Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@WinglessOne I had to screenshot your remedy as inevitably it will happen to me sometime soon. Love the idea about soaking the bamboo pads, it sounds very soothing and now I have to go hunt down those, too๐Ÿ˜‚

@WinglessOne Oh my!  Poor thing!  It is amazing how the skin reacts to products it doesn't like.  I'm sure you are back to pampering it. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Thanks @tjffc! The funny thing (well, funny now; I wasn't laughing earlier this month) is my previous weeks of babying was done to recover from a bad reaction to a different product. Good grief... I'll be glad when I can see my dermatologist in person again, though I'm bracing for lots of lecturing. ๐Ÿ˜„ 

@WinglessOne Yes!  The dermatologist is my favorite MD.  They are worth their weight in gold and in my case a miracle worker!  I'm sure you will just get a tiny scolding.๐Ÿ˜Š

@WinglessOne holy ouch!! Chemical burn,,, do you think it's going to scar?

@lmaster  I'm not sure if I'll have a scar under my left eye, but my right undereye is healing nicelyโ€”slowly, but nicelyโ€”so hopefully the left will follow suit. If not, well, I'll just have to up my concealer game under that eye. ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ

@WinglessOne Oh No! I hate when that happens. it looks like you have a good routine! I got a bit too rough with one of those under the skin acne spots on my chin and I've also been finding the CBD Herbivore oil to be super helpful in calming things down! Totally one of the best gwp I've selected from Sephora and I'll for sure buy the full size when it runs out

Thanks @Kim888 ! Herbivoreโ€™s CBD oil is (IMO) the best thing the brandโ€™s ever made. Iโ€™m glad itโ€™s helping you, too! 

For P & K / Forgotten Wonders week

First up was the 7 wonders mediterranean mask sent to be by @eshoe. She sure has shared a wonderful range of masks and introduced me to different styles and materials. Biocellulose is always awesome and I wonder why I waited

20201015_115810.jpg20201015_115816.jpg

Spoiler
Bad news bears..my picture of my face is missing from my phone. The fit was good but it did have fold over spots around my nose and chin. The biocellulose was sandwiched between two layers to help you apply. I wore it for 25 minutes but couldn't do my usually neck trick because of the material. I had a strong whiff of floral out of the packet which was intriguing considering there was no scent during wear and the packet itself only lightly smelled floral. Afterward I felt some tack but it faded and was gone with moisturizer. I used extra serum (which was kind of leaning gel vs serum texture) on neck, dรฉcolletage, and hands. The ingredients looked good though sometimes my skin is fine with a bit of witch hazel and other times not. This one worked well, my skin looked nice and I enjoyed it. I feel a bit bad about the waste with two coverings but you truly can tell the difference in the Leaders lines and that this (Insolution) is superior to the Mediu ones I have. A-

Next were some eye masks from @faeriegirl - Panda Eye Essence Mask

20201016_092741.jpg20201016_092747.jpg

Spoiler
I always compare to the Skyn Iceland and was a bit disappointed these weren't the sticker kind but they showed me!

My face
Spoiler
20201016_092934.jpg
These stayed in place during wear and let me tell you I went way way way past the wear time recommended. They have a gold serum and the scent was unique and I couldn't pinpoint it. They temporarily plumped lines though later (thanks car mirror) they didn't look as great as maybe my bathroom mirror made it appear. They definitely provided a nice brightening too. I also appreciated there was some extra serum to use another day. A different kind from my preference but I was impressed. A-

And for a forgotten mask..oh yeah, remember I did all those Mediheal masks a few weeks ago, well I saved their combined serum in a jar and added a cotton mask round from @eshoe. I meant to do it during that week and refound it on my counter

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20201017_204333.jpg
I think I drenched it in the right amount of serum because with a little spritz of the Avene facial water (thanks @lmaster) before placing it on my skin, it had a good 20 minute wear. The scent was not distinguishable (kinda floral and clean I think) since it was everything combined but it didn't stay around. My skin looked nice afterward but I don't know what the results should have been. It is always a decent way to use some extra serum and makes me appreciate the amount of serum required for face masks. I wish the fit was a bit better, the gaps by the sides of the nose annoy me but let's be honest, the occasional frankenmask is fun to do. B

Last up was a Kina jelly mask from @emaisgr8 

20201018_203857.jpg20201018_203903.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20201018_204233.jpg
I am so for jelly masks and they might be one of my favorite kinds. Something about the thickness of the jelly soaking in is very satisfying. Also there tends to be extra jelly (spoiler - there was a ton) which can be used later. The mask had a decent fit though it touched my hair on the sides. It had a floral scent. I wore it 25 minutes and then applied on the neck while the jelly residue on my face absorbed. My skin was sticky and it lingered even with moisturizer. My skin did look nice and was hydrated. I was able to use the extra jelly two separate days and both times had that sticky feeling. The other tweaks like touching my hair and the floral scent (just not my preference) would make it an A- mask on my scale but the sticky quality bumps it down to a B+. Still a good mask in the scheme of all the masks I've tried. I have some SNP jelly masks from @missjeanie to use and compare this week so I'm excited to see how I feel about this brand.

@ShortErica  The fraken mask sounds like  fun experiment! Glad it turned out decent!

I really enjoyed those eye patches too! I agree though, they'd be perfect if they were the sticker type! Happy to hear they worked for you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 I'm thinking I'll use the tabs when I'm working though what I bought in 10 packs. That way I'm merging all the same serum. Though I'm sure more frankenmasks will be in my future too ๐Ÿ˜

Love those panda eye masks @ShortErica 

Iโ€™ve been curious about that Kina one, @ShortErica - thank you for sharing your thoughts on it! The Panda eye masks are very pleasant, I agree ๐Ÿ˜Š

Happy to hear that the Leaders worked for you. When is still my favorite biocell, but this line is lovely, too.

You're welcome @eshoe. From this Kina mask I'd considering taking another to try out of MOtM but wouldn't buy a 10-pack if I saw it at TJ Maxx if that makes sense.

Yes it does, @ShortErica. 10-packs are such a gamble unless you have others willing to play a masking guessing game๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

Used this Sunday night  to finish my forgotten mask week..

I have forgotten to take a pic of the mask but i want to post while i still remember the details so screenshot! 

The Creme Shop Chia sheet mask

Fit?this mask was thicker than the usual CS masks. It was also smaller. I ended up ripping off the below nose part it was really wide, they have been really plaguing me lately ๐Ÿ˜’

Smell? Typical sheet mask scent but strong

Consistency?very saturated & the serum was sticky at first . Not tacky but plain sticky! I skipped my night moisturizer because I doubt it wouldve helped..๐Ÿ˜ณ

Ease of use?this is one that i did watch the clock. Its thicker so I did have to press it down a few times. I like low maintenance masking๐Ÿ˜‚

Would I  purchase/try again? I do have more &, the results were good, my skin felt good waking up & I wasn't sticky anymore. I hope,if they even make this one anymore, that the mask itself improved. 

Screenshot_20201020-125804.png

โ€ƒ

But i do love the coconut/chia 

My skin likes the chia seed mask @sonnydee so I'm looking forward to trying the coconut chia one. Sounds like it would be hydrating and moisturizing! ๐Ÿ˜

@sonnydee  Hmmm, I tried this one a long time ago, but I don't remember it being sticky. ๐Ÿค” I think I'll have to refresh my memory on this one, because according to my notes, I really liked it ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป It's too bad it was so sticky for you, but I'm glad to hear the results were good despite that. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

It did give me good results @Shosh85 & I think  drier skin types or if I used this after being in the sun all day or cold dry weather would appreciate or not even notice the stickiness. There are a few that have heavier serum like this one & I use those after sun days. I'll probably try these out again during the colder months. โ›„

@sonnydee  Yep, I forgot we have opposite skin types. ๐Ÿ˜‰My skin is dry or dehydrated year-round, so that could've definitely made a difference 

@Shosh85 

tenor (28).gif

โ€ƒOily in my case. Or shiny depending in how you spin it๐Ÿ˜Š

1 Reply
testing