Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a 💰mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@itsfi ohhhh this is very interesting!! Keep us posted if you hear anything from the company

@lmaster, they got back to me and just said that it is bio-cellulose. I have a set of bio-cellulose masks set aside for use so that'll be a good point of reference for me to compare another one of these masks with the various bio-cellulous ones I have. We shall see.

@itsfi alrighty then!! Lol biocellulose it is 😆

Lol @lmaster! We shall see. I still think it’s very similar to a hydrogel mask. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

R is for rice 🍚 

151C3F20-DFAD-4282-A7B2-4335ECF321C5.jpeg

Spoiler

Leaders Labotica Skin Soft Mask ~ Rice

Material: Thin cotton

Serum: Clear, watery

Scent: sort of a mix of baby powder and floral, but it was light and not too noticeable while the mask was on.

Fit: Just a little too long at the chin

Wear Time: About a half hour.

Tack: Very light and lasted less than 10 minutes

Results: My face was noticeably brighter and felt soft and smooth and comfortably hydrated.

I wouldn't say this is a favorite, but it did sure do a great job brightening! I'd definitely use again, but the scent is what's holding me back from repurchasing.

0F5FA13F-773D-4994-A20A-2149384673A1.jpeg

Hmmm when I read your scent description it was easy to determine this would be a pass, @Shosh85. Baby powder and oil are a couple of notes I will happily pass!

@eshoe  I'm pretty sure I haven't smelled anything like it before. Definitely not my favorite and not what I would expect from a rice mask, but at least it was light! 

@Shosh85 baby powder and floral 🤔 I'm very curious

@lmaster  Yeah, it definitely had a unique scent! 

@Shosh85, great review set up. I love the thin material on these Labotica sheet masks! ❤️ I also really like rice as a brightening ingredient. 😍 It's been a while since I used this one; will have to try it again to see about the scent - the combination of baby powder and floral isn't something my nose generally likes so I understand that being  a 'no' for you with this mask.

@itsfi  I think this is a nice line of masks, but I'd consider them more filler-type. If the scent was just a little better on them they'd be pretty perfect. I definitely loved the brightening effect from this one! 😃

@Shosh85, the longer I mask, or the more masks I try, the category of filler masks expands. I think I’m getting pickier  more highly selective. 😆 

@itsfi @heartsmyface  EXACTLY! These were some of the first masks I tried and I definitely feel like I liked them a lot more then. Now that I've tried close to 1,000 masks, its getting harder and harder to find ones that really impress me 😂 YES! We sure are masking connoisseurs! Love that!

@itsfi @Shosh85   ^^THIS!!!  I was way easier to please in the beginning.  I notice I am also easier to please after taking a break from masking.   We’re just masking connoisseurs.  ☺️

YES!!!! @heartsmyface @Shosh85 And now I have proof!!! Thank you, hearts!!! 

Masking connoisseurs. LOVE it! 💖

Didn’t think I would post this, so no fancy photo. It’s a three-peat for “R

ECE0DC70-39C4-45DB-9784-2F33F527A00E.jpeg

Spoiler
Fell in love with the Beltune Real Eucalyptus Oil Mask the first time I tried it, I was sick and the Vicks scent was reassuring. The second time, seemed like everything was off. Last night, I used my last one as apparently it expires sometime this month. The scent wasn’t as significant. The fit, perfect. Kept it on for at least 30 minutes before it started to dry. No remaining tack. I don’t think I’ve tried another mask from this brand and now I want to. It’s probably too late😄

Masks this YTD:
Spoiler
E0DE20D9-4A81-47E0-A529-A2688FBBD7AE.jpeg

Yes, sounds perfect for when you are sick @eshoe. I remembered to use my steam eye masks but forgot about the Kina I what to breathe better one that is eucalyptus - that would have been a good opportunity. I'll try to remember in case I'd see the brand to let you know.

I’ve tried the Kina one, @ShortErica! I do think the fit on the Beltune is better for my face shape, but I would use the Kina again. The scent is just so soothing.

Why is it too late?? @eshoe did they stop making masks?

@lmaster it went OOS shortly after I repurchased a couple. Wish I would have bought more, but I’m sure another one will come along for me to 💕 

It's always so nice to have a perfect fitting mask. I think I have one of these masks from a long ago Facetory subscription box so good to know about the scent and the expiration date @eshoe😬 I thought I used all of my sub masks up already but it looks like I'll have to get to using this one sooner rather than later. 

1 Reply
testing