Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@Weetart, I picked up the orchid version of these SC sleeping pods when it was in the sale section. I liked it a lot and would be happy to find them in a fuller size as I agree that regular price for the amount you get isn't the best deal. 

Did the orchid version have the same jelly texture? @itsfi 

Yes @Weetart! ๐Ÿ˜Š It looks almost the same as your pomegranate version except the orchid one had more of a pale magenta hue to it.

I actually had a Q mask. I don't know that this one is really being made anymore, but it's by A'Pieu, and it's a Quinoa mask. It's looks like it's from something called the "my skin-fit" line. I did think it fit nice and close to the skin. It didn't smell like quinoa (which is perhaps a good thing for a face mask). It was nice and refreshing and provided some moisture.

IMG_7937.JPGIMG_7938.JPG

I bet that mask was very nice! @PrettyPaint 

It was so nice and refreshing @lmaster 

Oh how interesting, @PrettyPaint. I don't think I've noticed a quinoa mask before. I'm glad to hear it worked out nicely for you!

Thanks so much @quspork. It seemed like a strange ingredient for a mask, but it was surprisingly nice!

@PrettyPaint glad it was refreshing!

Thanks so much @ather 

Oooh it would be fun to try this one,

@PrettyPaint, but definitely not if it had a quinoa scent๐Ÿ˜‚ Itโ€™s not terrible, just kind of...dusty? Anyhow, happy to hear you had a pleasant masking with it!

@eshoe  Your description made me laugh. I actually was having trouble conceptualizing how quinoa smells, but I totally get what you mean ๐Ÿ™‚

@PrettyPaint, it's always fun to read about a new to me skincare ingredient. Your results sound nice and, yes, good it didn't smell like quinoa. Not that quinoa has a bad scent to it, but it would probably make me hungry while masking. ๐Ÿ˜‚

@itsfi  Yeah, it did make me want quinoa just based on the fact that I haven't had it for so long.

@PrettyPaint I have a few from this line and I do enjoy them. I may or may not still have this one around... forgot if I used it or gave it away. Glad to hear it was a successful mask!

Thanks so much @Weetart. I haven't seen them around too much, so I wonder if they are being phased out...

@PrettyPaint  Sounds like a nice one! Glad to hear you enjoyed it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@PrettyPaint @Sounds interesting! A super nice fitting mask is always hard to find! 

@Kim888  I totally agree. I quite frequently have trouble with mask fit, so it's always such a treat to try one that's low maintenance. 

J as in just catching up with the last couple of weeks of masking... I swear I don't know where time goes these days. But anyway, here's a quick overview of a few from the stash from the last couple of weeks (minus wash-offs). 

PXL_20201023_190442223.jpg

Spoiler
Papa Recipe original Bombee Honey Mask- this one is a constant repurchase. I love it- so nourishing and hydrating, plus that honey scent- yum!

PXL_20201023_190455493.jpg

Spoiler
The Hanalei Papaya Mask - I grabbed this one out of the MOTM box, so thank you to whomever put that one in! This was a nice mask- tencel material that was comfortable to wear. It was slightly narrow on the fit and the eye holes were a touch too small for me, but overall, that wasn't an issue. There was maybe the lightest of fruit scents? Mostly just fresh. My skin felt nicely hydrated afterwards. I'd definitely use it again and now I'm checking out lip balms and oils on the company's site so... ๐Ÿ˜‚

PXL_20201023_190427636.jpg

Spoiler
The Mitomo Royal Jelly and Cherry Blossom Mask. This has a really beautiful design for the packaging, but for me, the mask didn't live up to the beauty of the artwork. It was ok, but I wasn't wowed. I'd consider this a decent filler mask, I was nicely hydrated but not much else left an impression on me. 

PXL_20201023_190359187.jpg

Spoiler
Peripera Sparkling Cool Lime- I know @Shosh85 is a big Peripera fan and this is a nice cooling mask in their collection. It is certainly a refreshing one! The mask material was thin and fit and adhered nicely. It does feel cool against the skin. The mask claims to bubble a bit but it wasn't anything particularly noticeable for me. The scent was light, a little citrusy. This would be a great morning mask because it really wakes up your skin and gives it a really invigorating feeling. I'd definitely repurchase. 

PXL_20201023_190414942.jpg

Spoiler
The Creme Shop's Pomegranate Cranberry Fusion Mask- TCS is very hit or miss for me and this one was just kinda ok for me. I didn't care for the scent which hinted at fruity but really came off far too chemical. The material wasn't the best fit for me either. I did get some hydration but I would say that was about it. It's not a bad mask, but it's not one I'd go out of my way to use again. 

PXL_20201023_190339537.jpg

Spoiler
Isntree's African Baobab Seed Mask- Baobab is supposed to be a nice ingredient for helping with inflammation and is filled with various nutrients. The mask had no real scent and is made of thin fiber sheet covered with clear serum. The eye holes were slightly small, but overall the fit was decent. My biggest issue was that adherence wasn't great as it kept coming unattached at my chin. Aside from that, it was a nice mask though. It left me nicely hydrated with bouncy skin after removal. I would be interested to try it again during a breakout to see if it help with an of the acne inflammation. 

I think almost all these masks look delicious and refreshing! @quspork great choices!

1 Reply
testing