Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

Ha, I don't think I realized how many fruits/foods were featured in all of these together, @lmaster 

I think I also took a hanalei out of MOtM so now I'm super excited @quspork. I have a duel of Mitomo masks for this week and between a blog I read and your review I'm keeping my expectations moderate so hopefully they work out as "fine" for me. Nice round up!

I look forward to your reviews, @ShortErica!

@quspork  Great line up of masks!

Thanks, @ather!

Oh my goodness @quspork, the Peripera sparkling mask - it has a cooling effect?!? I would stock up on those for summer ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ โ˜บ๏ธ Hopefully they arenโ€™t part of the discontinued ones!

@eshoe @quspork Peripera won't be making masks at all ๐Ÿ˜ข Clio Cosmetics is the parent company of Peripera and Goodal. Peripera will now be focusing on makeup and Goodal will be focusing on skincare. (Please correct me if I'm wrong, @WinglessOne

With all of the discontinued/reformulated beauty lately, itโ€™s hard not to feel a bit discouraged @Shosh85 @WinglessOne. Iโ€™m at the point where I want to kind of โ€˜settle downโ€™ with a few favorites but this only prompts more experimenting๐Ÿ™„

That's a shame, @Shosh85. Especially since Goodal discontinued my favorite line of their skincare too. Guess it's good for the wallet though!

@Shosh85 @eshoe @quspork  Yep, that's (sadly) correct. Clio has taken Peripera out of the skincare game and made Goodal their primary skincare brand. 

So if anyone wants any Peripera sheet masks (or any other of their skincare products), better grab 'em now while you can still find them. Seoulful took over the Club Clio USA online store (and offline stores, I think) so they still have some of the masks. RoseRoseShop also still has some for sale. 

Yes, this would be so nice for summer- after a long hot day, @eshoe! Luckily roseroseshop has the line in stock, but I always debate whether I need to go ahead and buy more *just in case*!

All these masks look and sound great @quspork! I spy a fall pumpkin background - comforter? Can you believe we are almost through October?!!! 

Hahaha, yes! @itsfi  It's my Halloween bed comforter ๐Ÿ‘ป How we are at the end of October all ready, I have no idea. Especially when April and May lasted 8,462 years apiece. 

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ You speak no lies @quspork! The rest of the year is going to fly by! 

I didn't notice the pumpkin blanket/comforter/placemat/cuteness @itsfi ! I forgot to bring out my purple witches flying on brooms fleece blanket. Gak! 

I almost always forget the blanket stuff, @Weetart! Luckily this year, I was looking for something else in the closet and came across the bin with this so it could be enjoyed haha!

Oooh, the print your blanket sounds fun @Weetart!!! Love blankets; theyโ€™re so comfy and cozy. โ™ฅ๏ธ Halloween snuck up on me this year. ๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ‘ป 

@quspork Lots of great masks!  

@quspork  Sounds like a lot of great masking! So happy you liked the Peripera mask! I'm trying to get through some earlier expiring masks before I get into these, but I may have to sneak a couple in soon, because I'm getting impatient ๐Ÿ˜‚

Love that Papa Recipe mask! Glad to hear it's a constant repurchase for you too! 
I agree with you on the Mitomo mask (as well as the others I've tried from the line) - great artwork, but seem more like filler-type masks.

Yessss, I'm right there with you on the impatience for certain masks, @Shosh85. I reorganized all of mine by expiration back at the beginning of the year and have been good for the most part, but now I'm down to the last few that need to be used before the end of the year and every time I go to pull one- there's a newer one that I really want to grab instead!

@quspork  Yeah, it's all the 10 packs I bought that are killin' me - especially the ones I feel "meh" about. I'm telling myself no more 10 packs unless I've already tried it and know I love it. Another reason TJ Maxx and Marshall's are dangerous places for me to shop ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜‚

testing