Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@itsfi  Urg I agree. Outside is completely white this morning and my skin is changing fast. My right side has a spell of maskne that hasnโ€™t gone away yet. Iโ€™m hoping soon. I want to try all oils this winter but Iโ€™m hesitant with wearing masks all the time. Iโ€™m interested in hearing how you make out as well. 

@ather, I hear ya. ๐Ÿค— I'll let you know if I'm finding a combination of products or ingredients that are working. At the moment, I'm thinking a 'safe' approach will be for me to use facial oils in my evening routine and I'm thinking through a couple of routines for the morning that'll give my skin enough hydration and moisture and keep maskne reactions to a minimum. 

@itsfi  Sounds good!! If I discover anything I will let you know as well!! 

@itsfi the innisfree sounds interesting, and based on your initial experience, very forgiving on your part that you are willing to give it another go. I hope a fresher version gives your better adherence and overall experience ๐Ÿ™‚

@eshoe, my first go with this one wasnโ€™t bad at all. Itโ€™s entirely possible that the mask might have performed better had I used it closer to when I purchased it, and not so close to the expiration date. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ  So another go seems like itโ€™s in order. 

@itsfi  I really like the sound of this one! I could've totally missed it, but what is the scent like and what is the material? Sorry for the questions, but I'm super interested in this one ๐Ÿ™‚

Interesting about the white cast - not sure I've come across serum like that! 

Ack!! You didnโ€™t miss it @Shosh85; I completely forgot to include that info. ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ Sorry about that. The material feels like cotton to me and there is a scent that is very familiar to me. It has a slightly sweet, maybe floral, scent to it. The scent has bugged me for a while; I keep smelling the inside of the pouch to see if it will jog my memory, but still, nothing. ๐Ÿ˜‚ You are one of the people I thought of when I was using this one because it is something I think those of us with dry or dehydrated skin could like. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

@itsfi Thanks! I love how this one sounds! I'll definitely have to purchase this one soon. It's nice that Innisfree products are always pretty affordable! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, thereโ€™s a purple version and a green one too. I think I used the purple one last year, or maybe the year before that. Iโ€™m going to try really hard to get through a handful of more masks in my stash before restocking. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ I should probably start to sift through my restock list ๐Ÿ“ so I donโ€™t go too crazy when I let myself loose! ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@itsfi very interesting about the serum,,, please keep us posted if you get the chance to buy another

@lmaster, Iโ€™m very curious to see how the cream serum on this one performs when I use a mask thatโ€™s not so close to the expiration date. ๐Ÿค” 

P is for pimple. And K for Killa

๐Ÿ˜ฒused this last night & overnight after getting a sample in a Ulta gwp. It didn't have the clean swab & I did see some favorable results later- I think it speed up the healing time of that blemish, so i ordered a small pack with a recent order- to try again. You first clean the area with what looks like an alcohol pad- & it does include alcohol & after 15 sec or so place the patch on. (tucked inside the plastic). This time the pimple was on my cheek & being there really helped the comfort of these. I didn't feel it, its almost invisible. Peeling it off this morning wasnt to bad & my pimple does feel & look less angry. I also feel like it shrank. I bought a 4 pack $16, i think I would use these for the more stubborn ones. But with peace out patches you get more bang for your buck at 19 dots for $20.

1016202116.jpg

1016202118.jpg

1016202118a.jpg

Interesting @sonnydee, was your pimple without a head? I don't get those deep ones often but when I do, I'm looking for something to ease the pain and lessen the time since the hydrocolloid patches tend to do well on only the ones already popping out.

Yes @ShortErica they want you to use these on newly formed so mine was at the sore bump stage but no head. I woke to it being so small & now its completely gone.๐Ÿ˜ so it works but expensive

Iโ€™ve wondered about these @sonnydee. ๐Ÿง Itโ€™s always nice to find something youโ€™d use on the stubborn ones that always seem to make an appearance at the most inconvenient times!!! ๐Ÿ˜– 

You only get 4 in the small pack & so one night you could end up using them all! @itsfi so yeah, save these for the more stubborn ones. 

@sonnydee  Thanks for the great review! Good to know peace out is a better bang for my buck!

Definitely @ather ๐Ÿค—

@sonnydee  Oh, I remember being confused about the swab thing. I think I also got a free sample from ulta and was trying to figure out what the swab thing meant.

I think they must've overlooked adding a swab to the sample @PrettyPaint mine didn't have 1 either & it left me scratching my head too ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿ˜œ

@sonnydee pretty sure this is the most intricate packing I've seen for a pimple patch. Seems no matter what I try, the heavy hitter still remains Kate Somerville EradiKate 1 oz/ 30 mL

testing