Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

I hear ya @Samtian! I hear ya!

@lmaster 

@Samtian  Awe, I'm sorry this one gave you a hard time! I usually roll it up real tight (like I'm rolling up a sleeping bag) and then press down. This has always worked for me! Hopefully you have better luck next time! ๐Ÿคž

@Shosh85 Thanks, lol I'm just super weak.

@Samtian  When the folded ear's too difficult to pop even when pressing the palm of my hand over it, I press a hard object over itโ€”usually a glass jar containing a mask or moisturizer, sometimes an old compactโ€”and that does the trick. I hope you have better success next time! 

@WinglessOne Thanks, haha I tried that too.

Oh yes the ear can be tricky @Samtian. In good news some masks pop easier than others so hopefully your next one is better.

@ShortErica Thanks for the heads up!

Ughhhhh! I hate that. Or if I dont hear a noticeable pop I question, " Did it work?"๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿคท @Samtian I do love the bears though

@sonnydee Haha at least I'll know to be on the look out for a pop noise. I have some more later on down the road.

J is for Jelly

09C62A3A-8ED6-4169-A4AA-9F02B4B564AE.jpeg

Spoiler

Holika Holika Milky Lemon Jelly Sheet Mask

This is a thin, meshy cotton sheet mask that was saturated with a clear jelly serum and had a creepy character design on it. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿฅด It smelled like a typical sheet mask, with maybe a hint of lemon in there. I didn't really smell anything while the mask was on. The fit was a little off - too long at the chin, and the mouth part didn't line up right, so the strip between the nose and lip kept getting into my mouth - so I just chopped it off. The adherence was ok, except for the chin that didn't seem to want to stay put. I kept the mask on for about 25 minutes, when the chin just completely stopped sticking. There was some light tackiness after removing that absorbed in less than 10 minutes. My face looked a smidge brighter/less dull and my skin felt nicely moisturized and had a nice glow.

I really enjoyed the results from this one and love the jelly serum. I would use this one again but probably wouldn't repurchase because it wasn't the most comfortable mask to wear and just  wasn't anything super amazing.

My face: (is this picture showing up?I've been having trouble posting)

Spoiler
IMG_4721.JPG

Give me a lemon scent @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ˜† 

@lmaster  Haha! Right? I was really hoping for a nice lemon scent, but at least it didn't smell like a lemon cleaner! ๐Ÿ˜‰

The package is intriguing @Shosh85. Too bad it wasn't comfy. Otherwise it sounds enjoyable.

@ShortErica  Im sure I bought these because of the packaging ๐Ÿ˜‰ For some reason I never expect a character mask to be comfortable ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป It was a fun one though!

Lemon jelly sounds like it would be such a great combo; if only it wore more comfortably @Shosh85! ๐Ÿ˜” 

@itsfi  Love jelly masks - especially during warmer weather! I mainly bought this because it said "jelly" and because of the cute character on the packaging - too bad the mask itself wasn't as cute, but at least it was good for a laugh! ๐Ÿ˜‰

From last week, P is for pomegranate

Pomegranate.jpeg

Spoiler
Mask Details: Urban Dollkiss Baviphat Juicy Mask Sheet is a thicker leaning cotton mask coated in a milky creamy lotion type essence with a scent that, interestingly, made me think of a raspberry (not pomegranate) kouign amann (see spoilers), or a raspberry cream danish. I know, that is a very specific thing to smell. Folks, I have no idea how I come up with these things; I'm just telling you what came to my mind when I caught the scent. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Fit & Adherence: Fit was large all over, and I mean, all over, so I think this mask could accommodate a lot of face sizes and shapes. Adherence was good for the 20 minutes I had it on, but near the end, it felt like it would start drying out in certain areas soon. There's some extra essence in the packet that can be used to remoisten the mask. 

Performance & Results: I was a little disappointed that it seemed like it might start drying near the 20-minute mark; I can typically get in a good 30-40 minutes from most masks, at a minimum. Even so, when I removed the mask, I could feel that my skin felt nicely and happily moisturized and brightened with a fresh-faced glow. I didn't experience any firming that the mask claims, but to be fair, I'm not entirely convinced that I'd see or experience that from a sheet mask in a single use. 

Overall Thoughts: This could be a nice mask for the cooler months, for most if not all skin types, though I'd caution those with very oily skin to be mindful of wear time and the time of year the mask is being used; the essence might be too heavy for some. 

Will I Repurchase?: Maybe. Creamy milky essences are great for my skin in the cooler months and this is one that I would consider picking up again, after working through the rest of my stash. 

What's a kouign amman?
Spoiler
(from eatersf (dot) com๐Ÿ˜ž
Mmmm....Mmmm....

Well @itsfi raspberry danish sounds amazing

Doesn't it @lmaster? I've been thinking about one since using the sheet mask, but so far, I have been good. The operative words being "so far". ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

That's a pretty package @itsfi ๐Ÿ˜Š i think I got 1 mask from this brand & was really impressed by how much I liked it...might have to look into more...*cough* when my stash dwindles...hahaha lovely pic as usual!

Hahaha @sonnydee! Completely with you on that *cough* ๐Ÿ˜ Iโ€™m somewhat close to using up masks that were purchased pre-2020 so that is encouraging. But it seems I made more sheet mask purchases in the early part of the year, before the stay at home, than I initially thought I did. ๐Ÿค” ๐Ÿ› Whoops. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ 

1 Reply
testing