Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@sonnydee Honey is the best!  Glad you loved it enough to grab a few more!

Yaaay @sonnydee! Another winner from peach slices! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ Happy to hear this one worked out for you. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I used to see peach slices more in Target and/or CVS. With Ulta now carrying PS skincare, I wonder if theyโ€™ll start offering the sheet masks from this line at some point. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ 

That would be nice. @itsfi I almost put in another order after using this one. ๐Ÿ˜ฌbut i talked myself out if it. But i didn't see the piggy mud mask๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿท

The piggy mud mask is super elusive @sonnydee! I canโ€™t remember if it was LE for Lunar New Year a year or so ago. ๐Ÿค” 

@sonnydee  This sounds great! Haven't tried this one yet, but the line seems pretty solid so far! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

After using this I - almost- submitted another order for more of peach slices masks to add to my stash. Almost...baby steps ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ’ช @Shosh85 

An "H" mask from last week, for hydration

Merbliss Intense Hydration mask.jpg

Much has been written on the masking thread about Merbliss Wedding Dress Intense Hydration Mask so I will try to keep this post deep-and-brief. ๐Ÿ™‚ As someone with dehydrated skin year-round, the promise of "intense hydration" is always so attractive. However, since my skin also wavers between combination (oily T-zone, dry-ish elsewhere) to dry, there are times when I need to be more mindful of how much hydration certain parts of my face receive as it may be too much. It's a delicate balancing act. ๐Ÿ˜‰ That being said, while a mask like this is definitely a "go to" for me most days, it is a welcome treat in the cooler months.

Spoiler
In a NutshellMerbliss Wedding Dress Intense Hydration Mask is a light, soft, extra thin and transparent cellulose fiber mask that while leaning on the larger side overall, wears comfortably as it lovingly wraps the face in a gentle embrace, allowing the hydrating and anti-aging/antioxidant properties of the three different forms of hyaluronic acid, peptides and various botanical extracts contained in the clear, slightly runny, thin, watery and subtly floral-scented essence to absorb more deeply, leaving skin instantly (and as claimed, intensely) hydrated, super soft and smooth, with a dewy, fresh-faced glow. 

What I Liked: The second-skin feel and performance of this mask, along with the results were excellent. The ingredients list is amazing, too. A very luxurious mask, indeed! โค๏ธ

Area(s) For Improvement: To be nitpicky, added fragrance. It's in the middle of the ingredients list too, or at least, it is on the ingredients list on the back of my mask. I've seen a few online retailers that list the fragrance in this mask as the last ingredient, which is odd given the inci list on the reverse side of the packaging has it a lot higher up. In any event, there's probably not a lot of fragrance volume-wise. Also, I wouldn't mind in the least if this mask (and the aloe one in the collection) were made available as part of a daily sheet mask pack. Or, if the essence / serum were available separately for purchase.

Would I Repurchase?: Absolutely. โค๏ธ

What a great mask @itsfi , I've often thought about how nice it would be to buy just the serum from some masks.  While I have no business buying a 7 day pack (at least for a few years) I do understand the draw!

BTW.... gorgeous ring!

Yeah @missjeanie, there are quite a few things I have no business buying . . . or even thinking about buying for that matter, so I hear that! ๐Ÿ˜‚ The Merbliss sheet masks are quite nice and they do have some skincare, but I'll be good and not add anything new to the Merbliss goodies I already have. Well, for now, at least. ๐Ÿ˜‰

@itsfi  I don't think I've ever heard anything negative about a Merbliss mask! So happy to hear this one works great for you! The only Merbliss mask I've tried is the Nurse Healing one and I loved it, so I definitely would like to try more from the brand! What others have you tried?

@Shosh85, the Nurse Healing one is a good one too. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ My favorite from the brand so far is another one from the Wedding Dress range - the aloe honey soothing version. Iโ€™m excited to give the other ones from the range a try. 

@itsfi  I'm not surprised the aloe/honey is your favorite! That is one that's on the tippy top of my list! I have a feeling it'd be my favorite too. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I haven't been to TJ Maxx/ Marshall's since February, so my mask buying has definitely gone way down. 

@Shosh85, itโ€™s nice that our mask stashes are whittling down, isnโ€™t it? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I know @sonnydee has found these and other Merbliss masks at her local TJM/Marshalls. I have a few of these that donโ€™t expire for a while and thatโ€™s good for me, but the Merbliss ones and the aloe honey in particular are definitely ones that I would consider making staples and repurchases in my mask collection when itโ€™s time to replenish the supply. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

All the ones-merbliss- I have been finding at TJ/M have exp dates in 2023. ๐Ÿค— @itsfi 

Woohoo @sonnydee! Thatโ€™s awesome! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ I think most of the Merbliss ones I have are 2022. Your local TJ/M is like the poster child for sheet masks. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Buddy time

IMG_20201104_125326501.jpg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
The fit on this one was long at the chin and the eye holes needed snipped. I did not notice a scent on this one.. extra serum in the package, wear time was 20 minutes, after removing my skin felt clean, not a drying squeeky clean but a balanced clean with hydrating and moisturizing benefits. I didn't notice any tackiness. Moisturizer is a must after this serum driesIMG_20201104_125332338.jpg

โ€ƒi personally love this line! Thanks @faeriegirl 

@lmaster  Glad your loving this one!

Thank you!! @ather ๐Ÿ’‹

@lmaster  Glad you're liking these so far! It really is a solid line! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿฅ—

@lmaster  Sounds like a really nice one. I love that clean yet moisturized feeling ๐Ÿ™‚

@PrettyPaint I love when I can tell a difference between a purifying mask vs a hydrating mask too

3 Replies
testing