Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights 💮

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@lmaster @missjeanie  The milky, creamy masks are my most favorite! They feel great on dry skin. 😊

@lmaster @Shosh85  I agree... something about milky, creamy masks feels more decadent. 

Haaaayyyyyy!!

So I peeked last night and saw some buddy masking with something I had and I dug her out of the suitcase! I just did my empties and according to my numbers I need to hit 4.25 empties per day for the rest of the year to reach my goal. I pretty much need to use up a crazy amount of sheet masks to have this happen. Two a days ? Three a days?? 

BC4AC195-5E8E-4D62-9B18-133717A939C1.jpeg

Spoiler
i like the farm skin salad masks, they fit fine with a snip across the bridge of the nose, the material is easy to wear, the masks hold a lot of serum and stay wet for a good half hour. I have no complaints, they’re a solid performer. I think I have a box and a half left. 
the green tea, had a lovely tea scent, while I didn’t notice one with the carrot. I don’t think I saw any specific soothing of pore refining with either but my skin was super dry yesterday after starting tretinoin and frankly just being naturally dry so my skin happily soaked up all the serum. I agree with the other reviews. Solid masks, above a filler, but not wowing either. 

@missjeanie I didn't notice any scent either with the carrot mask

I pulled out blueberry for tonight @lmaster , and if memory serves it didn't have a scent either, but now I'll be curious to see how many of the others do or not. 

@missjeanie  Yay! for another masking buddy! Thanks for joining in!

Good luck reaching your goal!

I got so excited when I happened to see masks that I have @Shosh85 !  Now to finish off the pack!

Oh good luck meeting your goal though that seems quite a challenge, 3 masks a day! 🤣 I bet you still have a ton more empties than I managed to make this year and just a ton in general. Can't wait to hear your final count. Glad you enjoyed the masks too and have some more to use @missjeanie 

Ridiculous right @ShortErica !!  I tend to be a bit on the ridiculous side at times so I figure why the heck not?  My skin is so dry in the winter already and with the new prescription it'll only be even more so, so its the perfect time to get some of these masks in use!  I'm at 4.5 average empties per day for the month so far, so I might be able to do it... I'm going to do a lot of multi masking and try to finish up any foils and get my deluxe samples down.  I really would love to hit the empties goal, and it *might* be possible.  I actually want to get my collection of beauty stuffs down.  Why do I have so much?  I'm hoping that after this year it'll be more curated to what I actually love instead of just stuff I want to try cause everyone else is. 

That many empties a day is impressive @missjeanie! I'm hoping for a more curated collection next year too. Have a few things in each category so I can have a few open at once but get through them all before their expiration and the end of the year 🤞

@missjeanie I am so, so excited to see another masking buddy! I share your feelings on these, I am 🤞🏼for another meetup before year end @Shosh85 @ShortErica @lmaster 

I'm totally game @eshoe !  I saw you and @ShortErica talking about how you've whittled down your collections and did a quick count of the suitcase.... it's just at 500.... That doesn't include masks from MOTM or Unicorn Mail.... I'm gonna need to do A LOT of sheet masking in the next few months lol... My goal is to no longer need the suitcase!

I love the suitcase storage but totally understand why you dont want to need it @missjeanie. Can't wait to celebrate that empty with you - you should post just an open suitcase on the Empties thread 😂

Wow just WOW @missjeanie 😆 I don’t think I hit more than a year’s worth, I am seriously jealous of both you and @Shosh85! It’s tough picking a mask at this amount, let me say. About 3 per letter, some less some more. Looking to restock in the New Year🥰

@eshoe yeah, I've been noticing I'm more limited when trying to match the theme and letters. But that's a good sign I'm making progress!

@ShortErica @eshoe I blame 10 packs!  The upside to the border being closed is that I no longer have access to TJ Maxx so I haven't bought any in a hot minute.  We'll see how I do with using some up, but I'm soooo excited to get that dang suitcase gone lol.  It does work great, but it's a sure sign that I have waaaaay too much!

@missjeanie I didn’t realize the border is still closed! Do you still have your PO Box?

@eshoe   They go month by month extending it now, so for now it's closed until November 21st, but I suspect by mid month they'll extend it again.  Covid numbers where I am (Canadian side) are pretty good, growing with the colder weather, but still okay, the numbers in Michigan just across the river from me are growing pretty quickly though.  They look at the countries as a whole when doing it though so I can't see it opening anytime soon.  I'll be surprised if it's open before spring, but I'm hopeful it somehow happens before Christmas.  I do still have my PO box, I just haven't been able to get to it.  The guys at the office there are super good though, and have told us that they'll have all of our packages waiting whenever we can finally pick them up, since there are a lot of us who are Canadian and have boxes.  Lol...I still have a Sephora box there from the Spring sale when I thought it would only be closed a few weeks!  I really am cognizant now of how much I crossed before.  I  dated an American at one point and was there every few days, after that I was back to once a week.  I'd check mail, hit up the grocery store (you guys have so much different stuff on your shelves), check out TJMaxx, and grab dinner at a few local places that I love.  Dang I miss the tex-mex at one of my favourite restaurants... going over was always good for me mentally to get into a good headspace of me time. Miss you Murcia.

I’m guessing it will be extended again too, @missjeanie. It’s definitely getting worse again where I am, unfortunately. 

That’s wonderful that they are being so accommodating! That’s so funny you have something yet to get from the spring sale😳 I hope it’s something you still need lol. I have only ventured out to a handful of stores on the past month, and some were better managed than others. Unfortunately at the TJ Maxx I visited (not my usual one), there were used masks on the ground in the store and in the parking lot. Many inside the store weren’t wearing them at all; for me it’s just not worth the risk. 

Tex-mex, yummmmm!!! I could go for some of that right now😂 I made nachos for lunch yesterday, but that’s just not the same. Hope you are doing alright up there, miss ya too. I am really grateful for all of the camaraderie here and the masking fun we shared. Good memories:)

@eshoe I'm very lucky the guys at the PO Boxes are so good.  Luckily what I ordered should be okay, a couple of powdered sunscreens and a bunch of SDJ, bumbum cream, body wash and the perfume I believe.  I actually have a US 100$ reward to use so I'll be sending them another soon.

The Winners here is open limited hours and we have mask by-laws here, but I haven't seen it as worth it right now either.  I'm lucky enough to have had a massive stash of stuff to get through and while Amazon Canada is no where near the beast that is Amazon USA, door to door delivery is a luxury that I'm thankful for. I can't believe people just tossing masks on the ground at stores, I've heard of people doing it here as well, it's just so inconsiderate.

November 14th is apparently National Homemade Guac day... so I'm thinking of doing a full Tex-Mex theme! lol  

Ooooh National guacamole day, I am going to need to make some tortillas @missjeanie YUM!!!

13 Replies
testing