Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@ShortErica I wish I had the time to just lay down with the eye flaps actually covering my eyes

Seriously @lmaster @ShortErica who does that๐Ÿ˜‚ 

I'm embarrassed to say that I am one of those who does that.... @eshoe @lmaster @ShortErica  I'm totally weird I know!

Donโ€™t be embarrassed @Weetart- good for you!!! Itโ€™s a treat and you should be able to enjoy it as you wishโ˜บ๏ธ

I think if I didn't have 5&6 year old boys @Weetart @eshoe @ShortErica I would be able to.... Future goals!!

Or lucky @Weetart! I tend to multi-task while I mask. ๐Ÿ™‚

@eshoe @lmaster seriously, if elected I will add an extra hour to every day just for masking with eye flaps! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Though I would propose eye flaps fold down from the top instead. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

For Masking Duel II Week I finally got into my stash of Mitomo masks. I was sent a variety in unicorn mail from @missjeanie@Shosh85 and @faeriegirl so I never felt tempted to buy 10 packs at Marshalls/TJ Maxx

Here's the variety for the week:

20201027_133418.jpg

Close-ups and pictures of the back of the packages

Spoiler
20201027_133449.jpg20201027_133455.jpg20201028_140643.jpg20201028_140648.jpg20201029_141632.jpg20201029_141638.jpg20201030_085743.jpg20201030_085749.jpg

My faces

Spoiler
20201027_135523.jpg20201028_140950.jpg20201029_143604.jpg20201030_090058.jpg

I'll start off with my rating B+. Being honest, I went in with not the best expectations. Seeing these at Marshalls/TJ Maxx, I googled and found a blog discussing each of the masks in this line and the review had really mixed results. Also seeing @quspork's recent review also tempered hopes to be wowed. After trying them, I really think the only big difference I could tell between them was the scent.

• Collagen + Lithospermum - familiar floral scent - not rose, why can't I determine it, maybe it's a floral clean scent
  • Royal Jelly + Cherry Blossoms - very plain like paper plus a small hint of cherry, in the package I could get more of the cherry scent but as a more subtle scent it better person, I enjoyed the level on the mask itself
  • Gold + Cherry Blossoms - strong cherry with a hint of earthiness
  • Camellia Flower Oil + Matcha - I'm not sure what matcha smells like but I can see it as part that and part floral

So now with the similarities. The material seemed fine and folded where I need it to to make a decent fit though they did get into the hairline on the sides. Not that big of a deal but I don't have a small face so if you do, just something to note. I wore them all around 25 minutes (recommended time was 20-30) and thought it was the right amount. The nose area tended to get dry around the 15-20 minute mark. In general I had a very light tack that went away. I think that some had a little less or more though moral of the story is good after face feel as opposed to some super tacky masks - looking at you TCS Clear Up Skin. My face looked nice and fresh after. I didn't notice anything with fine lines or plumping or super moisturizing - not that they made any of those claims. There wasn't much extra serum but that's okay. Overall, I'd say it is a fine mask. I wouldn't purchase them. Definitely one of those where a 10 pack isn't for me. If one crossed my path, I would use it.

@ShortErica  Love that you dueled these! I unfortunately had bought a few 10 packs of these, and while they're decent filler masks, I definitely didn't need that many! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Glad you could try a nice variety of them without committing to 10 packs! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘

I really love the artwork on these!

I feel like sometimes 10 packs are risky but at least they will be used though not a favorite @Shosh85

I am also cast a vote as the royal jelly and cherry one being nice, the relaxing factor and price point for the amount of hydration is why I think it would make a good filler mask. @ShortErica 

FYI matcha is a ground green tea powder.

The Royal jelly & cherry blossom was my favorite, @ShortErica. I share your sentiments, there arenโ€™t too many masks I wouldnโ€™t use if they crossed my path!

Yes, that was the most Erica nose friendly one for me @eshoe!

Too lazy to come up with a funny connection. Reviewed before but in my no buy I keep digging out and getting into all these wash off masks I have. Missha Black Ghassoul Tightening mask. Itโ€™s a great mask. I see there is also a peel off version, this is not that one. Itโ€™s a clay like wash off. it works very well. โ€ƒ

24207BF9-7E3B-4F7A-96D2-461D1D73794A.jpeg

โ€ƒ

image.jpg

@Weetart  That's great it works well for you! Does this one wash off pretty easy? Looks like avoiding using white towels might be best ๐Ÿ˜‚

Surprisingly it does! It dries fully to cracking point so comes off pretty easy. I do have a pile of โ€œruinedโ€ washcloths I keep in a drawer because of that type of issue lol. Hey, they are clean and no one can see them... @Shosh85 

I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve tried a Missha wash off mask, @Weetart. This looks like one I would enjoy! Do you have a favorite place to pick up your Missha goodies?

@eshoe Actually I get them from the brand website during the site wide 50% off sale. 

Good to know, @Weetart thank you !

S is for Shooting Stars and Shimmering Pearl, and H is for Hello Kitty 

C66B5C2E-7837-4223-A280-11975114F4E6.jpeg

Spoiler

The Creme Shop Hello Kitty Shooting Stars Sheet Mask

This is a medium thickness cotton sheet mask that was multi-colored with cute little pictures on it. It was saturated with a watery and shimmery serum that had a light perfumy-floral kind of smell. It wasn't too strong, but I wouldn't consider it to be light either. The fit was a little off - just slightly too long at the chin, a tiny bit too wide at the temples and the space between the eyes was a little too wide. The adherence was good and it was comfortable to wear the 30 minutes I had it on. I did feel a very slight tingle while it was on, but it was really just very slight. There wasn't any tackiness after removing. My complexion looked brighter and more clear, and my skin had a nice glow and felt super soft and smooth. There was just a little glitter left on my face and my skin felt just a smidge on the dry side.

This mask had some nice results, but because of the scent I probably wouldn't repurchase - I wouldn't hesitate to use again though! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

The mask:

Spoiler
E9EE6459-E0A2-4656-B8C8-32993256DB31.jpeg

Ingredients:

Spoiler
CBC3FA27-884B-4FF5-A927-7085F7925FBD.jpeg

The drying part is disappointing, but all the other points are fun! I love this line of masks in general @Shosh85 

testing