Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Itโ€™s May, Hurray! ๐ŸŒธ We are almost 1/2-way through this yearโ€™s challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Mask with a Partner! @Alphaboo gives us this weekโ€™s fun challenge: Letโ€™s make an excuse to mask togetherโ˜บ๏ธ

Letter of the Week:  T

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

Thanks for the warning @sonnydee 

@ShortErica @sonnydee  I tried the GG as a full face mask once and it definitely made my face red. I still love it as a spot treatment though - it works great drying up blemishes!

So sorry you didn't care for the innisfree, I don't personally think it's a dupe. @sonnydee I like both, but I feel they are pretty different

P.s. thanks again for sending me the GR! @lmaster ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿฅ‘

I want mud masks to feel like they did something @lmaster I don't get that with the Innisfree๐Ÿคท but it's probably because gg spoils me. 

It's too bad the Innisfree couldn't compete with the Glam Glow, @sonnydee. It's sounds like the Glow Recipe mask worked out really nicely though!

I was scared of the creaminess...usually can't use the ones that say pretty much a certain skin type- dry. But I have had some luck in the past. Tatcha silk cream only in the winter for me, but I love that stuff! @quspork 

@sonnydee, sorry to hear the Innisfree one didnโ€™t agree with your skin. ๐Ÿ˜ž I like the Innisfree one but I wouldnโ€™t say itโ€™s a dupe either for GG SuperMud. Which GR Avocado Melt is that one - the original version or the one with retinol in it?

I have to look at the foil again. But I think its the original? It doesn't say retinol on this sample.... @itsfi ๐Ÿค” (the pic)

@sonnydee  The GR sounds great! Happy to hear it could help soothe your redness! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

It helped tremendously @Shosh85 my cheek was actually hot to the touch. I was afraid i was going to break out in hives or something but luckily GR to the rescue! 

@sonnydee  Awesome reviews! 

Thanks @ather they are a bit longer than my usual but ๐Ÿคทi felt it needed a better explanation.

Nice J, @sonnydee! The Glow Recipe sounds better than expected. Havenโ€™t tried that or the eye mask due to the retinol, but I read somewhere itโ€™s a very small amount...around 1%. Now youโ€™ve got me interested in it๐Ÿ˜‰

I haven't tried the eye mask yet but will review when I do @eshoe 

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ @sonnydee 

@eshoe @sonnydee Yeah, I really liked the glow recipe retinol eye mask. The full face one was too creamy for my face. I was thinking about getting a full size for the winter. I have built up an insane tolerance for retinol, it's the only thing that has consistently kept me from breaking out over the years. I have been considering asking to see a dermatologist if they have a stronger version... because a prescription with my healthcare would certainly be cheaper than the products I purchase.

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

A is for my old friend, Biobelle Afterparty. 

Macarons are my favorite cookie and this sleeve always makes me want some.Macarons are my favorite cookie and this sleeve always makes me want some.

Notes: 

Spoiler

Claims: Smooths, brightens, and moisturizes skin; protects against environmental stressors. 

Ingredients: Ah, how I miss the days when Biobelle front-loaded their masks with star ingredients! I suppose itโ€™s cheaper for the brand to formulate their masks the way they currently do, but Iโ€™m not a fan of that at allโ€”especially when I can look back to their old masks, like this one, and see yogurt and blueberry listed upfront, along with lactic acid (probably here more for moisture than exfoliation) and amino acids. This is one of my favorite Biobelle masks solely because of its ingredients. I mean, niacinamide? Licorice root? Panthenol? Allantoin? Yes please! And fragrance is where it should be: near the end of the list. 

Spoiler

Water, Glycerin, Propanediol, Lactococcus/Milk Ferment Lysate, Saccharide Isomerate, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Lactic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Corn Gluten Amino Acids, 1,2-Hexanediol, Pentylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Xanthan Gum, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Panthenol, Allantoin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phtalate Free Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Hydroxyacetophenone, Phenoxyethanol 

Performance: This tencel sheet was full of blueberry scented watery serum. I usually get a handful+ of Afterparty serum from the sleeve, and this time was no exception. No trimming was necessary but, as usual, this sheet was too narrow. (Not as narrow as some others Iโ€™ve used, but definitely not wide enough to cover my jaw.) Sometimes I cut perimeter slits at the temples and jaw (well, what should be my jaw) so I can overlap parts of the sheet without bunching it up, but I didnโ€™t do that tonight. 

The first time I ever used this mask, I expected to find a cream serum in the sleeveโ€”because you know, yogurt. I remember how surprised I was. ๐Ÿ˜„ Something about this particular serum always makes this sheet feel relaxing on my face. I can't smell the blueberry much after smoothing the sheet on my skin, which is probably a good thing if that scent is driven mainly by added fragrance elements. 

After 30 minutes of wear tonight, it took just a minute to massage and press residual serum into my skin. I had no pilling or tackiness. 

Results: Hydrated and well moisturized skin that looked brighter and felt soft and bouncy to the touch. Now that Iโ€™ve used a few new-to-me masks that are more hydrating and moisturizing than Afterparty, I can knock its rating down to a 89-90. Itโ€™s still a good mask and I still plan to restock it while I can, before it disappears from all retailers. 

Tonight I topped Afterparty with Drunk Elephant F-Balm (received as gratis from Sephora), a sleep mask that totally fails me in cold weather but fairs much better in heat. For me, itโ€™s lightweight enough to use after a moisturizing sheet mask without making my skin feel heavy or smothered. 

This one sounds great @WinglessOne! I have it pulled out to use this week!

@WinglessOne  This one sounds Devine!! 

@WinglessOne  The last place I saw still had these was Kohl's, but that was like 6 months ago. I don't remember which ones they had, but I liked all the originals so I wish I would've grabbed them when I saw them. ๐Ÿ˜ข I'll have to go back soon just in case there's still some there ๐Ÿคž

Photos1,712
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg