Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

Of the products Iโ€™ve tried from the brand, itโ€™s my favorite @quspork ๐Ÿ™‚ Happy yo hear it works for you, too!

I must have missed the initial scent on the sheet mask @eshoe. We're semi-twinning it with the rose quartz eye masks too. 

@itsfi Iโ€™ve noticed that even in multipacks of the same exact mask, there are nuances in size/scent sometimes๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ There was a mask @Shosh85 @recently used that I had a 10-pack of, the Jin Jung Sung ๐ŸŒ, where I found some fit better than others. Nothing major, but worth noting. 

The rose mask is really pretty. Something like that would be a great way to bring some variety to getting through a 30 (or 32๐Ÿค”) day mask pack!

1026202128a.jpg

โ€ƒ

Finished off the for innisfree & compared it at the same time to GG Supermud. Going to keep this short since GG is a known love for me & i just reviewed Innisfree. But hey no redness tonight! I purposely avoided that cheek area with Innisfree & nothing. I mostly did some tzone & along the jaw line,. one mask on either side. GG was harder to wash off but I felt cleaner on that side. I think Innisfree leaves a residue, maybe to mattify? .. Yup, I'll stick to my GG for my pesky problem area. @itsfi  here is the back of that GR Avocado 

1026202128.jpg

โ€ƒ

foil. It does mention a pha ..edit: I think this is the original, this one contains honey, the new retinol doesn't. I need to dig around to see if I have a sample of the new one. Nice catch @itsfi ๐Ÿ’š

@sonnydee yep that is the older version, I have the new one but have not tried it yet

@sonnydee  Supermud is one of my most favorite spot treatments! Happy to hear it works for you too! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Yes, this is the original version @sonnydee. That's the one I prefer, but I don't think they make it anymore. Which I just tell myself is probably for the better as I have plenty of sleeping masks already. ๐Ÿ˜ I didn't realize the original contained PHA; or maybe I did and just forgot. Interesting about the feel of the Innisfree vs. GG after rinsing off; I'll have to try them both out together at some point. I like both and I can see myself having both in my stash - of course, I can, right?! Hahaha! ๐Ÿคฃ GG is definitely one when I need to zap the life out of my zit stat. I like it more as the occasional spot treatment; well, it seems less occasional nowadays. 

So the new version is not that great @itsfi ? 

@sonnydee, I havenโ€™t tried the new one - it has retinol in it and since my skin has a history of not responding well to retinol, Iโ€™ve been too scared to try the new version. I know a lot of folks like it.

Still working on my Q masks...This time, Q is for a sheet mask that quietly quenches dehydrated or dry skin and is quintessentially "Papa Recipe quality", making it, without question, one to keep in the queue! ๐Ÿ˜
Papa Recipe Pepta Honey.jpeg
Spoiler
Mask Material, Essence & Noteworthy Ingredients 
Papa Recipe Bombee Pepta Ampoule Honey Mask Pack is one of two new sheet masks to the Papa Recipe Bombee Honey family and, from my perspective it is a welcome addition to a collection already full of fantastic masks. The thin, soft material of the mask is Hanji,  which is traditional handmade paper made from a mulberry tree native to Korea. It is thoroughly saturated, though neither dripping or heavy, with a clear, ever-so-slightly-viscous essence bearing a light, sweetened honey scent that reminds me of a less sweet, more toned down version of the fragrance in the Secret Key Honey Banana Mask Pack that has sadly been discontinued.  The essence is chockful of wonderful skincare ingredients, including extracts of honey, propolis and royal jelly, five forms of hyaluronic acid, copper tripeptide, ceramide, panthenol, centella asiatica and licorice root, to name a few. 

Adherence & Fit 
Adherence on this mask was near perfection and fit easily followed suit with a few, very minor adjustments - I took off about 1/8" from the chin, jawline and placed the sliver of a strip over my forehead to make it reach to my hairline. Width was just a smidge wide at the temple, too small to even bother over. I made a few small incisions to the corners of the eyes and mouth holes to make the mask lay and wear more comfortably and to ensure that none of the essence went into my eyes or mouth. I also deepened the slits for the sides of the nose so the material would lay better along the sides.

Performance & Results 
I left the mask on for my usual half hour but there's so much essence in this mask that I probably could have easily kept it on for an additional 20, maybe even another 30, minutes without issue. For as much essence remains after removing the mask, it does absorb quickly and smoothly into the skin and once it's been fully absorbed, my skin feels soft, bouncy, hydrated and moisturized, so moisturized, in fact, that I didn't feel the need to apply my moisturizer until just before I went to bed. A definite mask for the dry or dehydrated skin types among us! ๐Ÿ˜ This is one mask that I would happily use again, and again, and again. โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

Ingredients 
Spoiler
Water, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Methylpropanediol, Honey Extract (1,000ppm), Propolis Extract, Royal Jelly Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate, Hyaluronic Acid, Copper Tripeptide-1, Ceramide 3, Panthenol, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cholesterol, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Arginine, Carbomer, Allantoin, Trehalose, Dipotassium Glycyrrhide, Disodium EDTA, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Polyglyceryl-10 Myristate, Propanediol, Camellia Sinesis Extract, Zingiber Officinate (Ginger) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Schizandra Chinensis Extract, Coptis Japonica Root Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Calamus Root Extract, Perilla Ocymoides Leaf Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-hexanediol, Fragrance

@itsfi Love all the q's! Haha! I think you hit your Q quota. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Oooh, I want to try the new ones soon! This one sounds wonderful, especially the scent! *sigh* I miss that Secret Key sheet mask - it was one of my most favorites. Just another reason I need to try this one ๐Ÿ˜‰ Glad you enjoyed it!

@Shosh85, lol! I had planned on using this one during H week and P week and for one reason or another never got around to it. I was determined to make it work and get in whatever Q I could come up with! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

I love that Secret Key mask! So good! Iโ€™m bummed itโ€™s been discontinued. Who makes these decisions?!! ๐Ÿ˜† 

This sounds like a great mask for winter @itsfi ! Love the ingredients list also! 

Yes and yes @keana1! My skin can't help but be happy after using this mask! ๐Ÿ˜ Hope you and your family are well! ๐Ÿค—

Great to hear @itsfi ! We are well and healthy! Iโ€™m unable to post pictures in the BIC ( again! ) which is a complete bummer ( Iโ€™ve tried the website and the app and nothing is working, Iโ€™ll try again later today...) I hope that you and your family are also doing well ! ๐Ÿฅฐ

@itsfi this literally sounds like the perfect mask!

It is @lmaster! I'm very happy that I decided to pick it up, even though I was on a sheet mask no buy at the time! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿคฃ

I went into Q & J / Overnight Mask week with some jelly masks pulled from @missjeanie ๐Ÿ˜

First up SNP Firming

20201022_134837.jpg20201022_134845.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20201022_141148.jpg
Whoa this had lots of jelly serum on the mask. It smelled sweet leaning floral to me. The mesh-like tencel material was comfy and the fit was good. I wore it 25 minutes which seemed to be the correct time. I let the jelly absorb and applied some extra jelly from the pack to my neck. There was a very slight stick that went away quickly. Firming claims always make me double take but my face did look a bit firmed (around the checks seemed more defined). And although this wasn't intended for hydration, I forgot to apply moisturizer and don't think my skin missed it. There was tons of extra jelly that I saved and still have to use. I wish fragrance wasn't in the middle but the SNP was better than Kina for me, and I should compare to Yadah while it's fresh. We'll see what this week brings.

Next was SNP Hydrating

20201025_200658.jpg20201025_200705.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20201025_201205.jpg
Same fit as the other but this one didn't feel like there was as much jelly distributed on the mask. So after I applied, I added jelly from the pack on my face. I wore it a little over 25 (lost track of time) but my skin felt similar. The remaining jelly absorbed nicely, only a light stick under chin which faded quickly. This one had more of a rose floral smell. My face was hydrated and I enjoyed it. Again, tons of extra jelly in this packet too despite me needing to use some on the mask. I saved it in a different jar and will be using both at some point. I'm not wasting it!

Both masks were a thumbs up from me. I'd say A-. I wish fragrance wasn't in the middle of the ingredients. These are the type where I would use again but at my current stash level, won't run out to buy. Thanks again missjeanie! What's everyone's favorite jelly mask? (Did I ask this last week? Mom brain is killing me)

I also planned to do a couple overnight masks but that didn't work out. My husband noticed dried blood on my check on day. I have a small mole next to my ear and it was cut somehow. The next couple days I kept finding dry blood but wasn't sure how it was being irritated so I went to the dermatologist and they removed it. So I limited putting products on, especially sleeping and moving it around of my pillow. Eh, I'll get to some overnight masks another time. ๐Ÿคท

@ShortErica those look like they fit perfectly! 

Yes, just little puckers by the chin but so so good @lmaster! Couldn't ask for much better than that. ๐Ÿ˜

@ShortErica  Happy you enjoyed these! It's been awhile, but I remember liking those too!

I have mom brain too, so if you did ask it, I don't remember ๐Ÿ˜‚ I have two jelly masks that are a tie for first place:  Ultru I'm Sorry For My Skin pH5.5 Brightening Jelly Mask and the Jin Jung Sung Snail Honey Jelly Sheet Mask I just posted reviewed on.

1 Reply
testing