.  This qualifies as a mask of the week for me lol.  All that said, this mask had no real scent to it, and had the same mask texture and fit as the other farmskin masks, it had a lot of serum soaked into the fabric and fit nicely.  I keept it on for 20 minutes while I got my coffee ready and convinced myself that I did indeed need to go to work (I'm not much for mornings).  After removal I'll honestly tell you my skin just looked like it always does after a face mask, a bit more hydrated, a bit more bouncy, but nothing crazy out the ordinary wowing.  Now... After having my skincare and make up on for about 13 hours I have to say my skin looked great!  Was it the skincare I put over it, the foundation I picked today, or the morning mask? Who knows but I liked it.  I'm going to do the same skincare and foundation tomorrow and see if a completely unscientific experiment will prove kale a new love for me.  

When I finally removed my makeup (I was honestly sad no one was seeing me up close and I had to take it off, it looked that good) I went in with the Beauty Diary's Hyaluronic Aid Ultra Moisturizing Mask.  I think I convinced myself this qualified as a G mask since there were gems on the front package.  I picked this knowing I'd be using a drying treatment serum tonight so I wanted to give my skin a pre-treatment boost.  The scent on this was super light and clean.  The material is a bit more paper like than the mornings farmskin, but it had pre cut slits that worked well enough that I didn't bother snipping the bridge of the nose. My skin felt really nicely hydrated after 20 minutes and the extra serum massaged in quickly with no real tackiness to speak of. Mid summer I could probably get away without a moisturizer after this one.  This time of year, I'll still need one for my dry skin. I have a couple more of these and I wouldn't shy away from trying out others from the line at some point. 

You don't like kale @missjeanie?!!! I don't have it nearly as often as I used to - a few years ago, kale was the main veggie in my life. ๐Ÿคฃ It, along with spinach, served as the main ingredient in my morning green smoothies. I'd have it in salads and even made kale chips and kale pesto. It was bit much, I admit. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I feel like I have this Farmskin mask in my stash; will have to look for it and try it out as a morning mask, before my makeup. 

@itsfi I just can't do it.  I mean if it's mixed into something I'll eat it, but I'm not the one ordering a kale salad. lol. I think I've always found it a bit too substantial for my liking I prefer a more generic romaine or spinach for my green salads and banana's and berries for my smoothies. I'm totally not the best at adulting with my foods.  Cookies deserve to be a breakfast food dang it! lol I'm trying to be better the last few years, and generally I do much more balance than at once point, when a loaf of bread and cheese was a full meal, but I just can't do some of the super healthy stuffs yet.  

I actually was reminded how much I do enjoy the farmskin masks last week.  I'm on a bit of my own 'theme' this week but I'll be happy to use up the ones I do still have in my stash!  The kale was for sure the surprise of the bunch.  

I used kale in a vegetable soup and enjoyed it @missjeanie but don't think I've had it any other way. I need to use the rest of the bag. How have you had it? I doubt I would like it raw. Anyway, glad the kale mask was a winner!

@ShortErica I've had it in salads and as 'chips'.  Neither impressed me.  I'm going to chalk it up to just not being my thing.  We can't like it all right?  That said, I'd try another mask or skincare with the ingredient. 

@missjeanie laughing because I LOVE kale, however in mask form, it never fails to disappoint ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Well @eshoe  I've tried to love it, I really have, but I just can't get there.  I love salads, I grow lettuces all summer, but I just can't do it with kale.  I did do my unscientific experiment and have determined that my skincare makeup combo just works well for me.  I'm back to hating on kale since it wasn't my skincare dream ingredient lol

@missjeanie  Haha. I absolutely love kale. Especially the curly kind - I'll eat a whole salad of it. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@PrettyPaint do you have a secret recipe?  I swear I want to like it, I know it's good for me... but dang it I just can't get there... chips, salads, smoothies I'm maybe just not a kale gal?

@missjeanie  It must just be a tastebud thing. That being said, I find fresh kale from the farmerโ€™s market to be so much better than what is found in the grocery store. 

@missjeanie  Hmmm..... I'll be interested to hear if you get the same results from repeating the skin care/foundation combo! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85  I tried the same thing today without using a mask of any kind this morning (ya girl hit snooze one too many times).  It turns out I can keep hating on kale.... the volition strawberry serum, mushroom serum, milk moisturizer and sheseido sunscreen with the Nars sheer glow, Dior concealer and MUFE powder were apparently the right combo I've been looking for.  Dang it really is wearing well today too.  I'm going to see how long I can keep it on for tonight and return the kale chips from my online grocery cart back to the virtual shelves. 

@missjeanie  Oooh, that does sound like a nice combination - though, I was really hoping the Kale was a contributing factor! Haha!๐Ÿ˜‚

Salmon egg extract for gross week ๐Ÿ˜‰๐ŸŸ

56A3887B-CE84-4C33-B285-34972AE12C77.jpeg

Spoiler

Foreverskin Salmon Pore Care Mask

This is a medium thickness black cotton sheet mask that was drenched with a super sudsy serum. It had a pleasant scent that smelled mostly sweet/fruity to me, but there may have been just a hint of floral. It had a great fit, just a tad too long at the chin. It adhered well and the soft stretchy cotton was comfortable to wear the half hour I had it on. I pressed in leftover serum that was just very slightly tacky but it all absorbed in less than 10 minutes. My face looked a smidge brighter, and my skin felt hydrated and soft and smooth.

I might not be the best person to put the pore claims to test, since that's not really a problem area for me, but I did love the results I got! This is the second Salmon mask from the line that I've tried so far, and they were both great, though I do think I liked the whitening version a bit more.

The long ingredient list:

Spoiler
07EA9551-AACB-4FD2-9F2D-47CFCBE81D79.jpeg

Hmm..sounds great @Shosh85 but it's good to know you liked the whitening version more.

2 Replies
Photos1,727
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg