Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@ShortErica  How 'bout Tuesday?

ETA: if there's a better day for @missjeanie, I'm flexible ๐Ÿ˜‰

@eshoe I'm in for a mask meetup again!

@Shosh85 I thought I was smelling more of like maybe floral/fruity ish with a clean scent ๐Ÿ˜†

@lmaster Yeah, I did sort of struggle with how to describe this one - I definitely smelled something sweet! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I do have another one, so I'll have to another sniff test soon ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Oh, that's a better description of the scent @Shosh85. I smelled it again and got more sweet vibes. Now I'm curious about mangosteens too!

@ShortErica I definitely like that the scent seems to very light with all these!
I'm pretty sure I've never actually tasted or smelled a Mangosteen, so I'm curious! 

Buddied up for a couple more Superfood Salad for Skin masks

Next was Carrot sent to me from @faeriegirl - thank you!

20201104_101609.jpg20201104_101616.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20201104_104315.jpg
Like Shosh's review from a little bit ago, was happy it did not have a carrot smell. To me it seemed typical sheet mask scent, maybe a touch of floral. It had the good same fit as the others I've used. I wore 30 minutes then on neck. I feel eh about pore purifying claims but seemed hydrating and still would say A- though Green Tea would be my preference.

And another from @Shosh85 - I appreciate being able to test a few of the options, Mangosteen

20201105_134153.jpg20201105_134157.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20201105_142753.jpg
Being 100% honest, I don't know I can properly rate this mask. I was in a mood due to work and didn't pay very good attention. It rated well in the fit game just like the others in the line. I didn't notice a scent while wearing but package smelled floral-like. I wore it over 30 minutes but don't know exact time because I lost track. Despite that I also used on neck since it still seemed moist. After the serum absorbed, I didn't feel tack. I didn't really analyze face so I can't say anything about the results. And then I forgot to apply skincare after. I guess that says something good about the mask because my skin wasn't demanding additional products. So I can't rate it but my gut is that it's in line with the others but of the 3 this week, Green Tea would be my winner.

LOL!!  @ShortErica I so feel this!  I often forget to look and see how my skin is after a mask.  

Glad it is not just me @missjeanie ๐Ÿ˜‚ How is everything going for you?

@ShortErica Not just you at all!  I found I was loosing some of the fun of masking at one point last year, I'm hoping I'm back on the right track again.  This year has been different for sure.  Lots going on, but at the same time not as much?  If that makes sense?  Laid off from my full time job at the college (Covid) but still doing hours at the brewery doing their finances so I'm keeping busy.  Trying to get lots done around the house, and keep busy with projects that I always wanted to do, but never had the time for.  Lots of mask sewing going on, with matching scrunchies obviously (for my nieces... and maybe me too).  

Hows the new house?  Do we love it?  How are the boys liking it?

@missjeanie I'm sorry about the full time position but glad the brewery job is keeping you busy. My MIL made a bunch of masks. The ones for the boys are so petite and cute. That's adorable about the matching scrunchies! The new house is nice since I feel things are straightened out. We were very lucky and I'm grateful for how our timing worked. Boys love that they have bunk beds though they have to sleep on the bottom. I'm hoping when all this is done and they are older we can use them so they can have sleepovers with friends.

Awwwww @ShortErica my nieces have a bunk bed here and I remember trying to get one out of the top bunk to go to the washroom in the middle of the night... stick with the bottom bunk! lol  I'm glad you're all enjoying the new home!

@ShortErica too many masks nowadays make it into that category. Masking for functionality rather than the experience has been increasingly common here. 

How is your stash? 

@eshoe 155 sheet masks which feels good but I still want to get it lower so I can also focus on wash offs.

Great progress, @ShortErica! Iโ€™m down to 91, havenโ€™t been this low in awhile and Iโ€™m so proud of it:)

@eshoe @ShortErica  Holy cow guys! You both are doing so great! I'm too afraid to count mine! ๐Ÿ˜‚ The last time (not sure how long ago) I counted I was at 678! ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ My mask buying has definitely slowed down a bunch, but I still have SO much. At least I have you two as my inspiration! ๐Ÿ˜‰

671C5446-06BC-4535-8FDA-8F80D9F72170.gif

678 @Shosh85?!? Thatโ€™s....kind of a dream๐Ÿ˜‚ @ShortErica 

@eshoe @Shosh85 I would be okay with bringing my number up once I feel confident with how many I use and adding in far expiration date masks in. I do love that it is 6 7 8.

@ShortErica  Haha! That was the only reason I could remember it! ๐Ÿ˜‰

@eshoe Haha! Well, I have given out a bunch, used a lot as well and purchased a little since then, so I am pretty curious where I'm at. I should definitely do another re-count! It's those darn 10 packs that kill me!

Yeah I think thatโ€™s what happened to the Spirulina mask I thought I had, @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ˜‚ The 10-packs are tough, agreed! I visited TJ Maxx a couple of weeks ago and they had meager findings, I ended up not picking up any masks. Going to try again in another week or so, hoping for some treasures!

1 Reply
testing