Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@quspork  Happy to hear you liked this one too! So far the masks I've tried with horse oil have been really great! Would definitely love to try more ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿด

First reaction: Ewwww thats gross!  but glad it was worth having fat. On. Your. Face. @Shosh85 ๐Ÿด

@sonnydee  Haha! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ I really do love the ingredient! .... it's not like I put straight up fat on my face or anything ๐Ÿ˜‚

@Shosh85 I'm loving the results you got from this one!  I haven't tried horse fat as of yet, but maybe someday!

@missjeanie  I have loved the horse fat masks I've tried so far and would definitely like to try and find more! .... I'll have a nice lil' curated collection of horse fat and salmon egg masks! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

@Shosh85 I feel like I'm supportive of this... but... if you managed to find a salmon egg and horse fat mask all in one... now that I'd be extra excited for!

@Shosh85  Oh my goodness. I haven't tried a horse oil mask before, but I'm glad the scent was pleasant. It sounds like it was really effective in terms of moisturizing! 

@PrettyPaint  I have really loved the horse fat masks I've tried so far! It definitely seems like a great ingredient for dry skin!

Don't know that I have any horse in my stash but definitely worth checking out @Shosh85 from your review.

@ShortErica  I've had great experiences with the ingredient so far! I've only tried 3 masks, but loved them all! It does seem like an ingredient more geared for dry skin, and I do try to save them for the colder months or just when my skin is feeling drier than usual.

Getting back into masking...and of course it was an Oozoo one. I don't like this brand lol. This was hard to get drained out, I couldn't even tell if it had. I ended up opening it and stabbing it with a knife just to make sure. But oh man. This mask had so much serum/cream stuff, I can't think of the word. It was dripping every where at a very fast rate. It even went up my nose!!! And my face looked rather greasy in the morning.

mask ing.jpgmask.jpg

Ohhh @Samtian, I'm so sorry about your experiences with these interactive masks. I have to say that I tend to just take a pair of scissors to many of these types of sheet masks - it's just easier that way, and better for my sanity sometimes. ๐Ÿ˜†

Well after an experience like this, I might have just given up masking altogether @Samtian ๐Ÿ˜‚ So sorry it was a bust, just goes to show one mask does not fit all!

@eshoe Haha it definitely solidified my view of the brand. 

@Samtian Awe man, sorry these are giving you trouble! It's so much easier to just take a mask out of the package and slap it on your face. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ It's too bad it left you feeling greasy- I'm wondering if this one is just not for your skin type. ๐Ÿค”

@Shosh85 Probably doesn't help it was expired.

Up your nose! @Samtian ๐Ÿ˜‚ lol. I'm sorry that happened. I heard the honey is also heavy so if you run into that one watch out. I haven't used it yet, personally. 

@sonnydee Haha I don't know how it went up but it did! I'm avoiding this brand once I finish.

I always like the oozzoo masks for the fun factor but I totally understand the frustration with getting the product into the mask sachet @Samtian I always wonder if I actually got any of it into the mask then onto my skin.  Hopefully you'll. have a better go with the next one!

@missjeanie Haha thank you it is indeed always a wonder. Thankfully I only have a few bears left.

Haha - that does look pretty tricky to open @Samtian 

testing