Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a 💰mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

That’s where I first discovered this one, @itsfi. I looked for it again just now and it seems to still be OOS. The set looked like it would have been wonderful to try!

69D188C5-B0BA-4F92-A0F0-4A5BDB278DCF.jpeg

@eshoe  This definitely sounds like great mask to use if you have a cold! Why do you think it might be too late to find others from the line? I'd be interested in hearing how the others compare to this one. Glad you enjoyed it!

Look at all those masks! I'm impressed you got it all in one picture!

@Shosh85 after I last purchased this, I went back to buy more and they were OOS. I just need to dig in a bit to find others from the brand/this line, which I haven’t yet done. I think it would be worth the time, though!

A eucalyptus mask does sound like it be good to have around for that inevitable cold, @eshoe - glad to hear it worked out nicely for you!

I’ve been saving it in case I got a cold, @quspork. But with being away from people so much, it’s hard to catch anything! I’ve been on the lookout for a similar mask since this one has been discontinued.

I think I could actually get behind a vick's vapo sheet mask of some sort, @eshoe. I'm not sure how the ingredients would work out skin wise, but it seems like that would be so nice when you're laying on the couch with a stuffy nose and headache... 🤔

4E0BA287-6A14-4741-A3C1-C73EA3898A55.jpeg

D85280B6-087F-48BB-BB23-53F322BFB0D0.jpeg

A6D0FC5B-EC18-42EC-A786-CC8AC67CD434.jpeg

 ugh I just wrote out my reviews and it just reloaded when i added the photos.  

nomakura hello kitty infrared eye patches- sticker type patches that claim to increase circulation and decrease puffiness by draining the sinuses.  There was a four minute delay before I felt a warming sensation.  I didn’t notice any real depuffing but my under eyes feel moist and look plump.  Oh the instructions say to apply toner before sticking them on cause the stickers are strong.  I didn’t do that and they still came off easily.  I won’t reuse them ‘up to six times’ like they say you can.  I’m too much of a germaphobe.

Etude house demask rose mask- sheer cotton mask dripping in thin heavily scented rose serum.   It confirmed well and was very cooling.  My skin feels happy and plumped up and a little tacky.

purederm shiny and soft foot peeling mask- smells heavily of alcohol.  The booties fit my feet well.  There isn’t a whole lot of acidic serum like the babyfoot ones have but my feet still feel well coated.  It will take 7-10 days to see the final results so tbc. 

@heartsmyface the eye patches sound really nice!! I don't believe I've ever used some that had a warming sensation

@heartsmyface  I've been wanting to try out the Purederm foot peels - would love an update when the actions starts!

Glad you liked the Etude House mask! There are some pretty decent masks in this line. I think my most favorite so far is the snail one!

@Shosh85  we’re two days in and my feet are dry and crinkly in the arches.  No peeling yet but they’ve got that sheen of chemical burned skin.  This is when it gets difficult to resist the urge to moisturize.   The wait continues. 

oh I love the snail one as well!  

I can't wait to hear how the Purederm foot masks go, @heartsmyface. It's always interesting to see how different ones work out. How long did you have this pair on for?

@quspork   I did the whole 90 minutes and maybe a bit longer?  My feet are feeling pretty dry today which is a good sign.  The waiting part is the worst.  I want instant gratification 

I’m with you on reusing masks @heartsmyface! I tried the Charlotte Tilbury sheet mask that says it can be reused up to 3 times and it was hard enough getting myself to use it a second time for the sake of trying it out. 😫 I would go nuts 6 times!!! It is interesting though that the eye patch would presumably heat up all 6 times. I don’t know about that. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

I like the EH 0.2mm line. 💕 They’re ones I consider simple (in a good way), reliable sheet masks and there are a few from the collection that my skin responds well to. 

@itsfi   Did the CT one perform as nicely the second time round?  The eye patches are still sitting on my night table so there’s still a chance to reuse them... I’m a little curious.  Maybe I’ll try them out on my arm to see if they reheat.  My elbows would likely appreciate done love.  
The ET Collagen masks are my favorite from the line!   I agree they’re slightly better than filler masks but at filler mask prices.  They’re a pretty solid brand overall.  I am trying to recall if I ever used a dud product by them and nothing is coming to mind.  I didn’t like their micellar water but then I don’t like micellar waters in general.  

Ah yes, the EH Collagen mask from this line is a good one. I can see why it’s your favorite @heartsmyface. I agree about the brand in general too. I keep going back to one of their sunscreens. 😍

The CT mask was fine the second time but not as great as the first - better adherence the first time, etc. I’m glad I gave it a try but I prefer the traditional wet sheet masks. The CT is a “dry” mask so I was very surprised that it imparted the moisture it did. 

Mmmmm the Tea Tree is pretty borderline, @heartsmyface 😆 The collagen one is the best!

Last night I used the Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin™ Facial Barrier Mask Ceramidin™ Facial Mask It was drenched in a thicker serum. It worked decently well, I think if I had done my normal skin care routine with it instead of my lazy one it would have been even better.

Dr Jart Crem.jpg

Oh your expressions!! @Samtian 😆

@lmaster 🙂 I try

@Samtian I’m a fan of the spf, it’s not white-casty at all. This has me wanting to try the sheet mask 😄 

@eshoe I think you will like it.

1 Reply
testing