Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

Hmmmmm this is a new one, @PrettyPaint and I have to agree, thank goodness it wasnโ€™t authentically scented! Going to have to seek this one out, the brand is generally a good fit and even better results ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

@eshoe  It was a much nicer experience than is probably depicted on the packaging. There is also a kombucha one in this line! 

I think both of them are going on my to-do list, @PrettyPaint. 2021 isnโ€™t too far away, and I would like to go into it a little prepared. Always need a few unusual masks on hand:)

@PrettyPaint  Yeah, I can't say the packaging is too attractive, but it definitely sounds like it turned out great! .... and I'm happy it didn't smell like fermented cabbage ๐Ÿ˜‚

@Shosh85 Yup - I like to eat it, but I don't think I'd want it all over my face (especially in the morning)!

@PrettyPaint, this mask sounds amazing!!! ๐Ÿ˜ I love kimchi! ๐Ÿ’– Interestingly, I'm having kimchi for an afternoon snack right now!!! Nom, nom, nom ๐Ÿ˜‹

kimchi.jpg

@itsfi  Oh yum! That looks really good - and super good for you too! 

S is for Sephora + Spirulina Squared ๐Ÿ˜‰ 
I was going to make a spirulina bowl to include in my pic, but it's just too cold for that, so it'll just be these Sephora Collection spirulina masks.I was going to make a spirulina bowl to include in my pic, but it's just too cold for that, so it'll just be these Sephora Collection spirulina masks.
Spoiler
I'm not certain but I thought I heard / read that the Sephora Collection Mask Stick - Spirulina (Purifying) has been or will be discontinued, which is unfortunate, on the one hand, because they came in handy for travel. Since travel isn't in my line of sight for the near future, not that big of a deal, but I'll be interested to see whether a similar version of these mask sticks will be part of the Sephora clean line in the future. Of the masks sticks in this collection, this is one of the ones I'm partial to. The scrubby granules scattered throughout this cornflower blue tinted mask never seem to transfer onto my skin, but their exfoliating effects are nonetheless gently felt as the stick glides across the face, imparting a very pleasant cooling sensation along the way. 5 minutes is all that is called for but I often lose track of time, which if I leave it on for too much longer than 10 minutes can cause the parts of my face that lean more dry to feel slightly tight. As a result, I typically just apply this mask to the oilier parts of my face and after rinsing off, follow up with a hydrating sheet mask, like the Sephora Collection Clean Face Mask - Spirulina, which claims to be good for hydration and anti-pollution. I'm not convinced that one use will tell how well of an anti-polluaging mask this is, but it feels good, smells pleasant (of what I cannot seem to pinpoint) and hydrates my skin beautifully. Fit-wise, adjustments are needed to the corners of the eyes and mouth and to the length at the chin and jawline. Surprisingly, this mask covered my entire forehead with a little extra material to spare! This is a rarity; and my forehead welcomes it. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

The recommended 5-minute wear time on this sheet mask makes it a nice one for a quick masking sesh, but it seems like a hefty price tag for a just 5 minutes. There's plenty of essence in this mask to last a good 20 minutes on my dehydrated-combo-but-leaning-dry skin, and you could probably have it on longer without fear of it drying out. I left it on for about 20 minutes and was rewarded a fresh-faced glow that comes from hydrated, bouncy, happy skin. This Spirulina varietal, along with the lychee and green tea versions make up my favorite 3 sheet masks from this new clean line. I'll eventually try the other sheet masks from this range that I haven't yet gotten around to, but in the meantime, I'd be happy to repurchase those three mask over and over again. โค๏ธ Huge thank you to @lmaster for recommending I try this spirulina sheet mask. ๐Ÿค—
SEPHORA COLLECTION Mask Stick Spirulina 
SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Face Mask Spirulina 

Ohhhh... I didn't at first glance think I had any quickie masks but I have both of these ones.  I might need to do a copy cat masking @itsfi !  I actually think I bought the SC stick mask twice at your suggestion (yet again I'd forgotten I already had one).  

โ€œyet again Iโ€™d forgotten I already had one.โ€ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ Ohhh @missjeanie, Iโ€™m laughing because I know completely what you mean. Itโ€™s gotten better recently for me - Iโ€™m sure the low / no mask helps ๐Ÿ˜, but there was a stretch where Iโ€™d discover multiples of certain sheet masks in my stash. So many times, too many times really, when I didnโ€™t realize I had purchased the same one(s) again and again ... and it was not because I had purchased a box of them. ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜† 

Oooh, if you do use the masks, Iโ€™d love to hear your thoughts on them. No pressure though; I know there are a lot of masks to get through. So many masks, so little time; and just one face. ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi I just did it earlier yesterday!  I had a MAC eyeliner in my cart ready to go... I already own it.  I've come close on several occasions the last couple of years lol... I'm trying to wait until sales to make purchases and force myself to look through my collection before ordering for a bit.  Hopefully it'll keep too many doubles down.   I think this mask set will be done tomorrow!  I'll tag you for sure. 

@missjeanie, completely understand! For most of this year, I've tried to limit my purchases to ones that I could do with gift cards, rewards points, etc. even if it was on my list of things I planned for. That's worked mainly for a few stores. I've managed to spend less on certain products as a result of some low / no buys during the year, but then again, I've probably spent more on things in certain other categories ๐Ÿคฃ so hopefully it's a wash. ๐Ÿคž Shopping my stash, project pan, etc. have helped with whittling down what I have. 

@itsfi so so happy to see it's a favorite!! I personally love both of these Spirulina masks ๐Ÿ™Œ

These spirulina masks are great @lmaster! Thank you again for sharing your like of the spirulina version of the sheet mask. I wouldnโ€™t have moved to pick it up and use it as soon as I did if it was not for your feedback on it. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

It'll be interesting to see if the stick masks get a new "clean" version in the upcoming months, @itsfi. Glad to hear the spirulina sheet mask performed well! 

Agree @quspork! ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿผ Iโ€™m very interested to see what if anything else will be introduced as part of the Sephora โ€œcleanโ€ line, skincare and makeup wise. Not sure if there are plans to bring back these mask sticks. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ Iโ€™ve heard / read mixed reviews on them; which isnโ€™t necessarily uncommon for any product, but these didnโ€™t seem to have as much traction as I thought they might. 

@TeamBIC, any word (that you can share) on whether these mask sticks will be reformulated and made part of the new โ€œcleanโ€ line? 
@Shosh85 @lmaster 

@itsfi the stick mask sounds similar to the exfoliating balms by Sephora as well. It sounds like a very pretty mask; the Crayola Cornflower crayon is such a soothing hue,  and it was the first thing I thought of when you mentioned the shade:)

2269E7AE-8978-4D50-9502-A03D262904A9.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Good olโ€™ Crayola crayons @eshoe. ๐Ÿ– The primer for most of us when it comes to all the different color variations out there.

I happened to come across this shortly after your post, @itsfi  @tjffc inspired me, from ILNP:

B39F7456-1825-40B0-89A7-DEECBEA74B03.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@itsfi  The Spirulina mask is one of the few "clean" masks I picked up, so I'm super happy to hear you enjoyed it!

It's a bummer the stick is/will be discontinued! It didn't even seem like it was around for too long! ๐Ÿ˜ณ

@Shosh85, I havenโ€™t made my way through all the masks in the clean line yet. I think I will try to get to all of them but Iโ€™m not rushing it. I think maybe thatโ€™s a sign of age? ๐Ÿ˜‚ Iโ€™m finding the longer Iโ€™ve been masking, the more inclined I am to better pace myself with trying all the different masks out there. Donโ€™t get me wrong, Iโ€™m still like โ€œooooh, maaaasks!!!โ€ ๐Ÿ˜ I think Iโ€™m just more content with repeating ones I know work well for my skin and being more deliberate when it comes to picking and choosing what new masks I want to try next. 

17 Replies
testing