Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar that give your skin the perfect AM glow! Another nod to @keana1 for this week’s challengeπŸ™ŒπŸΌ

Letter of the Week:  M

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@sonnydee  Yeah, I've heard a lot of people say that DE products cause them break outs. Sorry to hear this is the case for you. I don't really have a strong opinion about the brand, but I do love the pump jars they package their full size products in πŸ˜‰ I may not repurchase the DE but I will re-use the jar! πŸ˜ƒ

That sheet masks sounds fabulous @sonnydee; love the black and white design on the packaging too! πŸ˜

I kept putting it off due to the long wear time but I'm glad I finally had the time & desire to try it. I dont know if its worth $11 - found on Amazon for 1 mask 😳but I'll use the ones  got. They'll probably pop up on ipsy again if I really like them  @itsfi 

I use this year round, but the smell was like extra appealing because, it’s the season! Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask Enzymatic Dermal Resurfacer 5 oz 

smells like pumpkin pie. And my skin always feels like a baby after using it. It has a tingle, doesn’t take long. And a jar lasts forever. I like how they sell their big jars in packs and those packs go on super sale all the time. But like I said, takes forever to get through a jar because they don’t skimp on the product. 

9D178373-43A5-4604-81EB-5FDD3A9B4857.jpeg

 

CD53EE27-335A-4E69-8AE4-27CE2DD6641A.jpeg

 

 

Love this mask, @Weetart!

@Weetart  Such a great choice!

This is a favorite of so many @Weetart! You are right - if it’s a favorite, it’s great to have a hearty jar and frequent salesπŸ‘πŸΌ

For realz @eshoe 

@Weetart Mmm, I LOVE this one! It smells SO delicious! Glad you enjoy it too! πŸ˜ƒ

It does smell like you can eat it! @Shosh85 dangerous around little ones... and big babies like me. But unlike Glow Recipe I'm sure it would be a disaster if I accidently got some of this in my mouth.

This is one of my favorite masks @Weetart! πŸ’– Love the scent, love the results! Perfect year round, but so fitting for the fall! 

Same here @itsfi ! It's one that I actually get through a full container, then actually have to purchase a new one. A must on the shelf. Scrubby wise I also really like OLEHENRIKSEN Pore-Balanceβ„’ Facial Sauna Scrub 3 oz/ 85 g it leaves my skin feeling fresh and soft as a baby bottom. I haven't tried OLEHENRIKSEN Cold Plunge Pore Mask 3 oz/ 90 mL ... why haven't I?

@Weetart @itsfi  The sauna scrub is one of my favorites to use, especially in the winter because of its warming effect. Mmm, feels so nice!

100% agree @Weetart. πŸ‘ŠπŸΌ There are few wash off masks that I repurchase as a full size, and the PTR pumpkin is one of them. Ooouh, very good to know - I have a mini set with that OH sauna scrub. It leaves your skin soft and smooth like a baby’s bum? πŸ€” Well then, I definitely need to give it a go soon. The Cold Plunge Pore is a nice one; I was β€œmeh” about it the first time I tried it but gave it another shot and have really liked having it as part of my mask stash. 😍 The cooling sensation and color are added perks. πŸ˜‰ 

dragon.jpg

WHAT IT IS
This refreshing gel mask helps refine texture & brighten to boost skin’s clarityβ€”leaving you looking luminous.

WHAT IT IS FORMULATED TO DO
A juicy burst of hydration for skin, this SuperFruit mask with Dragon Fruit & Vitamin C helps boost radiance to improve skin’s clarity. Crushed Walnut Shell exfoliators gently exfoliate & refine skin’s texture, and Tangerine, Lemon & Blackcurrant leave you feeling refreshed.

I didn't notice anything, but than again my sample is from when they sent them out to be tested. This is the one with the walnut shells in it, so I will be discarding this.

@Samtian I don't blame you for discarding it

@lmaster It's a good lesson to remind myself, if I used things when they were new I wouldn't have to toss so much lol.

It's too bad about the shells and lack of performance, @Samtian. I think I remember liking this one ok when they sent out the samples, but I honestly can't remember which one I preferred at the time. 

@quspork Haha yeah it has been a while.

@Samtian  Sounds refreshing! Too bad there’s walnut shells in it. 

@ather Agreed!