Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

Bummer @PrettyPaint. I can handle medium material but feel I can't get a good fit when it is too thick. Hopefully it works better at night!

Buddying up with this Superfood Salad Soothing mask ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿต

C9B4F7C3-A874-448D-8D55-EFEE2830B129.jpeg

Spoiler

Farmskin Superfood Salad Soothing Green Tea Sheet Mask

This is a thin tencel sheet mask that soaking with plenty of serum, and had a light green tea scent. The fit was good - just a little bit too long at the chin/jawline, and the eye holes were just slightly too small for my preference. The adherence was good except for the extra length at the chin that popped up once or twice. I took it off after about 30 minutes. There was some very light tackiness that went away in less than 5 minutes. My face felt soft, smooth and lightly moisturized and my complexion looked a little less dull.

So far I think all these salad masks have been great and have been a pretty solid line! Nothing amazing, but gets the job done. I'd repurchase if I came across them at TJ Maxx/Marshall's, but I'm not so sure I'd pay full price for them.

Ingredients:

Spoiler
1596CA99-4A8A-4103-A37C-27B21A80365C.jpeg

I really do enjoy these @Shosh85 luckily I've been gifted these because I've never seen them anywhere lol

@lmaster  I've seen them a couple places, but Marshall's definitely has the best deal I've seen! It would be hard for me to pay more than Marshall's price for them ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป

Very true @Shosh85 

I wondered how the green tea scent would be for your nose @Shosh85. I thought it was an acceptable level. I agree there's no big wow but I like these. I'm afraid to look at full price. With a lot of masks I've found at TJ Maxx/Marshalls I'm like no way I'd pay real prices!

@ShortErica  Actually, now that I think about it, full price really isn't that bad. The 7 pack at Fred Meyer is $14.99 and Amazon sells it for $12.99. It's just hard to pay even that for them, when Marshall's is selling/sold them for $7. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป

I have enjoyed this line of masks, and I think the concept of it is pretty fun! ๐Ÿฅ—

@Shosh85  Looks like a good, low-maintenance mask. I find the packaging really appealing too.

@PrettyPaint  Yup, exactly! This one is a nice one! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

S Week and Buddying Up with the Superfood Salad for Skin Soothing Sheet Mask - Green Tea which was a gift from @Shosh85 - woo! another S.

20201103_125831.jpg20201103_125836.jpg

My face

Spoiler
Something weird was happening with my phone and any selfie pics were turning out like this.Something weird was happening with my phone and any selfie pics were turning out like this.Luckily restarting the phone seemed to fix itLuckily restarting the phone seemed to fix it

Something about this brand that is appealing to me and the two I've tried were enjoyable so I'll note a bias for this mask. It had a light and pleasant green tea scent. It was a good fit, just puckers in a few areas. I wore it for 25 minutes even though it said 10-20 and then folded and placed it on my neck. Afterwards I felt no tack. My skin looked fresh. I wouldn't say anything phenomenal but very enjoyable. I used my moisturizer and felt set. I've had good experiences with these and they tend to have a good scent level for me. It's a wonderful no fuss mask and I would rate it above a "filler." I don't feel the need to rush and purchase but if I ran across a variety pack at a good price, this is a mask I'd pick up. A-. Can't wait to hear what any buddies thought! ๐Ÿ˜

@ShortErica totally agree it's better than a filler imo as well

@ShortErica  Sounds like we pretty much have the same thoughts about these - they're nothing amazing, but more than fillers. Glad you liked this one! 

It makes me more confident having a consensus of sorts about them @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ˜€

@ShortErica  This looks like a nice one, and I always love a green tea scent. The fit looks quite good! 

Yes, these ones are so close to perfect on me @PrettyPaint! Love not having to worry about snipping or folding.

SNP Animal Rabbit Face mask. Says balancing and brightening. Well, it is hydrating and my skin looks brighter when itโ€™s well hydrated. Horrible fit for me, lots of snip snip. Still have a couple of these left. I like them. Has a nice scent to it, delicate and not overwhelming. 

9C67053C-7C66-4988-8D61-CC67A9CB5E14.jpeg

โ€ƒ

image.jpg

โ€ƒ

FC4592F8-5CEB-4BF6-B4C6-6197FCF8487A.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Weetart  SNP makes some nice masks! It's too bad the fit was off, but it sounds like it gave you some great results! Bonus points for being super cute! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿฐ

Yay for delicate scents @Weetart!

That design is so cute @Weetart 

@lmaster Hah! Yes it is and also a bit terrifying! 

Iโ€™m down to two face sleeping masks jars. Woohoo! I do like the Laneige Sleeping Masks. Too bad Iโ€™m out of the eye one, itโ€™s really cooling and relaxing. I used the Lavender face one, I prefer the original scent but this is still a good light weight sleeping mask. And of course the laneige lime apple lip mask. Making good progress on that sucker. LANEIGE Lavender Water Sleeping Mask LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Apple Lime 

5BE2F166-196C-435C-ADA5-298A63F205B0.jpeg

โ€ƒ

testing