Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

Thatโ€™s good to know, @itsfi. My little roller can really โ€˜wake upโ€™ my skin, Iโ€™d much prefer something gentler, and this sounds like it might be it:)

@itsfi This mask scares me. I feel like I'm going to lose eyebrow hairs and eyelashes.

@Samtian, lol! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Good news is that my brows and lashes are intact! I have a lot of brows though, so if I lost some, I might not be able to tell right away. ๐Ÿคฃ Now, my lashes, on the other hand, that's a different story. I can't afford to lose any. ๐Ÿ˜† I made sure to gently lay the quartz mask on top of my face and was extra careful to stay still when I had it on, and when I removed it. That said, fair point. I'll have to see what I might do to ensure that no brows or lashes are sacrificed. 

@itsfi You'll have to keep us updated lol.

That looks like a relaxing eye mask to throw on for a bit, @itsfi. I'm interested in hearing how it works out used in conjunction with a sheet mask. 

@quspork,  I'm going to try to make good use of this eye mask and will try it out with different types of sheet masks - cotton, bio-cellulose, hydrogel, Tencel, etc.! I shall keep you posted! ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi   I canโ€™t help but feel it would be great for pressing the serum into your skin.  But then you could do that with your hands.   I can see there being benefit in it forcing you to lay back and relax though...  and the weight has got to feel good...  Iโ€™m still on the fence with this product. 

@heartsmyface, the weight does feel good and is nice for unwinding. I recently purchased a weighted blanket, to see if that might help me sleep better and this eye mask is sorta like a weighted blanket for the eyes and cheeks. ๐Ÿ˜„

@itsfi @I recently bought a weighted blanket as well!  Itโ€™s a nice full body hug!  I find it comfortable for an hour or so and then itโ€™s too much.  Are you enjoying yours?  

@heartsmyface, I like the weighted blanket, though not as much as I did when I first got it. Yes, a full body hug! It's nice for helping my body relax a little more and fall asleep, especially when I pair it with a steam eye mask. Ahhhh! But, I'm still waking up in the early morning hours, well ahead of when I would like to get up. I'm determined to figure out what is at the root of this though. ๐Ÿ˜†

@itsfi  Ugh thereโ€™s some common grounds I wish we didnโ€™t have.  Iโ€™ve been having a hard time going to sleep in general and am waking up around 5am.   Iโ€™ve been trying turkey at night, yoga, warm baths... itโ€™s helping a little.  The yoga most of all.    I may have to cut out drinking tea altogether though thatโ€™s a last resort.  I like my tea. ๐Ÿ˜•   Are you experiencing more stress than usual? It could be that weโ€™re getting less exercise being home all the time?  so many variables to explore.    

Wow, cutting out tea altogether ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ@heartsmyface?!! Would switching to an herbal caffeine free tea after a certain time help? For me, Iโ€™m sure itโ€™s a combination of sitting at my desk for too long, less exercise (and less outdoor time than I had before), and stress, the latter of which I suspect because I was doing things that are typically signs of stress for me (gritting my teeth, etc). Iโ€™ve been making some adjustments that have helped, like carving out time in the middle of my day to take a walk outside and giving myself more downtime (and without my phone or computer) before bed. I like your idea of yoga. Iโ€™ve been doing some stretches in the mornings and throughout the day, but a solid amount of time doing yoga would be good. 

From Q week, Quret and Rose Quartz:

EB365B6A-4510-49F4-BD46-AEA4AA6363BC.jpeg

Spoiler
Like @itsfi I also selected the Nourishing Brazil Nut variety from Quret, though I did not have any food snacks on hand ๐Ÿ˜‰ I bout a 10 or 12 pack which also includes eggplant, broccoli, tomato, and a couple of other โ€˜flavors.โ€™ This is the one I found to be most nourishing and moisturizing. I detected a slight scent after first opening, faintly nutty, which was pleasant. It fades pretty quick. The fit is pretty good, with the eyes a little large which made the pairing with the Skin Gym All-Natural Rose Quartz just right!

I pulled these hydra-gel masks from the MOtM box, and they were a fun little treat. The Barbie pink gels with star shapes at the corners are adorable and fun to use. As far as efficacy? They were definitely soothing. I would use them again in a heartbeat, just for how cute they are. Thank you to whoever added them to the box, I really enjoyed getting to try them!

Also pictured is the Wander Beauty Lip Retreat Oil Skinny Dip. Love how this looks and feels. It isnโ€™t too heavy or sticky, and has a decent wearing time. Something I can wear as gloss that I can feel good about is a bonus!

@eshoe oh those eye patches look exceptionally cute!!

They are, @lmaster! I think I first saw them on @emaisgr8, and thought they were adorable โ˜บ๏ธ 

@eshoe   I LOVE the wander lip retreat!!!!  Iโ€™ve been wearing it in excursion as my default lip product!  

It makes a great gloss, @heartsmyface ๐Ÿ’— So easy to forget itโ€™s a treatment!

@eshoe Those eye patches really are super cute! Glad they turned out decent! 
I've been tempted to try out that lip oil - will definitely have to add it to my next order! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I would say the lip is similar but not as thick as the Dior Lip Glow Oil Pink @Shosh85. Itโ€™s much more pigmented, whereas the Dior has a jelly stained appearance. Both are ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ, though!

@eshoe  Good to know! Thank you!

I've really enjoyed the Wander lip oil too, @eshoe!

2 Replies
testing