Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

I remember reading your review about the I'm Sorry For My Skin @Shosh85 and unfortunately found a tampered box at my Marshalls store. That would have broken the mask no buy before the Yadah had all the masks been there. And I'll have to read the other one and take notes cause I don't want to forget.

PSA: Certain masks are on sale at the Peach & Lily site for the next 3 days - peachandlily (dot) com - including a set of 4 Peach Slices masks for $8. 

Peach Slices Sheet Mask Bundle Sale.PNG

@Shosh85 @sonnydee @lmaster @eshoe @GalPalVal17 @Kim888 @m3rc3d3s @ather I think these are the folks that have expressed an interest at one point or another in these peach slices masks. I'm so sorry if I missed someone. Peach & Lily ships to Canada but I'm not sure what pricing looks like.

Thanks @itsfi! This is such a great deal! The brightening one is my favorite! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

These are great masks @Shosh85! Love the deal too. I wish each of these masks would available for sale in packs of 5 or 10. Maybe one day.

@itsfi Thank you for the tag!

Youโ€™re welcome @Kim888! Gotta keep the mask stash full! ๐Ÿ˜† 

Thank you @itsfi, I appreciate the tag! My masking drawer is thinning out and I am looking to restock, perfect timing๐Ÿ˜Š

Itโ€™s a nice feeling to work through your mask stash @eshoe. Hope you find some goodies from P&L; they curate a lot of great skincare. Happy shopping! ๐Ÿ›๐Ÿ›’ 

@itsfi  Thanks!!! And Iโ€™m checking it out now!

Have fun checking out the site @ather! Lots of goodies. โ™ฅ๏ธ

J for Jeju Island volcanic clusters & overnight mask Glow Recipe Avocado Melt sleeping mask. A gift from the lovely @llmaster thanks lady!๐Ÿ˜˜ 

Both wash off masks

First Innisfree, the reviews say that this is a dupe for GG Supermud...๐Ÿค”...which I love. Maybe because they are both grey, mud & absorb oil/ help with blemishes. They dry down different. This is also smoother, creamer, doesn't have the tell all spots where your pores are. Innisfree you leave on for 10 min. I left it on longer probably about 20 or so. It doesnt get tight feeling really but at that point it did start cracking. The smell was ok..not mud but ashy but pleasant enough for me not to really take note of. GG & this I use a makeup eraser to remove. But while i have no issues with GG ever,. I did notice some redness almost itchiness from Innisfree on my cheeks- it may have been just from scrubbing but i don't get that from GG & anyone that has used GG know those leaves can get stuck! ๐Ÿคท my skin feels refreshed & deeply cleaned with GG but not really with this one. Sadly, I had high hopes for this, being from amore pacific but meh...๐Ÿ˜ i think I have at least 1 more use maybe half of a use out of the foil so may have to go head to head with GG for a mask duel this coming week. But i don't agree with the reviews that this is a dupe. Not for my face at least. ๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค

Couldn't of picked a better mask to cool the redness from Innisfree than GR Avocado Melt. This is a thicker but creamy mask. I left it on overnight. This is not geared toward oily skin so I used sparingly but I liked it alot. Enough to see if i have a mini. It had maybe the faintest of scent of avocado but more green plant like maybe aloe...... I woke up to soft skin that had the balanced hydration that i was looking for but my skin lacked with DE F-balm. ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š

1025201247.jpg

โ€ƒ

@sonnydee is this the innisfree Super Volcanic Clusters Pore Clearing Clay Mask? I got a deluxe sample in an order and am on use 2 with it. I wear it a while, more than 20 minutes and haven't had cracking so that's why I'm curious if it is the same. But everyone is different so who knows. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ Sorry it didn't work for you. The ingredients I'm curious about are corn starch, walnut shell powder, and methnoxypropanial (hopefully I'm spelling it right). Glad the avocado mask worked better!

Yes,that's it. it's not cracking into pieces that will fall off your face but around my mouth, I see cracks after it dries down & its been on there a while... I had it tonight & only left it on for about 15 min. too maybe I'm making my layer super thin๐Ÿคท @ShortErica 

Thanks for confirming @sonnydee. I got big cracks with Kiehl's Since 1851 Rare Earth Deep Pore Minimizing Cleansing Clay Mask 5 oz/ 125 ml but not this one. I will have to try the GG one since it seems you and lots of others like it.

Spot test first @ShortErica it does have a reputation for burning people ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Thanks for the warning @sonnydee 

@ShortErica @sonnydee  I tried the GG as a full face mask once and it definitely made my face red. I still love it as a spot treatment though - it works great drying up blemishes!

So sorry you didn't care for the innisfree, I don't personally think it's a dupe. @sonnydee I like both, but I feel they are pretty different

P.s. thanks again for sending me the GR! @lmaster ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿฅ‘

I want mud masks to feel like they did something @lmaster I don't get that with the Innisfree๐Ÿคท but it's probably because gg spoils me. 

It's too bad the Innisfree couldn't compete with the Glam Glow, @sonnydee. It's sounds like the Glow Recipe mask worked out really nicely though!

3 Replies
testing